Because I'm not 'woke'

Oh, not at all. There are a lot of people that do a lot of things I could never do. I don't think that makes them inherently worth celebrating.

It's really telling that I rather calmly express my opinion on something, say I'm entirely open to oppositional opinions, and you say I'm whining. How can I not whine? I'd love an explainer.

Also, you're right! He did change the world, big time. I don't know if it was the biggest change in history, but it's certainly up there. Why does that make him worth celebrating?

History is what it is. Slavery was once endemic to every society on Earth. You USED to be able to kill someone legally for what they did to your great great grandparent.

The Asians that crossed the bering strait are the ones that brought slavery to "America".. It didn't "show up" in 1619.

All these blights on the human record eventually get solved. And a newborn is not born with ORIGINAL SINS of their ethnic history.. Living in YOUR world is a real depressing way to spend your life.

We SHOULD be focused on ending slavery that STILL EXISTS today. And fighting against the anarchist anti-capitalist Marxists who's history is the bloodiest and the more painful story of modern "political thought"..

AND eventually making MEANINGFUL amends - like renaming the Democrat party that WAS the source of slavery, Jim Crow, Segregation, and the Civil War.

History is what it is. Slavery was once endemic to every society on Earth. You USED to be able to kill someone legally for what they did to your great great grandparent.

The Asians that crossed the bering strait are the ones that brought slavery to "America".. It didn't "show up" in 1619.

All these blights on the human record eventually get solved. And a newborn is not born with ORIGINAL SINS of their ethnic history.. Living in YOUR world is a real depressing way to spend your life.

We SHOULD be focused on ending slavery that STILL EXISTS today. And fighting against the anarchist anti-capitalist Marxists who's history is the bloodiest and the more painful story of modern "political thought"..

AND eventually making MEANINGFUL amends - like renaming the Democrat party that WAS the source of slavery, Jim Crow, Segregation, and the Civil War.
It showed up in the 1500's with the Spanish. And it did show up in 1619 with the Portuguese. And it showed up in all the years until the Emancipation proclamation. The Asians did not bring it here.

Nor did every society have chattel slavery. The republican party was the party that crafted the Corwin Amendment, ended reconstruction, was the majority yes opinion in Plessy v. Ferguson. The confederacy was a separate nation that modern republicans support today and we need to be focused on ending white racism in America today instead of pretending that the "end" of slavery you want to claim was the end of the problem

You live with the sins you continue committing and you have benefitted from what was done. A debt owed does not retire at death and no matter how many excuses you use to gaslight, those like you are living on what you ancestors did, you take credit for the past when it makes you look good and you're trying to blame the modern democratic party for ethnic sins. So if you want to make serious amends stop lying on the modern democratic party when the south that democratic party represented is republican today.

When you talk about something being sad, look in the mirror because for you to live in such a state of denial whereby you consistently make excuses is straight sorry.

Columbus never made it to America.
Oh yeah? What continent are the West Indies considered a part of? :dunno:

The West Indies are a subregion of North America, surrounded by the North Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea that includes 13 independent island countries and 18 dependencies and other territories in three major archipelagos: the Greater Antilles, the Lesser Antilles, and the Lucayan Archipelago.[4]

I don't particularly care if you celebrate Columbus Day, and I don't think most "liberals" would, but he really didn't do a damn thing worth celebrating.
True, he is often falsely praised for "discovering" America, but didn't. In his four trips to the west, he only landed on some Caribbean islands and took some of the indigenous peoples as slaves. It's a holiday that never should have been created. This continent was "discovered" when people of Eurasian descent migrated across the Bering Strait when it was landlocked.

It showed up in the 1500's with the Spanish. And it did show up in 1619 with the Portuguese. And it showed up in all the years until the Emancipation proclamation. The Asians did not bring it here.

Almost every NATIVE American tribe (which DID originate in Asia) incorporated slavery into their culture. Much like the majority of the nations of the world did in the 1619.

Before 1867 the Tlingit and many other prominent NW tribes of Canada and the US, such as the Yurok and Klamath, were avid practitioners of slavery. Another tribe, the Haida, were known as the 'Vikings of the Northwest coast',

The relative wealth of a person or family was roughly calculated by the number of slaves held. Slaves were taken in battle and in raids from other tribes. The Aleuts in the west, the Athabascan tribes of the interior, and all of the many tribes along the Pacific coast as far south as California. Slaves were bought and sold in a barter economy along the same lines as other trade goods. They were often ceremonially freed at potlatches, the giving of freedom to the slave being a gift from the potlatch holder. However, they were just as often ceremonially killed at potlatches as well, to demonstrate the economic status in the tribe or to provide slaves for dead relatives in the afterlife. Treatment of slaves seems to have differed from individual to individual, and both oral history and historical records give examples of slaves being treated very kindly as well as very cruelly.
Among some Pacific Northwest tribes, as many as one-fourth of the population were slaves.

I'm sure you will JUSTIFY all this because it's OK when they hold their skin color as slaves.

Nor did every society have chattel slavery.

Screw "republicans".. THIS needs to get corrected. In the 17th Century -- WHICH "societies" didn't practice slavery? Do they MATTER in to the history of the USA?

The confederacy was a separate nation that modern republicans support today and we need to be focused on ending white racism in America today instead of pretending that the "end" of slavery you want to claim was the end of the problem

Yup. The Confederacy is always there at the RNC conventions. It's in their platforms, their plans to conquer and subdue far left.. You funny dude..

As for my continuing sins -- NONE of them so evil as trying to COMMUNICATE with you. I think it IS sinful to waste time on Earth that God has given me. LOL.

Never gotten Columbus day off at any job I've ever worked. But I don't work for the Government.
It's a government holiday that should have never been created. Columbus never set foot on the North American continent. We only have a general idea as to when man first migrated to the North American continent and that was over the Bering Strait.

It's a government holiday that should have never been created. Columbus never set foot on the North American continent. We only have a general idea as to when man first migrated to the North American continent and that was over the Bering Strait.

Columbus revolutionized sea travel and opened the world.

He is a hero. The attack on our culture by the degenerate Marxists doesn't diminish the astounding accomplishment of Columbus.

Forum List

Back