Beauty Standards for Men and Women

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Why is this very common to see men who pick very obese women, but you almost never see a "hot" chick with a fat guy- unless he's rich. But you'd never see a beautiful woman with a 300 lb who is average in every other way. And they say men are shallow? Or is just that men will sleep with anything? I just wonder why this seems to be the standard.

I cannot imagine a instagram type model with someone like me. Or even slimmer then me but still fat. Or short somehow or ugly.

I guess the reasons are

a) women have the choice, in a free society which is not sexually restricted women have the choice, men have to compete
b) men fuck everything, women are more picky
c) the gender ideology and propaganda shows commercials with fat women and super fit guys, but not the other away around, also the gender ideologists coined the feminist terms fatshaming and slutshaming that if you do that you are the biggest swine, and chauvinist, sexist and you have to approve of women who are fat, sluts or dont shave their armpits Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes Leon Shows Off How Beautiful Body Hair Can Be in These New Photos
that ideological propaganda does not exist for men, men are not under that political ideological protection, they need to be super fit, super masculine but at the same time super woke and accept everything the women say or wants

Why is this very common to see men who pick very obese women, but you almost never see a "hot" chick with a fat guy- unless he's rich. But you'd never see a beautiful woman with a 300 lb who is average in every other way. And they say men are shallow? Or is just that men will sleep with anything? I just wonder why this seems to be the standard.

I cannot imagine a instagram type model with someone like me. Or even slimmer then me but still fat. Or short somehow or ugly.

I guess the reasons are

a) women have the choice, in a free society which is not sexually restricted women have the choice, men have to compete
c) the gender ideology and propaganda shows commercials with fat women and super fit guys, but not the other away around, also the gender ideologists coined the feminist terms fatshaming and slutshaming that if you do that you are the biggest swine, and chauvinist, sexist and you have to approve of women who are fat, sluts or dont shave their armpits Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes Leon Shows Off How Beautiful Body Hair Can Be in These New Photos
that ideological propaganda does not exist for men, men are not under that political ideological protection, they need to be super fit, super masculine but at the same time super woke and accept everything the women say or wants

Or, you know, it could be women and men can have great, attractive personalities and be physically out of shape. Humans do not belong to a hive mind. Thus generalizing them and their behaviors can be quite risky. Someday some woman will come along, seemingly out of the wild blue, who thinks you are the most awesome dude who ever existed. You won't understand, probably ever, what she sees in you, only that she loves your thick skulled hide no matter what. Tip: you don't need to understand her; just enjoy the experience. Second tip: try not to ruin your ultimate shot at romantic companionship by expressing shallow, generalized views of your fellow humankind. Do that and you'll find yourself alone again, abandoned.

I guess the reasons are

No. Her body hair is not at all beautiful.

This might fit here;

We weren’t meant to see this many beautiful faces​

In a world of normalised filters, cosmetic surgery and beauty tweaks, “beauty overstimulation” is now a thing. But what’s it doing to our brains?
Ever get the feeling that, when you open your social apps, all the faces staring back at you are, well, gorgeous? Maybe that’s because it’s holiday season, festival season and Love Island season all at once. But even outside of that, our feeds look like a sort of eternal Hot Girl Summer.

It’s now easier than ever to edit our digital avatars. Apps like FaceTune, Snapchat and TikTok offer subtle face tweaks (you know the ones: slim nose with a shiny button tip, subtle blush, pouty lips), meaning you can rework your look with a single swipe. This, of course, is nothing new. Ever since early magazine imagery and the advent of Photoshop, people have worried about what retouching images would do to us as a society. But now, if social media algorithms are aggressively pushing glossy, symmetrical faces to the front of our feeds, is there a danger of digitally overloading our brains with beauty?

The phrase “beauty overstimulation” emerged recently courtesy of writer Eleanor Stern, who said on TikTok: “Not only are we being exposed to more beautiful faces on a daily basis, but people are making themselves more beautiful than ever”. It clearly struck a chord. “My self esteem improves by just going to [the] grocery store and looking at actual people”, one comment reads. Another: “I never take my mask off in public spaces honestly, I just don’t want to be seen by anyone anymore.”

In her book Survival of the Prettiest, Harvard scientist Nancy Etcoff notes that we’re always sizing up other people’s looks, and that our “beauty detectors” are always pinging. Platforms like Instagram and TikTok famously favour human faces over scenery or food snaps; people are encouraged to post selfies “for the algorithm”, and so the frequency at which we’re seeing faces on our feeds is higher than ever.

ZZ Top said it best. ;)

Put some effort minor into yourself and the ladies notice. I suspect that's even more the case today when men run around in public looking like so many slobs.

Women should take note of the same thing concerning their appearance.

I feel like it’s usually the other way around. You see more overweight guys with fit/hot girls than vice-versa.

Forum List

Back