Because Of The Recession, My Investments Have Lost 25% of their Market Value

You should blame yourself for such crappy investment choices ... but then again, you're too conservative to know this started during the Trump Administration ... Covid emerged in 2019 ... ha ha ha ha ha ...

Inflation risk doesn't reduce your capital, it makes your capital buy less ... so that money you've saved is only worth 10% less due to inflation ... the money is still there ... sounds to me like you took some risks and you got burnt ... live and learn and stop blaming others for your own mistakes ...

You should blame yourself for such crappy investment choices ... but then again, you're too conservative to know this started during the Trump Administration ... Covid emerged in 2019 ... ha ha ha ha ha ...

Inflation risk doesn't reduce your capital, it makes your capital buy less ... so that money you've saved is only worth 10% less due to inflation ... the money is still there ... sounds to me like you took some risks and you got burnt ... live and learn and stop blaming others for your own mistakes ...
Only Congress has insider trading capabilities.

Blaming Americans for Brandon’s economy, how Leftard of you.

Here's my story (and I'm sticking to it). I have an investment account with Merrill Lynch. It includes my IRA, my wife's IRA, and other savings - enough that the well will never run dry. I'm 73 and my wife is soon-to-be 70. We draw a monthly stipend that is much less than the earnings of the accounts - ignoring asset value fluctuation. That plus SS keeps the wheels turning, and we don't want for nothing.

Every year, they call us in for a meeting where they tell us how their investment experts have created a strategy that is perfectly geared to our situation, where we are in the draw-down phase of life, and no longer looking for speculative gains and whatnot.

But here's the thing: My our portfolio EXACTLY follows the DOW. Not on a day-by-day basis, but certainly month-to-month. The DOW has gone from 35,000 roughly and now it's at about 30,000, and our investments have gone down in EXACTLY that same percentage.

The fees we are charged are buried in the fine print, and I don't even bother looking to see what they are. My broker derives a Taycan, if that means anything to you. We turned over all our money to them about ten years ago, and if we had put it into an index fund we would be in the same place.

Maybe YOU need insider information to know corporate bonds on the primary market look good ... most people who follow the news already know the FED is raising interest rates ...

Blaming others for your own mistakes is quite childish ... does mommy or daddy know your on the internet again? ...

Here's my story (and I'm sticking to it). I have an investment account with Merrill Lynch. It includes my IRA, my wife's IRA, and other savings - enough that the well will never run dry. I'm 73 and my wife is soon-to-be 70. We draw a monthly stipend that is much less than the earnings of the accounts - ignoring asset value fluctuation. That plus SS keeps the wheels turning, and we don't want for nothing.

Every year, they call us in for a meeting where they tell us how their investment experts have created a strategy that is perfectly geared to our situation, where we are in the draw-down phase of life, and no longer looking for speculative gains and whatnot.

But here's the thing: My our portfolio EXACTLY follows the DOW. Not on a day-by-day basis, but certainly month-to-month. The DOW has gone from 35,000 roughly and now it's at about 30,000, and our investments have gone down in EXACTLY that same percentage.

The fees we are charged are buried in the fine print, and I don't even bother looking to see what they are. My broker derives a Taycan, if that means anything to you. We turned over all our money to them about ten years ago, and if we had put it into an index fund we would be in the same place.

If you don't know, why do you think you're NOT in an index fund? ... at your age, you shouldn't have very much of your portfolio invested in equities, too risky ... if you lose everything, your broker will still be driving a Taycan, and you will be back in the workforce trying to make ends meet ...

You stated that you've lost 14% of your retirement savings ... is that more or less than the cost of a lawyer going over the fine print and explaining everything to you? ... I'm guessing more, that makes it long past time for you to hire that lawyer ... at least tell your broker you're planning on hiring a lawyer ... or even better, have a lawyer send your broker a letter ...

Just curious ... why didn't you invest in real estate at the time? ...

Anyone with crucial advance info on business moves can do insider trading. It is illegal in most countries. George Soros was convicted of it in France last year.

SEC regulations do not exempt members of Congress.

SEC regulations are not applied to the legislative process ... most of which occurs behind closed doors ... it was Nancy's job to get the KC-767 contract signed ... of course she gets the kickback, the campaign warchest, the stock, the bribes and all that comes with being a congresscritter ...

Congress can terminate SEC's existence in a rather short period of time ... 2/3's of each house and there's no more money ... you may be correct de jure, but that's not what's happening on the ground ...

I know I'm not in an index fund because I can get the details on every single stock, bond, and commodity that they are holding for me. It ain't an index fund. But it is more diverse than the Dow.

SEC regulations do not exempt her. She has political influence which allows her to skirt the law.
I can tell you’re a Leftard.
Oblivious to reality.

1665158786004.png

Forum List

Back