CDZ Ben Affleck's family owned slaves, should we destroy copies of his movies?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Ben Affleck once tried to squash reports that his family once owned slaves.....

So....since his family owned slaves, should all of his movies be destroyed....Including Justice League?

So....since his family owned slaves, should all of his movies be destroyed....Including Justice League?
What logic are you using here ? I dont see the link.

Fine with me, go ahead.

I don't think you need to walk this walk of desperation.

Just answer honestly, was the confederacy based on slavery? now ask their vice president before you give the answer you wish was true.

The confederacy being based on slavery does not mean the pro states rights folks are evil. they are different issues.

Lets just keep our monuments, put up bigger anti confederate monuments next to them and teach some history.

Yes, to all of it.

Just answer honestly, was the confederacy based on slavery? now ask their vice president before you give the answer you wish was true.

That is a complex question that one man can not be taken as the answer for. Why not the response of Sam Houston who accepted slavery but opposed leaving the Union? As a pro-slavery person, how could he have opposed secession?

The secession was based on far more than just slavery, though a lot of simpletons could only see slavery as the primary motivating issue.

If slavery was the only issue, then why did some slave states leave immediately after Lincolns election, but others left only months later when Lincoln called on those states to raise militia to invade their neighboring states?

Why did a handful of states remain in the Union?

Why did US Grant have two personal slaves through out the war?

Why did Lincoln and other Republican leaders offer the South a Constitutional Emendment protecting slavery if the Civil War was about nothing but slavery?

Why did Lincoln wait so long to issue the Emancipation Proclamation if the whole war was about slavery and only slavery?

Your simplistic jingoism is obviously erroneous, but I am sure you really dont give a fig. It is all about rabble rousing to you and we both know it.

The confederacy being based on slavery does not mean the pro states rights folks are evil. they are different issues.

Only an idiot can think that a government can be entirely based on an antiquated economic system, roflmao.

Lets just keep our monuments, put up bigger anti confederate monuments next to them and teach some history.

I have no problem with your solution...but I am not the one destroying these monuments.....

I have no problem with your solution...but I am not the one destroying these monuments.....
We rather agree then.

On a semi related note, I think Pro Sports teams named after Native Americans should HAVE TO keep the names. They should pay royalties to their name sakes and have to hold Native American days, maybe even have historic displays during Cowboys vs Redskins games.
Time to stop being thin skinned and take advantage ofbthe PR opportunity before folks forget Native Americans ever existed.

Forum List

Back