Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
1633957613191.png

Enjoy your day off, (if you work)

I like tradition.. Don't you?
No, not particularly. Why would I?
The greatest discovery in the world?
It's a big discovery, alright, but the consequences of that discovery have been categorically negative. I don't celebrate Oppenheimer for his role in the development of nuclear weapons. Sure, it was a massive development, a world-changing development, but depending on your perspective, the consequences of that development (and its future potential) are pretty awful.
That's a pretty stupid statement.

You must be a democrat.
Good one! Figured out my party before even I did.

I don't particularly care if you celebrate Columbus day, and I don't think most "liberals" would, but he really didn't do a damn thing worth celebrating.
Hey, if you think you could have done what Columbus or Leif Eriksson did, with the technology, and the scant seaman's legends about some fabled land laying thousands of miles from civilization. . .

:rolleyes:

It's a big discovery, alright, but the consequences of that discovery have been categorically negative. I don't celebrate Oppenheimer for his role in the development of nuclear weapons. Sure, it was a massive development, a world-changing development, but depending on your perspective, the consequences of that development (and its future potential) are pretty awful.

Stop whining. Columbus changed the world as no one had done before or since.

Hey, if you think you could have done what Columbus or Leif Eriksson did, with the technology, and the scant seaman's legends about some fabled land laying thousands of miles from civilization. . .

:rolleyes:
Oh, not at all. There are a lot of people that do a lot of things I could never do. I don't think that makes them inherently worth celebrating.
Stop whining. Columbus changed the world as no one had done before or since.
It's really telling that I rather calmly express my opinion on something, say I'm entirely open to oppositional opinions, and you say I'm whining. How can I not whine? I'd love an explainer.

Also, you're right! He did change the world, big time. I don't know if it was the biggest change in history, but it's certainly up there. Why does that make him worth celebrating?

It's a big discovery, alright, but the consequences of that discovery have been categorically negative.

Nothing good came of Columbus discovering America?

Do tell.

When you put liberals in quotes. . . clearly you mean. . . leftists?

:dunno:
I put liberals in quotes because I don't use the term the same way you might. I'm using the term that way as a courtesy, and employing quotations so as not to completely disregard my own definitions.

Do you celebrate Christmas or New Year or Easter or Halloween or Arbor Day?

Oh, not at all. There are a lot of people that do a lot of things I could never do. I don't think that makes them inherently worth celebrating.

So. . . did you think that America and cross cultural interaction was never going to occur? Would you have preferred that conquest and subjugation happen later than it did?

You must explain yourself, for clearly your basic understanding of the evolution of human civilization and global societies has been retarded in some way.

IMO? The fact that it happen BEFORE the enlightenment was most opportune, do you have an argument against that?

:dunno:

Do you seriously have a philosophical argument against the very nature of man?

:auiqs.jpg:

Oh, Hi Chilcothe.

To claim that the New World is a negative is beyond stupid. Only fascists can be as jaw droppingly stupid as you reveal yourself to be.

I put liberals in quotes because I don't use the term the same way you might. I'm using the term that way as a courtesy, and employing quotations so as not to completely disregard my own definitions.
Please, tell me about your own definitions.

This should be good. . . you have your own definitions now?

It's really telling that I rather calmly express my opinion on something, say I'm entirely open to oppositional opinions, and you say I'm whining. How can I not whine? I'd love an explainer.

Also, you're right! He did change the world, big time. I don't know if it was the biggest change in history, but it's certainly up there. Why does that make him worth celebrating?
Whining is part-and-parcel of wokeness. The achievements of people should be recognized, and this watershed discovery and it's discoverer must be noted.

New Topics

Forum List

Back