Beer

Yeah IPA is all the rage now but I don't care for them
I didn't like them at first either, but, now that I'm used to them, the traditional beers taste like water

Define traditional beer
Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc. I had a Heineicken recently. Terrible.
Those are common beers but hardly traditional

I don't drink a lot of those pissy pilsners

IPAs have been around for a long time they're just now getting popular. I don't mind a hoppy beer but The IPAs do nothing for me because they seem to be all one note.

I'll take a Sam Adams Boston Ale any day it's just a more complex flavor palette

The funny thing is in NYC the IPA craze is finally starting to wind down. You are now seeing more Porters and Sour Beers.

I am a big fan of porters. Sour beer not so much, but they have been growing on me.
Whats a sour beer Marty ?

I didn't like them at first either, but, now that I'm used to them, the traditional beers taste like water

Define traditional beer

IPAs have been around for a long time they're just now getting popular. I don't mind a hoppy beer but The IPAs do nothing for me because they seem to be all one note.

I'll take a Sam Adams Boston Ale any day it's just a more complex flavor palette

The funny thing is in NYC the IPA craze is finally starting to wind down. You are now seeing more Porters and Sour Beers.

I am a big fan of porters. Sour beer not so much, but they have been growing on me.

Define traditional beer

Sour beer - Wikipedia

To me Sour beers are the response to the over-hopped IPA period we are currently leaving.

Define traditional beer

Define traditional beer

Sour beer - Wikipedia

To me Sour beers are the response to the over-hopped IPA period we are currently leaving.
Cheers. Its a new one on me. I recognise a few of the Belgian brands but only vaguely. I will keep my eye open for this.

Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

She got it cheap because it isnt selling. Thank God she didnt buy all of it.
18527634_10213351697935362_280023595816261796_n.jpg

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?
/----/ I use Bud Light to rinse out my gym socks while I'm sipping on Shiner's Bock.
1234.jpeg

It really is good! Another fall beer you might like is Oktoberfest by Sierra Nevada

Italian Lager - Im not a big lager drinker but this is excellent. Beer always tastes better in the proper glass in my opinion.

This is what I meant to post in my previous posting. For some reason it didnt appear. This is my favourite beer glass at the moment. Do you have any fave glasses ?

Mrs T brought home a slab of Bud Light the other day and I have to say how underwhelmed I am. It tastes of piss and I still have about 9 cans to get through.

It got me thinking of American beers. I remember from my visits there that your drinking culture is different to ours in that you do not drink heavily. Most of the beers I tried were ok but a bit underpowered. Probably to refrain you from getting drunk and killing each other in a drunken rage.

But I know that there is better out there. A few weeks ago I went to a wake in a local hotel and they were serving this beauty - ON DRAUGHT !! God Bless America !! It really enhanced my funeral experience.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

So how do Coors and Bud achieve such dominance when there are real quality beers out there ?

Bud is owned by InBev Belgium...so, if you want to blame someone, you can catch a train.

shipyard_export_web.png

Shipyard

Bud is owned by InBev Belgium...so, if you want to blame someone, you can catch a train.
/——/ add a shot of vodka to raise the alcohol level or use it as a chaser for some bourbon

If you want a really good German beer in a bottle, try the Dinkelacker DARK.
The Ukrainian immigrant, who lives in Russia and shits on Russia.
n Ukraine they drink beer Obolon, but such jerks mom does not give money for beer
image%3A26810.png

Forum List

Back