Beating Diabetes:My Story

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
So, it was about two years ago now, that I my doctor gave me the bad news, that my slowly creeping up sugar, had reached the point where I was now considered diabetic. He told me that if I could lose ten percent of my weight, in the next 6 months, before the next visit, that perhaps, I could undo that diagnosis.

For the first year and a half I tried diet and exercise, and failed miserably.

IN sept, just as I was about to give up, and make an appointment, to start managing my diabetes, I tried intermittent fasting.

I started out slowly, on my days off, just skipping breakfast. That got some results, so I quickly started skipping breakfast and lunch.

Soon, I was doing that during work. I was careful to keep snacks on hand, in case I became weak with hunger and had to break the fast. This happened only once, when my stomach started feeling cramped and I eat all my snacks and ended the fast.

Not long after that, I was attracted to the efficiency of linking a day long fast with the fast involved in sleeping and started extending my fasts from dinner, though one whole day to the next breakfast.

This got even more dramatic results.

As time went on, I got more and more comfortable with it. I did two, and three, and even a couple of 4 day fasts.

When I finally went back to the doctor at the two year mark, I was down well over the ten percent loss he had requested and my numbers were no longer in the diabetic range. . My only medication at this point is over the counter allergy pills.

At my current rate, I will no longer be obese within a few weeks. And I see no reason to stop any time soon.

I would strongly recommend that anyone with any weight or sugar issues, take a look at this web link.

Fasting - A History

Good luck to you

I just found out I have Type 2 Diabetes
Taking medication and diet and exercise

Good luck to you

I just found out I have Type 2 Diabetes
Taking medication and diet and exercise
Wing. Drink 3 cups of hibiscus tea every day(or make a cold quart) and eat beets(however you like) 3-4 times a week. Beet greens are pretty OK when scrambled with eggs in the AM. Doqu will say WTF in about 3 weeks. Works as well for fatty liver

So, it was about two years ago now, that I my doctor gave me the bad news, that my slowly creeping up sugar, had reached the point where I was now considered diabetic. He told me that if I could lose ten percent of my weight, in the next 6 months, before the next visit, that perhaps, I could undo that diagnosis.

IN sept, just as I was about to give up, and make an appointment, to start managing my diabetes, I tried intermittent fasting.

I started out slowly, on my days off, just skipping breakfast. That got some results, so I quickly started skipping breakfast and lunch.

Soon, I was doing that during work. I was careful to keep snacks on hand, in case I became weak with hunger and had to break the fast. This happened only once, when my stomach started feeling cramped and I eat all my snacks and ended the fast.

Not long after that, I was attracted to the efficiency of linking a day long fast with the fast involved in sleeping and started extending my fasts from dinner, though one whole day to the next breakfast.

As time went on, I got more and more comfortable with it. I did two, and three, and even a couple of 4 day fasts.

When I finally went back to the doctor at the two year mark, I was down well over the ten percent loss he had requested and my numbers were no longer in the diabetic range. . My only medication at this point is over the counter allergy pills.

At my current rate, I will no longer be obese within a few weeks. And I see no reason to stop any time soon.

I would strongly recommend that anyone with any weight or sugar issues, take a look at this web link.

Fasting - A History
Thank you. I was diagnosed as diabetic just four days ago.

Fasting - A History
Bluz. PM me. You aint got diabetes. You have a nutritional disaster(quacks know zero about nutrition---the assholes recommend banana for potassium.
Forget that fasting bullshit too. You need "stability"

Fasting - A History

Have they put on you medicine yet? Would weight loss help?

What were you morning sugars at?
When I learned I had diabetes it was in the 600 range.
I now take a couple of pills a day and administer Toujeo as needed,usually once a week,occasionally twice a week.

I now take a couple of pills a day and administer Toujeo as needed,usually once a week,occasionally twice a week.

160 when I was diagnosed and 116 when I most recently visited.

That is not too bad
You just have to watch your diet

That is not too bad

"Watching your diet" fails, 98 per cent of the time. "Watching your diet" is putting on a few pounds ever year, and having a constantly worse situation.

I am going to continue to lose weight, until my numbers are completely back in the normal range.

That is not too bad

"Watching your diet" fails, 98 per cent of the time. "Watching your diet" is putting on a few pounds ever year, and having a constantly worse situation.

I am going to continue to lose weight, until my numbers are completely back in the normal range.
You don’t have far to go

I was at 260 when I was diagnosed a month ago. I am at 138 now

That is not too bad

You don’t have far to go

Today, we went out to a steakhouse with my father in law. Tomorrow I am going to fast from when I wake up, to when I wake up the NEXT day. Should be about 38 hours, (an hour sleeping before midnight plus, 24 hours of Monday, plus 6 or 7 hours of sleeping on Tuesday).

I hope, within a few weeks, to be down to where I am no longer obese, and just be overweight.

That is not too bad

You don’t have far to go

Today, we went out to a steakhouse with my father in law. Tomorrow I am going to fast from when I wake up, to when I wake up the NEXT day. Should be about 38 hours, (an hour sleeping before midnight plus, 24 hours of Monday, plus 6 or 7 hours of sleeping on Tuesday).

I hope, within a few weeks, to be down to where I am no longer obese, and just be overweight.

I was told you are better off spacing small meals throughout he day to allow your body to process sugars

Peaks and valleys may be counterproductive

That is not too bad

You don’t have far to go

I was told you are better off spacing small meals throughout he day to allow your body to process sugars

I was told that too. It was part of my journey that led to being obese and diabetic.

Now I am doing something else. Now I am going in the opposite direction.

I'm down over 35 pounds from September.

That is not too bad

You don’t have far to go

I was told that too. It was part of my journey that led to being obese and diabetic.

Losing weight will probably help you
Once your weight is down, it will be easier to control your diabetes

You don’t have far to go

Losing weight will probably help you
Once your weight is down, it will be easier to control your diabetes

My numbers are not in the diabetic range any more. They are in the pre diabetic range, and I intend for them to be normal, when I am tested, if not the next time, the time after that.

No diabetes to "Control".

Forum List

Back