Best Ford commercial ever!

There is a difference between a LOAN and a BAILOUT.

A lot of the Automakers took loans from the FED, even Toyota and BMW. The difference is Ford, Toyota and BMW will actually pay back their loans.

The bailouts of GM and Chrysler have cost the American taxpayers BILLIONS.
The article I linked asked if Ford would have gotten the terms it did from the free market.

But you're right -- we've lost our money to the UAW by way of GM and Chrysler, and we'll never get it back.

I plan on buying a vehicle next year. I love Chevy trucks, but I will not buy a new one. I'll buy used so I don't reward GM's irresponsible behavior.

A lot of the Automakers took loans from the FED, even Toyota and BMW. The difference is Ford, Toyota and BMW will actually pay back their loans.

The article I linked asked if Ford would have gotten the terms it did from the free market.

But you're right -- we've lost our money to the UAW by way of GM and Chrysler, and we'll never get it back.

I plan on buying a vehicle next year. I love Chevy trucks, but I will not buy a new one. I'll buy used so I don't reward GM's irresponsible behavior.

GM paid back the bailout money.

Wrong.

BBCW: Obama Now Agrees: General Motors Will Never Pay Back all the Bailouts

General Motors Will Never Repay Taxpayers - Reason Magazine

Do you have a unicorn in your kitchen?

What planet do you live on? 'Cause it wasn't paid back on this one.

GM pays off its Treasury Department loans - Apr. 21, 2010

General Motors has made a final payment of $5.8 billion to the U.S. and Canadian governments, paying off the last of its $6.7 billion in loans, the company said Wednesday.

They'd like ya to believe that
:eusa_liar:

General Motors has made a final payment of $5.8 billion to the U.S. and Canadian governments, paying off the last of its $6.7 billion in loans, the company said Wednesday.

You're a good liberal, you believe what they tell you to believe without question. :cuckoo:

Well gee if all you do is parrot what they say you never learn. Here are a couple of facts for you to cogitate on....

Grassley Questions GM Repayment

Email20Smaller FontTextLarger Text|Print

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe, Jonathan Karl and Z. Byron Wolf report:

On Wednesday, the Treasury Department heralded General Motors’ repayment of a total of $6.7 billion in debt owed to the government. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner called it a “positive sign for our auto investment.” President Obama’s top economic adviser, Larry Summers, wrote that it was “a bright spot on the road to recovery.” The automaker’s CEO Ed Whitacre touted the repayments at a GM plant in Kansas City and in a write-up in the Wall Street Journal, then flew to Washington to share the spotlight with leaders in Congress and the Obama administration.

But on Thursday, a Republican lawmaker put a damper on all the celebrations, warning that GM’s repayment of money from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was “not what it seems.” In a letter to Geithner, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, the ranking Republican on the Finance Committee, said GM’s repayment was “nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle.”

The automaker, Grassley said, had used bailout funds from an escrow account at Treasury to make the payments.

“It looks like GM merely used one source of TARP funds to repay another,” Grassley said. “The taxpayers are still on the hook.”
That argument, Grassley said, was backed up by government watchdog Neil Barofsky.

In a report issued earlier this week, Barofsky, the special inspector general for the TARP, said, “GM has made several payments on its outstanding loan to Treasury and expects to pay it in full by June 30, 2010. The source of funds for these quarterly payments will be other TARP funds currently held in an escrow account.”

The Treasury Department responded by saying that “the cash in the restricted account was the property of GM.”

“That cash has the same property status as the company's other cash – the only difference was our right to approve of its use for a limited period of time following the bankruptcy,” a department spokesperson said in an e-mail to ABC News. “This account was expected to be used for extraordinary expenses, and the fact that GM has decided that it does not need to reserve these funds for expenses is a positive sign for our overall investment.”

After Wednesday’s repayment, Treasury stated, the government’s remaining stake in GM consists of $2.1 billion in preferred stock and a 60.8 percent stake in the automaker.

Grassley Questions GM Repayment - ABC News

Well gee if all you do is parrot what they say you never learn. Here are a couple of facts for you to cogitate on....

On Wednesday, the Treasury Department heralded General Motors’ repayment of a total of $6.7 billion in debt owed to the government. Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner called it a “positive sign for our auto investment.” President Obama’s top economic adviser, Larry Summers, wrote that it was “a bright spot on the road to recovery.” The automaker’s CEO Ed Whitacre touted the repayments at a GM plant in Kansas City and in a write-up in the Wall Street Journal, then flew to Washington to share the spotlight with leaders in Congress and the Obama administration.

But on Thursday, a Republican lawmaker put a damper on all the celebrations, warning that GM’s repayment of money from the $700 billion Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) was “not what it seems.” In a letter to Geithner, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, the ranking Republican on the Finance Committee, said GM’s repayment was “nothing more than an elaborate TARP money shuffle.”

The automaker, Grassley said, had used bailout funds from an escrow account at Treasury to make the payments.

“It looks like GM merely used one source of TARP funds to repay another,” Grassley said. “The taxpayers are still on the hook.”
That argument, Grassley said, was backed up by government watchdog Neil Barofsky.

In a report issued earlier this week, Barofsky, the special inspector general for the TARP, said, “GM has made several payments on its outstanding loan to Treasury and expects to pay it in full by June 30, 2010. The source of funds for these quarterly payments will be other TARP funds currently held in an escrow account.”

The Treasury Department responded by saying that “the cash in the restricted account was the property of GM.”

“That cash has the same property status as the company's other cash – the only difference was our right to approve of its use for a limited period of time following the bankruptcy,” a department spokesperson said in an e-mail to ABC News. “This account was expected to be used for extraordinary expenses, and the fact that GM has decided that it does not need to reserve these funds for expenses is a positive sign for our overall investment.”

After Wednesday’s repayment, Treasury stated, the government’s remaining stake in GM consists of $2.1 billion in preferred stock and a 60.8 percent stake in the automaker.

You're a good Republican, you believe what they tell you to believe without question.

You're a good Republican, you believe what they tell you to believe without question.

I hate to tell you but I'm a Democrat and have been my whole life. I just despise bullshit propaganda from both sides of the aisle, clearly you suck it up with a straw.

I hate to tell you but I'm a Democrat and have been my whole life. I just despise bullshit propaganda from both sides of the aisle, clearly you suck it up with a straw.

No, I m just a Chevy Man.

Before you decide check out the toyota. I wouldn't own anything but a Toyota.

Forum List

Back