Being a Good Progressive Doesn’t Make You Incapable of Hate

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
well well, he was a far left winger Progressive/dem and atheist all rolled into one. this is one persons opinion on it

SNIP:

The wife of a man who murdered three Muslims has mounted an odd defense.
By Charles C. W. Cooke
  • Karen Hicks talks to reporters on February 12

Attempting to throw a spanner into the humming rumor mill, the wife of the Chapel Hill killer told the media on Wednesday that her husband could not possibly be guilty of a hate crime because he was a committed progressive.

“This incident,” Mrs. Hicks insisted, “had nothing to do with religion or victims’ faith but instead had to do with the longstanding parking disputes that my husband had with the neighbors.” As evidence of her spouse’s bona fides, she noted for the record that he “often champions on his Facebook page for the rights of many individuals” and is in favor of same-sex marriages and abortion. “He just believes that everyone is equal,” she concluded. It “doesn’t matter what you look like or who you are or what you believe.”

Unless you park your car in his spot, of course. Then you’re liable to be summarily executed.

It is, of course, entirely possible that the shooting was the product of a quotidian parking dispute, and that Craig Hicks was a terminally fussy busybody with a lethally short fuse. If anybody would know, one would presume it would be his wife.

But it is also possible that these were merely proximate causes, and that Hicks really did have a sincere dislike of Muslim Americans. Certainly, one does not wish to kick a grieving wife when she is down. But it strikes me nevertheless that Mrs. Hicks’s blind rejection of the latter possibility is worthy of comment, for as far as she is concerned, the notion that her husband could have loathed Muslims to the breaking point is an inherently impossible one. “He couldn’t have done this,” she seems to say; “he supports all the right things.”

snip:
Had Hicks been a conservative, we would by now have been subjected to an endless stream of half-baked thought pieces on the subject of “right-wing terrorism.” (Which topic, amusingly enough, was a favorite of Hicks’s.) Because he was not, the press has by and large managed to come to the right conclusion: namely, that we are dealing with a bad egg, and that, there being no critical mass of similar attacks, his politics did not matter much at all. Although the double-standard grates,

all of it here:
Being a Good Progressive Doesn t Make You Incapable of Hate National Review Online

Liberals love to hate. It unifies them and provides solidarity for their cause. Disagree with a liberal and you aren't just wrong, you're evil.

Hate is a very powerful emotion and one reserved by rational people of at least dull normal intelligence for very few people, and never for brussel sprouts or too much snow or ice.

Rage is something else, we read it on this message board every day in rants by those offended by the opinions of others. Of course the rational people of at least dull normal intelligence offer rebuttals or refutations, others less rational and with very dull wits resort to name calling.

Liberals love to hate. It unifies them and provides solidarity for their cause. Disagree with a liberal and you aren't just wrong, you're evil.

You're wrong; however not everything you post is evil, though on issues of human needs I do consider you at best misguided, and callous conservatives to be evil.

You're wrong; however not everything you post is evil, though on issues of human needs I do consider you at best misguided, and callous conservatives to be evil.
Thanks for making my point.

Where are people claiming that being a progressive makes you incapable of hatred?

Progressives are no less hateful than conservatives. You both have your share of hypocrites and nutters.

"Being a Good Progressive Doesn’t Make You Incapable of Hate"

No one ever said it did.
Nope, it's implied.

Nope, it's inferred by nincompoops (emphasis added on the last five letters).
What has been going on is you guys are so rotten inside that you have to make every decent belief that most people have out to be an indication of evil:

1. Belief in God
  2. Belief in marriage between a man and a woman
  3. Belief that we need to take care of the people in this country before we take care of the poor in other countries
  4. Belief that our money is put to better use when we spend it ourselves
  5. Belief that government spending cuts is essential
  6. Belief that we need secure borders
  7. Belief that we all have the right to our opinions and the right to say them out loud
  8. Belief that the best way to assure that immigrants will prosper is if they learn our language and our customs
  9. Belief that we follow all of our laws, not just the ones we like
  10. Belief that politicians should not be able to make laws that buy votes or places them in a special class

Last edited:

Your point was "Liberals love to hate". That is self evidently absurd by anyone not a fool. That you believe it to be so, makes you a fool. But, that is not the only evidence to support such a conclusion, most of what you post is either foolish or banal and usually angry.

Your point was "Liberals love to hate". That is self evidently absurd by anyone not a fool. That you believe it to be so, makes you a fool. But, that is not the only evidence to support such a conclusion, most of what you post is either foolish or banal and usually angry.
That's because you identify everything that disagrees with your views as hate.
Thanks again.

Over the years the liberal/progressive/dems of today has gradually lost all morals, principles, honesty and honor. Especially when it comes to their Politics. lying, misleading and bullying are all ok in their book just for a win for their party

No one ever said it did.
Nope, it's implied.

What has been going on is you guys are so rotten inside that you have to make every decent belief that most people have out to be an indication of evil:

1. Belief in God
  3. Belief that we need to take care of the people in this country before we take care of the poor in other countries
  7. Belief that we all have the right to our opinions and the right to say them out loud
  8. Belief that the best way to assure that immigrants will prosper is if they learn our language and our customs
  10. Belief that politicians should not be able to make laws that buy votes or places them in a special class

Kudos for putting so much effort into a Straw Man Argument.

1. Believe what you want, if you need to believe in God to act justly, that's cool.
2, Marriage is a contract. See #9 and support it or be a hypocrite.
3. Bull Shit - your kind opposes "entitlements", welfare, minimum wages, Obamacare.
4. Correct, we are consumer driven nation; money put in foreign banks does nothing to aid our nation.
5. Spending needs to be prioritized. Evaluate needs, raise taxes for wars.
6. Yes, we need our borders secured, rationally, not emotionally.
7. Agreed. You have the right to be stupid and obnoxious, and you are.
8. Don't be silly. Should we all eat hot dogs and apple pie? Explain Sen Sessions. Many ESL speakers are better able to express themselves than is he.
9. Some laws are not rational - some need to change, by reasons not emotions.

10. Huh? You hate the Brothers Koch? Oppose the Five who voted yes in the CU cases? You must be a liberal.

Last edited:
Thanks again.

No I don't. Clowns like you I find entertaining.

No one ever said it did.
Nope, it's implied.

1. Belief in God

1. Believe what you want, if you need to believe in God to act justly, that's cool.
3. Bull Shit - your kind opposes "entitlements", welfare, minimum wages, Obamacare.
4. Correct, we are consumer driven nation; money put in foreign banks does nothing to aid our nation.
8. Don't be silly. Should we all eat hot dogs and apple pie? Explain Sen Sessions. Many ESL speakers are better able to express themselves than is he.

10. Huh? You hate the Brothers Koch? Oppose the Five who voted yes in the CU cases?
It was no effort at all. I may have left several beliefs out, but those were the ones that were at the forefront of my consciousnesses. And your responses are predictably trivial and irrelevant.

One example is your silly response to #8. Learning the language of the land is essential to getting a job. You feel that I think that immigrants must learn to like everything we like. That's nonsense, as is the rest of your post. Immigrants should learn how to communicate with those around them. Learning our customs is important for them to be able to fit into our society and not reject it. This assures they will have an understanding of this country and it's history. People that do this tend to appreciate it more. Often times immigrants that do become better citizens than native born Americans. They become an asset rather than a boat anchor.

Thanks again.
You aren't acting entertained. More like a schoolgirl needing a fresh tampon.

No one ever said it did.
Nope, it's implied.

1. Belief in God

10. Huh? You hate the Brothers Koch? Oppose the Five who voted yes in the CU cases?
It was no effort at all. I may have left several beliefs out, but those were the ones that were at the forefront of my consciousnesses. And your responses are predictably trivial and irrelevant.

One example is your silly response to #8. Learning the language of the land is essential to getting a job. You feel that I think that immigrants must learn to like everything we like. That's nonsense, as is the rest of your post. Immigrants should learn how to communicate with those around them. Learning our customs is important for them to be able to fit into our society and not reject it. This assures they will have an understanding of this country and it's history. People that do this tend to appreciate it more. Often times immigrants that do become better citizens than native born Americans. They become an asset rather than a boat anchor.

Your attempt to be rational is laudable, the fact that you think in terms of ALL makes you opinion ideological and not pragmatic. Cultural changes take time, usually a generation or more for immigrants to fully assimilate into a new culture, new immigrants hold on to the familiar and learning a new language as an adult can be very problematic.

Yes, they do need to understand our language, but the process is easier said than done. We have third and fourth and more generations of native born American's who can't speak the language properly and whose knowledge of our culture and history is framed pretty much by regionalism. A good many immigrants come to our country better educated and better able to speak English than many of our native born citizens.

Thanks again.
You aren't acting entertained. More like a schoolgirl needing a fresh tampon.

How does, "a schoolgirl needing a fresh tampon" act? Is this a topic on which you are an authority, or was it a stupid remark by someone unable to post anything of substance?

Forum List

Back