Bernie Sanders Commander Brain Dead

JoeTheEconomist

VIP Member
Sep 4, 2015
It isn't just Sanders, but government as a whole is virtually incompetent. Sanders is just the parody player.

Sanders claims that he wants to help the low-income seniors by expanding Social Security. First, you find out that his understanding of low-income is flawed, but now we are finding out that his plan actually would tend to benefit wealthier seniors.

I am not convinced of the numbers but the 3rd Way logic is right. CPI-e would tend to help people will large benefits rather than small ones.

How the Sanders Social Security Plan is Not Progressive

The rebuttals are on the net, and they tend to confirm the results. The critics bring-up irrelevant issues, and ignore the basic claim: these benefit increases will help wealthier retirees more than poor ones.

Interesting how we are hearing about Sanders all of a sudden... Could it be he is kicking Ass ?

In my case, I find his piety annoying.

You will be happy to know that I recently put out an article, and received about 500 comments. Pro-sanders comments were easily the most visible and passionate. Hillary had zero comments. She wasn't even mentioned.

10, 20 years ago you would have shit on a sidewalk if someone told you that Bernie Sanders was a legitimate contender for the Democratic nomination.

It isn't just Sanders, but government as a whole is virtually incompetent. Sanders is just the parody player.

Sanders claims that he wants to help the low-income seniors by expanding Social Security. First, you find out that his understanding of low-income is flawed, but now we are finding out that his plan actually would tend to benefit wealthier seniors.

I am not convinced of the numbers but the 3rd Way logic is right. CPI-e would tend to help people will large benefits rather than small ones.

The rebuttals are on the net, and they tend to confirm the results. The critics bring-up irrelevant issues, and ignore the basic claim: these benefit increases will help wealthier retirees more than poor ones.

Sanders is nothing more than the product of living on the government dole for 90% of his life.

Interesting how we are hearing about Sanders all of a sudden... Could it be he is kicking Ass ?

Reminds me of the left loons sudden attacks on Cruz instead of Trump...no?

No no, people are angry with his ground campaign, he is showing who he is and how he can manipulate the system.. I knew the guy was an ass from the beginning.....

no one is attacking cruz. well except maybe the Donald.

if you want to run for office, you have to take the heat. I notice Obama derangement never troubled you. :cuckoo:

rightwingnut hatred of having to account for your failed positions is amusing.

This "rebuttal" is the inverse of the exact same argument made by anti-tax cut people who claim the rich benefit more, and it equally relies on the innumeracy of the rubes.

A high-income person contributes more to the SS fund than a low income person, and so they receive more from SS than a low income person.

Let's say a high-income person contributed $1 million, and a low income person contributed $10,000, and their payouts received came to $900,000 and $9,000 respectively.

If we increased their payouts by 10 percent, the rich person would receive an extra $90,000 and the poor person would receive an extra $900. Thus the rich person received 100 times more than the poor person in new benefits.

Does that make it unfair? Nope. It's simple math.

The OP link says, "Wealthy seniors get $5 in new benefits for every dollar poor seniors get."

Yes. And?

And bernies legislative successes are? So he has carried the flag for a bunch of left wing Vermont hippies for 50 years. Whip te do. Now he wants working people to pay for,the farce,that is a college education. When you look at how the federal govt and colleges are in bed together stealing more and more money from,the American taxpayer, you realize that big oil companies don't even show up on the radar.

The problem is we have so many people who have not gotten an education even going to college, that we have idiots glaming onto such craziness.just in obamas term we went from supporting traditional marriage to,the train running off the tracks. So many have zero or a superficial knowledge of economics that this populist red meat just,keeps getting eaten up. And we have already run out of other people's money.

if you want to run for office, you have to take the heat. I notice Obama derangement never troubled you. :cuckoo:

Read the threads....then shut your pie hole

And bernies legislative successes are? So he has carried the flag for a bunch of left wing Vermont hippies for 50 years. Whip te do. Now he wants working people to pay for,the farce,that is a college education. When you look at how the federal govt and colleges are in bed together stealing more and more money from,the American taxpayer, you realize that big oil companies don't even show up on the radar.

The problem is we have so many people who have not gotten an education even going to college, that we have idiots glaming onto such craziness.just in obamas term we went from supporting traditional marriage to,the train running off the tracks. So many have zero or a superficial knowledge of economics that this populist red meat just,keeps getting eaten up. And we have already run out of other people's money.

that isn't the problem.

the problem is that we charge banks 1% interest on their loans and bang college students out for 9% to make up for it.

i'm sorry it offends you that educated people don't generally hyperventilate because their gay friends want to get married. that's what happens when you're exposed to all kinds of people.

Read the threads....then shut your pie hole

sorry little nutcase.... get over it.

or you can stop posting if you're too thin-skinned to be called on your trash. *shrug*

This "rebuttal" is the inverse of the exact same argument made by anti-tax cut people who claim the rich benefit more, and it equally relies on the innumeracy of the rubes.

A high-income person contributes more to the SS fund than a low income person, and so they receive more from SS than a low income person.

Let's say a high-income person contributed $1 million, and a low income person contributed $10,000, and their payouts received came to $900,000 and $9,000 respectively.

If we increased their payouts by 10 percent, the rich person would receive an extra $90,000 and the poor person would receive an extra $900. Thus the rich person received 100 times more than the poor person in new benefits.

Does that make it unfair? Nope. It's simple math.

The OP link says, "Wealthy seniors get $5 in new benefits for every dollar poor seniors get."

Yes. And?

You are missing the point. The study looks at incremental benefit, and where the revenue goes. Sanders says that it is needed because there are too many poor seniors. His solution is to give $5 of incremental revenue to high income seniors for every $1 of incremental benefit going to the lower income retirees.

None of these people will pay a penny more to get the incremental benefit. The eliminate the cap is not a relevant point. The existing retiree base isn't working to pay these incremental taxes.

Forum List

Back