Being Earnest Isn't Enough

Well, I will just be among the last of the American individualists men of this country, thinking the way I want, doing what I want, acting the way I want, supporting the best candidate and on occasion, the one with the least flaws by my own opinion. You go ahead and be a party girl. It suits you.

But you don't think....you follow orders and vote as told.

I believe we've already shown that.

But you don't think....you follow orders and vote as told.

I believe we've already shown that.
Nobody even sends me the memo. This is as much social media I am involved in. You get told who to vote for and do it, for party purposes? Hard to understand how an American relinquishes one's self to direction of a party. I do not approve, but see the logic and results of House and Senate partisan action. It sounds like you are just so convinced, even with the changes in temperament that the party (or any party) is worthy of relinquishing person thought, evaluation and approval to the wishes of a larger body. Ok, that is your choice. I will continue to make my own.

A great many people of history "earnestly" believed they were correct in their ideology........anyone can be earnest and still believe a lie to be true.

Paul says it best. Diligence (i.e., earnest persistence) is a necessary trait of Christianity. "Give diligence to present yourself approved of God." -- 2 Tim. 2:15

Approved of God is the key in the application of being earnest. If you earnestly accept a lie as truth that sincerity is in vain.

How does one know "earnestly" that what they are doing is approved of God? Be wise. "Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is...." -- Eph. 5:17. "If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles (laws) of God." -- 1 Peter 4:11

In summary with no ambiguity the Lord has given instructions in how to earnestly seek the approval of God. "STUDY TO SHOW YOURSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD........a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15

If you study the will of God found in scripture.......MORALITY will never be a problem.

Reality: There can be any countless number of people that might believe something to be true.......but belief alone does not make that belief a truism. There might be 100 different versions of morality.......with each earnestly accepted as truth, but in relation to reality there can be only 1 truth, and to find that one truth one needs a source of calibration.....that source is the inspired words found in the Holy Scriptures.

Last edited:
Nobody even sends me the memo. This is as much social media I am involved in. You get told who to vote for and do it, for party purposes? Hard to understand how an American relinquishes one's self to direction of a party. I do not approve, but see the logic and results of House and Senate partisan action. It sounds like you are just so convinced, even with the changes in temperament that the party (or any party) is worthy of relinquishing person thought, evaluation and approval to the wishes of a larger body. Ok, that is your choice. I will continue to make my own.

Let's see if you are right or I am.

Get ready for the proof that you are naught but a trained seal.

I can name dozens of Biden policies I voted against.....and Trump policies I voted for.

Let's see you name the Biden policies you voted for, or the Trump policies you voted against.

If.....when.....you can't, well.....then the only explanation is that, like any Good German, you vil follow orduz!!!!

Forum List

Back