Beating Diabetes:My Story

So, it was about two years ago now, that I my doctor gave me the bad news, that my slowly creeping up sugar, had reached the point where I was now considered diabetic. He told me that if I could lose ten percent of my weight, in the next 6 months, before the next visit, that perhaps, I could undo that diagnosis.

For the first year and a half I tried diet and exercise, and failed miserably.

IN sept, just as I was about to give up, and make an appointment, to start managing my diabetes, I tried intermittent fasting.

I started out slowly, on my days off, just skipping breakfast. That got some results, so I quickly started skipping breakfast and lunch.

Soon, I was doing that during work. I was careful to keep snacks on hand, in case I became weak with hunger and had to break the fast. This happened only once, when my stomach started feeling cramped and I eat all my snacks and ended the fast.

Not long after that, I was attracted to the efficiency of linking a day long fast with the fast involved in sleeping and started extending my fasts from dinner, though one whole day to the next breakfast.

This got even more dramatic results.

As time went on, I got more and more comfortable with it. I did two, and three, and even a couple of 4 day fasts.

When I finally went back to the doctor at the two year mark, I was down well over the ten percent loss he had requested and my numbers were no longer in the diabetic range. . My only medication at this point is over the counter allergy pills.

At my current rate, I will no longer be obese within a few weeks. And I see no reason to stop any time soon.

I would strongly recommend that anyone with any weight or sugar issues, take a look at this web link.

Fasting - A History
Congrats! Thank you for sharing your diabetes story!

I weighed 360 about a year ago. I was having problems staying awake on the job due to sleep apnea. I started taking better care of my health including doctor's visits. I'm surprised I wasn't diabetic. I've lost down to 275 lbs and no longer use a C-PAP machine. I usually skip breakfast and have 2 good semi-healthy meals a day.
Congrats on taking better care of your health!

So, it was about two years ago now, that I my doctor gave me the bad news, that my slowly creeping up sugar, had reached the point where I was now considered diabetic. He told me that if I could lose ten percent of my weight, in the next 6 months, before the next visit, that perhaps, I could undo that diagnosis.

For the first year and a half I tried diet and exercise, and failed miserably.

IN sept, just as I was about to give up, and make an appointment, to start managing my diabetes, I tried intermittent fasting.

I started out slowly, on my days off, just skipping breakfast. That got some results, so I quickly started skipping breakfast and lunch.

Soon, I was doing that during work. I was careful to keep snacks on hand, in case I became weak with hunger and had to break the fast. This happened only once, when my stomach started feeling cramped and I eat all my snacks and ended the fast.

Not long after that, I was attracted to the efficiency of linking a day long fast with the fast involved in sleeping and started extending my fasts from dinner, though one whole day to the next breakfast.

This got even more dramatic results.

As time went on, I got more and more comfortable with it. I did two, and three, and even a couple of 4 day fasts.

When I finally went back to the doctor at the two year mark, I was down well over the ten percent loss he had requested and my numbers were no longer in the diabetic range. . My only medication at this point is over the counter allergy pills.

At my current rate, I will no longer be obese within a few weeks. And I see no reason to stop any time soon.

I would strongly recommend that anyone with any weight or sugar issues, take a look at this web link.

Fasting - A History

I used to do that, until I had an MRI scan and it showed brain shrinkage, so I switched to a half-seed keto type diet. I think exercise is the main factor, as well as portion control for me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back