Best stand up comedians of all time.

I think Chris Rock is better than Pryor. Carlin is pretty hilarious still though.

Rock has his moments, but stands on the shoulders of Pryor while doing so.

I think Chris Rock is better than Pryor. ...

That's like saying Eddie Van Halen is 'better' than Jimi Hendrix sort of.

He was
Wrong.

Hendrix>Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen dominated the guitar and is still alive at 64. Hendrix had a 4 year career and drowned in his own puke.

And was a force of nature. In 4 years he established a legendary mark so high that people are still comparing every other guitarist to him.

I think Chris Rock is better than Pryor. ...

That's like saying Eddie Van Halen is 'better' than Jimi Hendrix sort of.

He was
Wrong.

Hendrix>Van Halen

Eddie Van Halen dominated the guitar and is still alive at 64. Hendrix had a 4 year career and drowned in his own puke.

And was a force of nature. In 4 years he established a legendary mark so high that people are still comparing every other guitarist to him.

He did okay playing covers of Bob Dylan and Frances Scott Key, but is otherwise little more than myth.

In my book there are 2 truly great ones and then everyone else.

Richard Pryor could say more with his expressions than most people
can with words.

And George Carlin was just a genius.
  • "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."

I grew up listening to Pryor and Carlin.

Pryor was hilarious.

George Carlin was an absolute genius. And fearless.

Every year he threw out all his old material and started from scratch. And his line "You ever notice that the women protesting abortions are women you wouldn't wanna fuck anyway?" was one most comedians would either build up to or not say at all. Carlin opened his act with that line at Carnegie Hall.

Carlin also had the privilege of being handcuffed to Lennie Bruce when they were both arrested at a nightclub. Bruce for obscenity and Carlin because he was underage.

To say I am a fan is an understatement.

My favorites

George Carlin
Rodney Dangerfield
Bill Cosby
Chris Rock
Robin Williams
Ah, you have to add Tim Conway and Red Skeleton.

I thought Tim Conway was better at sketch comedy
I loved Red Skelton when I was a kid, but today I find his stuff more walk on the sides of your shoes and shove straws up your nose. A Milton Berle kind of comic

My favorites

George Carlin
Rodney Dangerfield
Bill Cosby
Chris Rock
Robin Williams
Ah, you have to add Tim Conway and Red Skeleton.

I thought Tim Conway was better at sketch comedy
I loved Red Skelton when I was a kid, but today I find his stuff more walk on the sides of your shoes and shove straws up your nose. A Milton Berle kind of comic
I loved both as a kid, and it was impossible for Harvy Corman to keep a straight face in his presence.

Forum List

Back