Best Example Of Your Favourite Sport

idb

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2010
Everyone has their favourite sport and everyone has sports they just can't understand the appeal of.
Post the very best example of your favourite sport to try to convince the rest of us how good it can be.

A full five day cricket test might be a bit difficult to post but...if that's your thing...

I'll kick off with a rugby test (no surprise there) from 2000 between Australia and New Zealand which is generally acknowledged as one of the best tests ever played.

Not a sport I've participated in (wingsuit flying) but Dean Potter was an interesting athlete and artist;

Basketball has the best athletes.

Drive and determination

One man wrecking crew

Showman

Is there a whole game on Youtube that I can watch that you can say is as good as it gets?

Drive and determination

One man wrecking crew

Showman

Is there a whole game on Youtube that I can watch that you can say is as good as it gets?

There are thousands of games you could say that about on you tube. Especially in the playoffs

Give me one and I'll watch it tonight.
I know bugger all about basketball.

Watch MJ's Flu game. Thats when i realized he wasnt human. if you dont know much about basketball its hard for you to pick up on the mental part of the game.

Ice Hockey has the best athletes.. basketball, eh .. overpaid and wimpy in comparison..

Drive and determination

One man wrecking crew

Showman

There are thousands of games you could say that about on you tube. Especially in the playoffs

Watch MJ's Flu game. Thats when i realized he wasnt human. if you dont know much about basketball its hard for you to pick up on the mental part of the game.

Soccer. Easily the best sport in the world.

The example I like to give is the sportsmanship involved. Lets say that the Blue Team has the ball and makes a pass. The red team player and blue team player both go for the passed ball and the player on the red team injures herself trying to intercept the ball with a slide or catches a cleat to the body as she goes for it. The blue team player see the red team player on the ground in agony. When that happens, 99% of the time she will immediately kick the ball out of bounds to allow physio to come onto the pitch and work on their injured player. Often both team's physio staffs respond.

Once play resumes, teh red team has ball. 100% of the time, the red team kicks the ball to a blue team player so they can continue on offense.

No other sport has that code.

Drive and determination

One man wrecking crew

Showman

Thats a good one too. Spurs play almost flawless team basketball. Warriors have changed the game and made it more exciting while still playing defense.

Everyone has their favourite sport and everyone has sports they just can't understand the appeal of.
Post the very best example of your favourite sport to try to convince the rest of us how good it can be.

A full five day cricket test might be a bit difficult to post but...if that's your thing...

I'll kick off with a rugby test (no surprise there) from 2000 between Australia and New Zealand which is generally acknowledged as one of the best tests ever played.

I've enjoyed some games of that, but it's hard to see whats going on, so it's hard to get into the subtle things.

like the line up with all the pushing.

Aussie football is pretty cool

I've enjoyed some games of that, but it's hard to see whats going on, so it's hard to get into the subtle things.

like the line up with all the pushing.

Aussie football is pretty cool

Yeah. Rugby doesnt really interest me because i dont understand whats going on. It looks like some weird football game where they all tell secrets.

Darts.

I love that game and can dominate a region and or carry a team.

Tried all the basics; baseball, football, basket, volley, hockey, soccer,,,,,,

I stunk at all of them for 2 reasons; asthma slowed me down and as I found out as an adult, I have no depth perception, none. Which explained why I could never hit, catch, throw, etc properly.

But the dart board is right there. So happy that all I had to do was practice.

Soccer. Easily the best sport in the world.

The example I like to give is the sportsmanship involved. Lets say that the Blue Team has the ball and makes a pass. The red team player and blue team player both go for the passed ball and the player on the red team injures herself trying to intercept the ball with a slide or catches a cleat to the body as she goes for it. The blue team player see the red team player on the ground in agony. When that happens, 99% of the time she will immediately kick the ball out of bounds to allow physio to come onto the pitch and work on their injured player. Often both team's physio staffs respond.

Once play resumes, teh red team has ball. 100% of the time, the red team kicks the ball to a blue team player so they can continue on offense.

No other sport has that code.
never saw that happen, not once.

but I did see a woman kick another in the head and get mad that she got called for a foul.

and the head to the chest cheep shot, friggin epic

Drive and determination

One man wrecking crew

Showman

Then why were they all at the Olympic swimming pool acting like fanbois over the Greatest player of all times?

Game recognize game if you are talking about someone being the best at his sport. I dont think he is a player. He just swims. Not much going on there mentally in comparison with some other sports. Thats like saying a marathoner is a player.

Forum List

Back