Best Places To Move

Phoenix is zero woke and affordable

Tucson is very woke and many beaners

Ha. You reminded me. Thank you for that. My friend lost his house, moved to Phoenix, neighbor showed up in camouflage with a holstered pistol. That‘s legendary unwoke.

Here's the thing: The biggest single factor (other than a JOB) that induces people to move from one state to another is the CLIMATE. Politics might be a factor for some, but people who are PERSONALLY DISADVANTAGED by political shit like taxes are very few. And the fact is that the states with the most ridiculous state income taxes just happen to be the states where the wages are highest for middle-class people, so they actually offset one another. In sum, no harm done.

Florida is nice. While it is God-awful hot and humid in the Summertime, the locals have pretty much learned to live with it, and the weather is generally fantastic in the other three seasons. Also, it is fairly easy to find friendly communities where the cost of living is reasonable and personal services are abundant.

California continues to have "oases" of sanity despite its overall reputation for high taxes, urban problems, and a stratospheric cost of living. Check out the little cities mid-state with populations around 50,000.

Colorado, Oregon, North Carolina (I prefer WESTERN NC for the mountains), Virginia - away from D.C.

Lots of great places to live.

I grew up in the Snow belt of Northern Ohio between Cleveland Ohio and Erie Pennsylvania. After a tour of duty in the Air Force I returned to that area and discovered I no longer liked shoveling snow and below zero temperatures. So I moved to Florida and have lived there for half a century.

When a person first moves to Florida they find the heat in the summer oppressive. After a year or perhaps two the summers are still hot but they don’t seem anywhere near as bad. One theory I have heard is ”your blood thins out.”

I remember living in Tampa and in the winter driving with a jacket on and the heater running in the car and seeing female“snowbirds” on the beach in bikinis.

Florida is a great place to live.

Phoenix has over taken SF in population

Just can’t ever leave your house or you will get cancer or a heat stroke lol

Forum List

Back