Bernie Sanders furious as too many small businesses still in operation'

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
bernie-sanders-once-again-asking-you-to-ignore-20th-century-body-count-ideology.jpg

SOS indeed, it's the same old shit from the right on min. wage increases yet we have lived through seventy years of them.
Right, and we endured 30% teenage unemployment. It was even worse for black teenagers. That's who you are screwing.
Teens need to do their most important job and that is getting an education, after school is over they will have forty-fifty years to enjoy the pleasure of working for a living.

SOS indeed, it's the same old shit from the right on min. wage increases yet we have lived through seventy years of them.
Right, and we endured 30% teenage unemployment. It was even worse for black teenagers. That's who you are screwing.
Teens need to do their most important job and that is getting an education, after school is over they will have forty-fifty years to enjoy the pleasure of working for a living.
That's the way Dims demonstrate their concern for the working class.

Yeah a hamburger used to cost 25 cents, and if you read the link the idiot is playing a game saying they will be off of welfare.

The welfare threshold would have to be raised because they are still making minimum wage.

I had to work 60 hours a week to put myself through college. I didn't have the luxury of not working like you silver spooners.

By getting an education?

I had to work 60 hours a week to put myself through college. I didn't have the luxury of not working like you silver spooners.
I had to work also during college, high school and junior high because my family was poor. Yet, teens are more likely to be in high school down to jr high or middle school, not college. They need to focus on school the most more than working. I made sure my kids never had to stop their school work due to conditions at home.

Last edited:
The increase proposed is reasonable. It is to be phased in, so it will not reach $15 until 2025, after Covid is gone. It will help a huge section of low paid workers and their families. Workers living partly on tips now have a $2.13 minimum wage and this will also be increased gradually. The big cheap-labor-employing companies like Walmart and McDonalds can easily afford this, but they will not necessarily find it easy to raise prices. Many other companies will also gradually raise wages just to keep their employees (who are now paid at or above a $15 minimum) and to maintain an appropriate “ladder” of wages. There will be some negative features for small businesses and some minimum job losses, as from automation — which is increasing in any case. Everything I’ve studied tells me this sort of increase is overall worthwhile and overdue, though of course not a panacea.

Finally, this is now a popular idea ... even in red states. Working-class populism is likely to help carry this through Congress, or at least make something like it possible. Other more direct government economic assistance to poor and working people is also now called for.

Last edited:
It FEELS good to support a higher minimum wage. The question is: Does it DO good? And the answer is NO
After delivering mail for 30 years I retired. To supplement my pension, I worked part-time at my local McDonald's. In 2007 I was working about 12 hours/week. Every time the minimum wage went up, my hours went down. In 2016, my hours were a whopping 3 hours/week. Not worth the effort.!

By getting an education?
You obviously didn't take your own advice.

I had to work also during college, high school and junior high because my family was poor. Yet, teens are more likely to be in high school down to jr high or middle school, not college. They need to focus on school the most more than working. I made sure my kids never had to stop their school work due to conditions at home.
That's a great solution for families that need money. What a fucking douchebag.

The increase proposed is reasonable. It is to be phased in, so it will not reach $15 until 2025, after Covid is gone. It will help a huge section of low paid workers and their families. Workers living partly on tips now have a $2.13 minimum wage and this will also be increased gradually. The big cheap-labor-employing companies like Walmart and McDonalds can easily afford this, but they will not necessarily find it easy to raise prices. Many other companies will also gradually raise wages just to keep their employees (who are now paid at or above a $15 minimum) and to maintain an appropriate “ladder” of wages. There will be some negative features for small businesses and some minimum job losses, as from automation — which is increasing in any case. Everything I’ve studied tells me this sort of increase is overall worthwhile and overdue, though of course not a panacea.

Finally, this is now a popular idea ... even in red states. Working-class populism is likely to help carry this through Congress, or at least make something like it possible. Other more direct government economic assistance to poor and working people is also now called for.

100% of Walmart stores are corporate owned

80% of mcdonald's is mom and pop stores/small business/ low profit margins

So you're wrong

Forum List

Back