Best tasting Electrolyte drinks

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I'm getting older and water just doesn't cut it anymore.
I have a friend who is in the same "shape" I am in, with health issues and all. She loves her specific electrolyte drink. I have another friend who loves her specific drink as well. I've tried both of them, and one is ok, the other one just tastes like dirty water.

I'd like to find potent electrolyte drink, with LOTS of flavor, no sugar, cheap on the price, and good for the older generation.....especially ones with medical issues.

I've searched online, but I find it's better to ask people who actually drink the stuff, as the companies are going to hype their own products regardless of true advertising.

Have you tried zipfizz?
They're really tasty and you can carry em around with you and dump em in a bottle of water.

1624148804864.png

I usually go with water. But if I will be sweating more than usual, I like Bodyarmour sports drink. I don't remember if they have a sugar free version, but they do use actual cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

And it has more potassium than other drinks, which saves me from the leg cramps.

I usually go with water. But if I will be sweating more than usual, I like Bodyarmour sports drink. I don't remember if they have a sugar free version, but they do use actual cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.

And it has more potassium than other drinks, which saves me from the leg cramps.

Thats what one of my friends drinks, but I really need something sugar free.
Although I do love the strawberry banana!!

I have a friend who is in the same "shape" I am in, with health issues and all. She loves her specific electrolyte drink. I have another friend who loves her specific drink as well. I've tried both of them, and one is ok, the other one just tastes like dirty water.

I'd like to find potent electrolyte drink, with LOTS of flavor, no sugar, cheap on the price, and good for the older generation.....especially ones with medical issues.

I've searched online, but I find it's better to ask people who actually drink the stuff, as the companies are going to hype their own products regardless of true advertising.
I was recommended to drink an electrolyte drink that had low sodium and very little calories. Cheap too. Coconut water.

Amazon product

Now if you have an allergy to coconuts then this is not for you, but since i have been drinking the recommended amount i dont cramp up.

I've become a big fan of Sqwincher.

Their web site seem to be broken right now, but the product I nearly always get is their Sqwincher Stik Zero in the lemon-lime flavor. Nominally, each packet is supposed to be mixed with 20 ounces of water, but it works just fine to mix it into a standard 16.9-ounce bottle of bottled water. I only very recently noticed that it says on the main package to “MIX WITH 16.9 FL. OZ BOTTLE FOR A MORE INTENSE FLAVOR”.

It does come in other flavors as well, it comes in forms with and without sugar (I'm diabetic, so I only ever get the “Zero” variants without sugar), and it comes in a variety of different forms.

My own main use of it takes the form of a repurposed 64-ounce bottle, which I fill ⅔ with water, add two packets, shake well, then put in the freezer overnight. The next morning I take a cheap knockoff of the Five-Hour Energy shot, mix another packet of Sqwincher into that, shake that up, dump it into the bottle, and fill the rest of the way with water.

When we had covid, the hospital suggested Pedialyte. It wasn't bad tasting. Seemed to do what it was intended to do.

I've become a big fan of Sqwincher.

Their web site seem to be broken right now, but the product I nearly always get is their Sqwincher Stik Zero in the lemon-lime flavor. Nominally, each packet is supposed to be mixed with 20 ounces of water, but it works just fine to mix it into a standard 16.9-ounce bottle of bottled water. I only very recently noticed that it says on the main package to “MIX WITH 16.9 FL. OZ BOTTLE FOR A MORE INTENSE FLAVOR”.

It does come in other flavors as well, it comes in forms with and without sugar (I'm diabetic, so I only ever get the “Zero” variants without sugar), and it comes in a variety of different forms.

My own main use of it takes the form of a repurposed 64-ounce bottle, which I fill ⅔ with water, add two packets, shake well, then put in the freezer overnight. The next morning I take a cheap knockoff of the Five-Hour Energy shot, mix another packet of Sqwincher into that, shake that up, dump it into the bottle, and fill the rest of the way with water.
My last employer supplied Squincher to the employees. It was as good as any other electrolyte drink that I've had.

Forum List

Back