Best Live Rock Shows You've Ever Seen.

WelfareQueen

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2013
Uranus
Okay, let the fun begin. My all time favorite shows live.

1. The Who Hampton Coliseum 1980

2. Eric Clapton/Graham Parker Richmond Coliseum1985

3. Robert Plant Richmond Coliseum 1990.

4. Elton John Target Center Minneapolis 1998

5. Judas Priest Hampton Coliseum 1983

Please list some of your favorite shows.

Last edited:
I give an honorable mention to Rush and Mr. Big at the Richmond Coliseum 1989. Van Halen in Richmond on the 1984 Tour kicked ass. But I digress.

Texas Jam june 9th 1979.
Warm band TKO
Boston
Heart
Van Halen
Sammy Hagar
Nazareth
Blue Oyster Cult

The first show I ever show was Heart in early 1980. Great show. I also saw Sammy Hagar open for ZZ Top in 1983. Also excellent.
It’s crazy Sammy and Van Halen both at the Jam and few years later he is lead singer for Van Halen.

Texas Jam june 9th 1979.
Warm band TKO
Boston
Heart
Van Halen
Sammy Hagar
Nazareth
Blue Oyster Cult

The first show I ever show was Heart in early 1980. Great show. I also saw Sammy Hagar open for ZZ Top in 1983. Also excellent.
It’s crazy Sammy and Van Halen both at the Jam and few years later he is lead singer for Van Halen.

I saw Van Halen three times but never with Sammy. He was great on his own though.

Believe it or not during the summer of 1972 I was half seated in the front row at Madison Square Garden witnessing The Rolling Stones and Faces.

Honestly, as great as the Stones were, Ronnie Lane and Faces put on a better show.

And unlike the Stones who were over an hour late every time I saw them live, Faces took the stage on time.

"A nod is as good as a wink to a dead horse."

Peace.

Target ctr acoustics suck,,,,,,

Don't most concrete bowls have crappy acoustics? Still, great show.
Targets is terrible.....cant remember who we saw there but when we went to The X the difference was incredible.

I saw just two shows at the Target Center when I lived in Minneapolis. The sound really wasn't that bad but I was pretty close to the stage. I did not see a show at the St. Paul Arena.

Texas Jam june 9th 1979.
Warm band TKO
Boston
Heart
Van Halen
Sammy Hagar
Nazareth
Blue Oyster Cult

I saw Van Halen three times but never with Sammy. He was great on his own though.

I didn't fall fully in love with Van Halen until Sammy join the band. Sadly I never saw them live.
☮️

Target ctr acoustics suck,,,,,,

Don't most concrete bowls have crappy acoustics? Still, great show.
Targets is terrible.....cant remember who we saw there but when we went to The X the difference was incredible.

I saw just two shows at the Target Center when I lived in Minneapolis. The sound really wasn't that bad but I was pretty close to the stage. I did not see a show at the St. Paul Arena.
Were you born here....going to school.....

Okay, let the fun begin. My all time favorite shows live.

1. The Who Hampton Coliseum 1980

2. Eric Clapton/Graham Parker Richmond Coliseum1985

3. Robert Plant Richmond Coliseum 1990.

4. Elton John Target Center Minneapolis 1998

5. Judas Priest Hampton Coliseum 1983

Please list some of your favorite shows.
When the Raiders still had Mark Lindsey with them, they put on a fantastic show at the patio Gardens, Lagoon in SLC.

For old Rock, saw just about everybody. The best off the top of my head -

The Beach Boys - Washington Arena - 1965

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Ambassador Theater - 1967

The Doors - Washington Hilton Hotel - 1967

The Byrds - don't remember where :auiqs.jpg:- 1968

The Who - Meriweather Post Pavilion - 1969

Santana (debut) - Woodstock - 1969

The Band/Ten Years After (tied) - Woodstock - 1969

The Kinks - Marshall High School - 1971

Emerson, Lake and Palmer (1st American Tour) - Alexandria Roller Rink - 1972

King Crimson - The Kennedy Center - 1975

Forum List