Bernard Kerik is a confused man

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Now, I thought I'd start this thread because I have absolutely no interest in this man's case, which makes me a neutral party.

Bernard Kerik, former NYC top cop, and nominee for the Bush administration to head Homeland security, went to jail today after being under house arrest for quite a while.

Mr Kerik posted a statement online that had the following line in it:

"I have repeatedly expressed remorse for what I may have done.

Does anyone else find anything odd about that sentence?

How can you "repeatedly express remorse" about something that you "may have done"?

Either you definitely did it, and expressed remorse, or you think you only "may" have done it, and therefore are not expressing remorse.

By phrasing it in the way he did he removed himself from whatever negative outcomes indirectly resulted from his actions while implying that he is not entirely convinced of his own guilt in the first place.

He way be entirely sincere, ya know.

• Banned
By phrasing it in the way he did he removed himself from whatever negative outcomes indirectly resulted from his actions while implying that he is not entirely convinced of his own guilt in the first place.

He way be entirely sincere, ya know.

In order to honestly express remorse about your actions, you must first admit that you are guilty of said actions.

If you continue to imply that you may be innocent of committing said actions, you are NOT expressing remorse.

• Banned
In other words:

I may have done it... And if I did, I'm probably sorry about it...

Last edited:
  • Banned
But again, I don't really care much about the case itself, don't know much about the particulars. It's just the comment itself that really bothers me.

Now, I thought I'd start this thread because I have absolutely no interest in this man's case, which makes me a neutral party.

Bernard Kerik, former NYC top cop, and nominee for the Bush administration to head Homeland security, went to jail today after being under house arrest for quite a while.

Mr Kerik posted a statement online that had the following line in it:

"I have repeatedly expressed remorse for what I may have done.

Does anyone else find anything odd about that sentence?

How can you "repeatedly express remorse" about something that you "may have done"?

Either you definitely did it, and expressed remorse, or you think you only "may" have done it, and therefore are not expressing remorse.

Have you ever heard Bernard Kerik talk?

He ain't all that smart.

Forum List

Back