Bell Canada to use Huawei for 5G...Canada is in trouble

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Bell Canada will allow the risk of China spying on Canadians in order to save a few bucks?

America has been putting pressure on Canada and the UK in particular to NOT allow Huawei to provide this, due to the security risk. Canada is a really slow learner. Take heed America, I'm only the Messenger.

Huawei Gear ‘Top Notch,’ Says New CEO of Canadian Telco BCE

The new head of Canada’s biggest telecommunications firm said Huawei Technologies Co.’s equipment is “top notch” and he’d like the option of working with the Chinese company as it rolls out a next-generation 5G network.

“They’ve been a great partner,” Mirko Bibic, who took over as chief executive officer of Montreal-based BCE Inc. Monday, said in an interview on BNN Bloomberg TV.

Bibic’s comments come as the Canadian government faces a decision over whether to allow Huawei to play a bigger role in developing the 5G broadband network amid security concerns and as tensions between Canada and China remain stretched over the arrest of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou.

The detention of Meng Wanzhou has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would. I figured that they were going to "pass the buck" and hand her over to the USA by now. Do you have any insight into what's going on?

The detention of Meng Wanzhou has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would. I figured that they were going to "pass the buck" and hand her over to the USA by now. Do you have any insight into what's going on?

No. I was proud of Canada taking this position, it took courage and I am happy we did the right thing. I wasn't sure we would and China is holding at least two Canadians in retaliation.

From what I glean imagine she will get a fair trial in her efforts to avoid extradition to the U.S. It's possible, with the hiring of a very good lawyer by all accounts that she chose, that she wins and is allowed to go back to China. I don't know how this plays out with the U.S, but the signals I read is that this is a possibility.

Otherwise, if it is judged that she has not had her rights violated (you can be sure the average citizen in Canada would LOSE this case every time, so it would be telling if she wins), she will be extradited to the U.S.

Forum List

Back