Being the Ricardos

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Being the Ricardos, Amazon Prime
Nicole Kidman did a great job of looking like, acting like and sounding like Lucille O'Ball; although sometimes she sounded more like Joan Rivers.
The Movie dives way too deep into the 1950s red scare witch hunt stuff.....trite, boring
I thought it would have more about the I Love Lucy TV show.
It was disappointing, but it did make me want to watch some I Love Lucy reruns.

lucyjhakhdjkahdakdha.jpg

Kidman looks nothing like, sounds nothing like Lucille Ball.

She needs to stop accepting these character roles which she is SO VERY WRONG for!

She's making herself look like a fool, and she's pissing on the legacy of the characters/people she so BADLY attempts to imitate.

Being the Ricardos, Amazon Prime
Nicole Kidman did a great job of looking like, acting like and sounding like Lucille O'Ball; although sometimes she sounded more like Joan Rivers.
The Movie dives way too deep into the 1950s red scare witch hunt stuff.....trite, boring
I thought it would have more about the I Love Lucy TV show.
It was disappointing, but it did make me want to watch some I Love Lucy reruns.

View attachment 579213
Lucille Ball's slapstick and the zaniness is strictly acting. In real life she was quite serious, quiet, and rarely joked. She was also one of the top business women in California. She bought the failing RKO Pictures and turned it into Desilu Productions which made a lot of money.

One of Lucille Ball's hidden talents was picking hit shows. Like many iconic series of the 60's and 70's, Star Trek would have never made it to the screen without Lucille Ball. After being scouted by Desilu, series creator Gene Roddenberry managed to score a pilot order from NBC, though the board of directors at Desilu were not fans. Fortunately for Roddenberry, Ball overruled them and saw to it that the expensive pilot was made. Still, NBC rejected the pilot. Unwilling to see Star Trek relegated to the cutting room floor, Ball had a second pilot made, partially financed with her own money. This time, NBC picked it up and the rest is history.

Read More: The Untold Truth Of Lucille Ball

Haven't see the movie but I will over the holidays.

Last edited:
I watched the beginning of it. If I closed my eyes, Nicole came pretty close to sounding Lucille Ball, but when I watched her onscreen, she just looked so wrong for the part that it kind of ruined the affect. I think I read so much hype that my expectations were too high:(

Unpopular opinion, I never liked I Love Lucy but I loved The Lucy Show and also the later one she did with her real life kids.

I watched the beginning of it. If I closed my eyes, Nicole came pretty close to sounding Lucille Ball, but when I watched her onscreen, she just looked so wrong for the part that it kind of ruined the affect. I think I read so much hype that my expectations were too high:(

Unpopular opinion, I never liked I Love Lucy but I loved The Lucy Show and also the later one she did with her real life kids.
A pretty good movie. Never liked I love Lucy but the movie was ok. I think the movies success is due to Aaron Sorkin who directed and wrote the Script. He knows how to create something out of nothing. The Lucy communist involvement was a minor event but Sorkin turned it into the dramatic finish of the movie. In real life one of the most noteworthy events in the I Love Lucy program was the Lucille Ball's pregnancy. Aaron Sorkin brought it up several times but failed to make it a dramatic part of the movie. In real life is was a pretty earth shattering event. No program had ever featured a pregnant woman on a television program. It was far more noteworthy than the accusation of being a communist. Showing pregnancy on TV at that time was a no no. Suppose the kids saw this? They might ask how Mommy got pregnant and come to the conclusion that Daddy fucked fucked Mommy. What a horrible thought!

Aaron Sorkin is a great writer and has written and/or directed some really good stuff. His better films include, The American President, Enemy of the State, Charlie Wilson's War, Moneyball, and the Trial of the Chicago 7. Television credits include
Sports Night, The West Wing, and The Newsroom. Plays include A Few Good Men, Making Movies, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back