Beastie Boys are the most overrated band ever

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
They have 3 good songs. No Sleep Till Brooklyn, Girls, and You Got To Fight For Your Right To Party. All their other songs suck

Last edited:
Now, music is always going to be subjective...so there will always be folks who claim one artist or another is overrated...

Like how I feel Prince was one of the best guitarists ever....but others would disagree....they would be wrong...but to each their own...

Now, music is always going to be subjective...so there will always be folks who claim one artist or another is overrated...

Like how I feel Prince was one of the best guitarists ever....but others would disagree....they would be wrong...but to each their own...

Another example of what I note above.. I was never a Prince fan but he killed that. Obviously a very talented guy but I never really got into him which means very little. A lot of people did.

Beastie Boys were genre bending which was innovative enough at the time to merit the attention they got. Kind of like rapture from Blondie being the first rap song to chart at #1, though they nor the song are not particularly well known as a rap band/song and the song itself definitely has not withstood the test of time

Beastie Boys were genre bending which was innovative enough at the time to merit the attention they got. Kind of like rapture from Blondie being the first rap song to chart at #1, though they nor the song are not particularly well known as a rap band/song and the song itself definitely has not withstood the test of time

I'm not normally into blondes, but Debbie Harry is one of the hottest women to ever grace the planet. :banana:

Oh, c'mon man.
I love cranking Intergalactic on my car stereo.

Of course I will rock B-52's also.

Don't judge me ;)

They have 3 good songs. No Sleep Till Brooklyn, Girls, and You Got To Fight For Your Right To Party. All their other songs suck
Never been a big fan, but this song, and in particular this performance, was pretty amazing:

Forum List

Back