Ben Stein On 'Fox & Friends': 'Taxes Are Too Low'

Heard him this morning , thought the host were gonna fall of the couch . To low have to raise taxes . Romney is tax cutting? He even said sorry to the host lol.

He glossed over the ridiculous overspending issue in DC. Why would I want to send more money to a group of spending whores? Raising taxes would only work if the money was spent wisely and with efficiency. Anyone seeing that happen in DC of late?

He glossed over the ridiculous overspending issue in DC. Why would I want to send more money to a group of spending whores? Raising taxes would only work if the money was spent wisely and with efficiency. Anyone seeing that happen in DC of late?

Well there have been reports of drunk secret service agents and prostitutes, so some of the money is being spent on whiskey and whores. I think it's safe to assume the rest is wasted....

You can raise taxes all you want if you continue to spend more than you bring in it changes nothing it's like trying to drive in park you will waste your gas and get nowhere.

hes saying because of the spending at some point you are going to have to do it and hes right. HES NOT agreeing with the left on raising taxes for the sake of raising taxes. jesus people.

No one is denying this.

After the economy has recovered, taxes will go up...AFTER spending is cut.

Not one dime in new taxes until Washington balances the budget with current revenue...

Then, if we need to raise taxes TO PAY DOWN THE NATIONAL DEBT...and for that exclusive purpose ONLY...we will talk about raising taxes.

No one is denying this.

Not one dime in new taxes until Washington balances the budget with current revenue...

Then, if we need to raise taxes TO PAY DOWN THE NATIONAL DEBT...and for that exclusive purpose ONLY...we will talk about raising taxes.

The problem is simple; you are blind. First off, the idea will never be to pay down the debt. We have never tried, and the reason is simple; it's a stupid idea. By growing the economy, we can outgrow the debt if we get the budget in order, meaning that at worst, we run a small deficit every year. As Ben Stein said, and as many other have been saying, it's not just a spending problem. Revenues are down 20% from their average norm over the past 50 years as a percentage of GDP. This is a problem caused by rates being too low.

As has been proven, there is no relationship with lower taxes and increased growth. If there was, we would have an economy that was bursting at the seams due to the incredibly low tax rates that we already have. Republicans need to get back to the idea of real fiscal responsibility rather than telling us we need to cut tax rates forever in order to spur economic growth.

Now I just happen to agree with that. The little that the Bush tax cuts gave me would not hurt me to pay. However, if I am going to pay, the people with incomes 10 or more time mine damned well better be paying at least the percentage that I am. When one of you Republicans support that, I will support spending cuts. Not until.

No one is denying this.

The problem is simple; you are blind. First off, the idea will never be to pay down the debt. We have never tried, and the reason is simple; it's a stupid idea. By growing the economy, we can outgrow the debt if we get the budget in order, meaning that at worst, we run a small deficit every year. As Ben Stein said, and as many other have been saying, it's not just a spending problem. Revenues are down 20% from their average norm over the past 50 years as a percentage of GDP. This is a problem caused by rates being too low.

As has been proven, there is no relationship with lower taxes and increased growth. If there was, we would have an economy that was bursting at the seams due to the incredibly low tax rates that we already have. Republicans need to get back to the idea of real fiscal responsibility rather than telling us we need to cut tax rates forever in order to spur economic growth.

Fiscal responsibility is not in the vocabulary of the present GOP. Decrease government income by 5 trillion. Increase military spending by two trillion unneeded dollars, and balance the budget how?

Forum List

Back