beauty from the past

baileyn45

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2015
I tend to watch some old movies. I'm often stunned by the beauty of actresses from way back. In black and white films, absolute beauty. Having said that, I'd like to slap those that made them pose for pictures. Case in point, just watched a movie, beautiful creature, Lili Damita, never heard of her. Googled her name and found 100 horrible staged pictures. Also found a few that catch my breath.
5baf7d920c69f__lila-damita.jpg

tumblr_o0hmyyO9R91qzx4bjo1_500.jpg

• Lili-Damita-exclusive-hot-pic-11.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Fred Astaire's gorgeous, athletic dance partner in many old movies... Ginger Rogers... stunning beauty...

ginger-rogers-ca-1930s-everett.jpg

Fred Astaire's gorgeous, athletic dance partner in many old movies... Ginger Rogers... stunning beauty...

ginger-rogers-ca-1930s-everett.jpg
OK, I already knew that! Great shot and still not one her best(matter of opinion of course, so many to choose from).

How about a silent film beauty, Bessie Love. This picture was actually taken in the 1920s. Interesting tidbit about her career...

"Her acting career spanned eight decades, and she continued to work well into her eighties. Her last movie role was with David Bowie in The Hunger in 1983, just a few years before her death."

14452197_f520.jpg

OK, I'm cheating here these are actually modern recreations of classic photos by the following....

"Retro Atelier is a Ukraine-based collective that creates stunning conceptual photography inspired by days gone by. Its collection features a wide array of series from Art Nouveau-inspired images to unique styles reminiscent of early Art Deco, Pin-Up and glamor photography"

RetroAtelier | Ritorno al fascino che fù | Tutt'Art@ | Pittura • Scultura • Poesia • Musica

I was just taken with a few of the photos and impressed at how well they mimicked classic styles. I stumbled upon the first photo and was fooled or so I learned when I tried to figure out who this creature was.

Pretty cool stuff.

RetroAtelier+-+Tutt%2527Art%2540+%252820%2529.JPG

RetroAtelier+-+Tutt%2527Art%2540+%252831%2529.jpg

RetroAtelier+-+Tutt%2527Art%2540+%252844%2529.jpg

Forum List

Back