Being "Poor" in America

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
There are poor people in every society, and with the always high prices of everything in this country always outpacing any measurable wage increases for those on the margins, there are more and more poor in America every year. But the "poor" in America are not like the poor in America of times past, when many had to rely on neighbors and churches for food. The government gave away food as well, but many simply did without the basics, and wore clothes that were rags.

People are not as poor today in this country as they once were. That is a good thing.

There are poor people in every society, and with the always high prices of everything in this country always outpacing any measurable wage increases for those on the margins, there are more and more poor in America every year. But the "poor" in America are not like the poor in America of times past, when many had to rely on neighbors and churches for food. The government gave away food as well, but many simply did without the basics, and wore clothes that were rags.

People are not as poor today in this country as they once were. That is a good thing.

Poor people today live in air-conditioned homes, have large flat-screen TVs, have fully-paid medical care, get a generous food stamp allowance, and get rent subsidies.

I am in favor of some help to those who are working, but able-bodied adults with no jobs at all should get nothing if they refuse to work.

Fattest "poor" people I've ever seen.....They are as broad as they are tall and so are their spawn.

Ya ever see the size of the “starving” illegals pouring over the border, with the iPhones in hand?

It’s a damn shame we have to live in a country where the poor aren’t as miserable as they could or should be.

It’s a damn shame we have to live in a country where the poor aren’t as miserable as they could or should be.
It’s a damn shame we live in a country where we have to pay for granite countertops and stainless steel refrigerators because, according to the liberals, “poor people deserve just as nice things as middle class people.”

I say poor people get the basics - the cheap Formica and plain appliances. If they want nicer, let them earn it.

It’s a damn shame we live in a country where we have to pay for granite countertops and stainless steel refrigerators because, according to the liberals, “poor people deserve just as nice things as middle class people.”

I say poor people get the basics - the cheap Formica and plain appliances. If they want nicer, let them earn it.
Pettiness is like a sacrament to republicans.

Pettiness is like a sacrament to republicans.
And forcing taxpayers to pay for poor people to have upper-middle class things is a disincentive to work and improve one’s life.

But that’s the difference. Democrats thinking disincentivizing work is acceptable. The Dems have us in a race to the bottom.

And forcing taxpayers to pay for poor people to have upper-middle class things is a disincentive to work and improve one’s life.

But that’s the difference. Democrats thinking disincentivizing work is acceptable. The Dems have us in a race to the bottom.
Your kind are already at the bottom.

Proof positive that LBJs’ War on Poverty was and is a success.
Lol. You can believe that happy horseshit or get informed.

It’s been reported 60% of Americans live pay check to pay check. Also reported is the shrinking of the middle class as more fall into the working poor class. All while an enormous transfer of wealth upward has occurred since 1980.

As both politicial crime families have worked in tandem to eliminate American manufacturing and ship it off shore for the benefit of the wealthy, but at great cost to the MC and WC.

That's not happening, and never has.
Sure it is. That’s what my liberal region voted for the “working poor” units in luxury hi-rises (otherwise known as set-asides) have the same granite and marble as the market rate units. Why should someone who doesn’t earn enough for marble get it paid for by other people?

I say the poor don’t have to live in the luxury hi-rises at all. There are plenty of modest garden apartments a short bus ride away.

Sure it is. That’s what my liberal region voted for the “working poor” units in luxury hi-rises (otherwise known as set-asides) have the same granite and marble as the market rate units. Why should someone who doesn’t earn enough for marble get it paid for by other people?

I say the poor don’t have to live in the luxury hi-rises at all. There are plenty of modest garden apartments a short bus ride away.
Yea, I don't agree with that either, but that's an outlier. Either way, it is misguided yet it is something some liberals think is "fair", even though those responsible won't live near them.

I guess these extreme examples can happen, albeit very rarely. It is not widespread, nor should it be.

1665067816304.png

There were 50 poor people sent to Martha's Vineyard for a better life and the ultra rich progressive liberals living there in their magnanimous generosity gave them the boot.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

Today's Dems think that physical work is distasteful and best left to Latino immigrants (who, by the way, will happily do it).

Lol. You can believe that happy horseshit or get informed.

It’s been reported 60% of Americans live pay check to pay check. Also reported is the shrinking of the middle class as more fall into the working poor class. All while an enormous transfer of wealth upward has occurred since 1980.

As both politicial crime families have worked in tandem to eliminate American manufacturing and ship it off shore for the benefit of the wealthy, but at great cost to the MC and WC.
Poverty is a comfortable way of life for many. Best to just leave them alone. And if you show them a way out of poverty many say they would rather stay poor than go through the trouble.

Last edited:
Poverty is a comfortable way of life for many. Best to just leave them alone.
That’s absurd and cold hearted. Millions of Americans are suffering poverty and near poverty and you stupidly believe they want to live this way.

If you really think living in poverty is comfortable, you aren’t serious.

Forum List

Back