Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Faces Boycott After Endorsing Black Lives Matter

Boycotting Ben and Jerry's is just as stupid, arrogant, and pointless as it is to boycott Chick-Fil-A.

IDK...it sure shook Target to it's foundation

Link? I'm not sure what you're talking about tbh?

When Target decided to make their now ill fated decision to allow men/transgenders into women's restrooms they were boycotted and their losses were literally in the millions. Not to mention their stock price tanked further adding to their woes

The Target boycott is costing more than anyone expected

Your article cites a 1% drop in Target's stock as evidence. However Target's stock was already falling for years (literally) before the boycott. There's no clear evidence that this is why. For example it could very well be from Amazon's growing share in retail.

Wrong, don't try to snow me, I invest and follow the markets closely. Their stock dropped from around 83 and change to around 67 due to the descion and boycott. Don't try it was a retail slump either, Walmart's sales and stock price increased during the same time period.

Target felt the wrath of the consumer

SHUT THEM DOWN!!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!! SHUT THEM DOWN!!!

Big Hollywood ^ | 7 Oct 2016 | Jerome Hudson

Socially conscious ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s faces calls for a boycott after the company announced its support for the Black Lives Matter protest movement this week. “Systemic and institutionalized racism are the defining civil rights issues of our time,” the Vermont-based company said in a statement. “We’ve come to understand that to be silent about the violence and threats to the lives and well-being of black people is to be complicit in that violence and those threats.”

Sending a pointed message to its detractors, Ben and Jerry’s said: “All lives do matter. But all lives will not matter until black lives matter.”

The company posted its support for Black Lives Matter on Facebook and Twitter.

The company added that it does not place blame for racism against the black community on individual police officers.

Rather, we believe it is due to the systemic racism built into the fabric of our institutions at every level, disadvantaging and discriminating against people of color in ways that go beyond individual intent to discriminate. For this reason, we are not pointing fingers at individuals; we are instead urging us to come together to better our society and institutions so that we may finally fulfill the founding promise of this country: to be a country with dignity and justice for all.

In May, the company announced that proceeds from its new flavor of ice cream, “Empower Mint,” would help benefit the North Carolina NAACP’s campaign to repeal the state’s voter ID law.

The company has previously released ice cream flavors in support of same-sex marriage equality and climate change. Company co-founders Jerry Greenfield and Ben Cohen have also come out in support of the Iran nuclear deal.

But after backing Black Lives Matter, the online backlash against the ice cream-making duo is mounting.

View attachment 92567
I've been boycotting that company for a decade. Of course it's in my house anyway because my wife likes it and buys it......with money I earn.

If you have principles, never marry a Democrat.

Socially conscious ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s faces calls for a boycott after the company announced its support for the Black Lives Matter protest movement this week. “Systemic and institutionalized racism are the defining civil rights issues of our time,” the Vermont-based company said in a statement. “We’ve come to understand that to be silent about the violence and threats to the lives and well-being of black people is to be complicit in that violence and those threats.”

Sending a pointed message to its detractors, Ben and Jerry’s said: “All lives do matter. But all lives will not matter until black lives matter.”

The company added that it does not place blame for racism against the black community on individual police officers.

Rather, we believe it is due to the systemic racism built into the fabric of our institutions at every level, disadvantaging and discriminating against people of color in ways that go beyond individual intent to discriminate. For this reason, we are not pointing fingers at individuals; we are instead urging us to come together to better our society and institutions so that we may finally fulfill the founding promise of this country: to be a country with dignity and justice for all.

In May, the company announced that proceeds from its new flavor of ice cream, “Empower Mint,” would help benefit the North Carolina NAACP’s campaign to repeal the state’s voter ID law.

The company has previously released ice cream flavors in support of same-sex marriage equality and climate change. Company co-founders Jerry Greenfield and Ben Cohen have also come out in support of the Iran nuclear deal.

But after backing Black Lives Matter, the online backlash against the ice cream-making duo is mounting.

View attachment 92567
I've been boycotting that company for a decade. Of course it's in my house anyway because my wife likes it and buys it......with money I earn.

Are you saying you are unprincipled, then? :p (I'm assuming your wife is a Dem from your post)

View attachment 92567

Are you saying you are unprincipled, then? :p (I'm assuming your wife is a Dem from your post)
I'm saying I'm married.

Boycotting Ben and Jerry's is just as stupid, arrogant, and pointless as it is to boycott Chick-Fil-A.

When Target decided to make their now ill fated decision to allow men/transgenders into women's restrooms they were boycotted and their losses were literally in the millions. Not to mention their stock price tanked further adding to their woes

The Target boycott is costing more than anyone expected

Your article cites a 1% drop in Target's stock as evidence. However Target's stock was already falling for years (literally) before the boycott. There's no clear evidence that this is why. For example it could very well be from Amazon's growing share in retail.

Wrong, don't try to snow me, I invest and follow the markets closely. Their stock dropped from around 83 and change to around 67 due to the descion and boycott. Don't try it was a retail slump either, Walmart's sales and stock price increased during the same time period.

Target felt the wrath of the consumer

Let's break this down according to YOUR source:

-Target's stock began dropping in April of 2016 due to a boycott...You stated that Walmart's went up...Walmart's stock actually DROPPED mid-late April nearly until the end of May

-Your article states "Critics said the policy opened the door for sexual predators to victimize women and children inside the retailer's bathrooms,"...to this my response is the same response I have to the pro gun control crowd...criminals by definition break the law

-The article also states that "Now shopper traffic is declining for the first time in years"...however from July 2015 until February 2016 Target's stock was steadily dropping

-If by "feeling the wrath of the consumer"-you mean that the drop went back to where it was just 3 months previously...then yes I guess they felt the wrath of the "consumer"

-The saddest part of your post is that it's clear you don't even know what the difference between a customer and a consumer is...because of this I cannot take any post of yours on economics seriously at all. This is 101 material. If you want to have a casual conversation fine, I wouldn't call you out on it because the words are basically interchangeable in everyday language...however if you're going to parade around as if you're an economic genius (or at least be a know it all)-I'm going to call you out on it.

Target is closing stores by the dozens. Don't they announce things like that on DWTS?

So is Walmart...what's your point?
Target is gonna close soon.

Let me know when they do. Feel free to favorite this page so you don't lose it and/or forget about it.

More chunky monkey and mint chocolate chip for the rest of us. I hope Ben and Jerry's will have a sale as well.

You have to be foolish to boycott delicious ice cream.

Conservatives were also mad when they came out with "chubby hubby" that endorsed gay marriage.

I wouldn't boycott ice cream if I caught Ben and Jerry tag teaming my grandmother.
She would probably like that.

Been personally boycotting those two lefty pukes for years anyway. Plus we have two locals that are as good or better and less expensive.

Oh, and on a similar note our first Chick-fil-A opens here in a matter of weeks and they announced last week a second location has been approved on another side of town and plans are for 25 more here in SW Michigan. Bon Appètít neighbors!

Forum List

Back