Bears passing on Mahomes for Trubinsky on par with Red Sox departing with Babe Ruth to yankees.LOL

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008

It really IS on par with the worst mistake in sports history of the Red Sox departing with Babe Ruth for the Yankees. I cant believe I am saying this about Mahomes but despite what the media have said over the years that Joe Montana was the greatest ever to play the game,I disagree with that.

Matter of fact I have ALWAYS disagreed with the media spin that Montana was the greatest ever.I never went along with the media spin that Montana was the best ever. I have always said that Johhny Unitas was the best ever so I am obviously not one of those people like some around here are that bill a quarterback who wins many superbowls as the greatest ever.:D

Matter of fact I never saw myself thinking that there would EVER be a quarterback that could come along and topple Johnny U as the best ever but I am saying that right here right now that Mahomes is indeed the best EVER. I mean the guy is just in his second year and he already plays like a ten year veteran in his prime.

The thing that had me already saying it last year that he was the best ever was in all my years of watching the NFL,i have NEVER seen a player throw a ball with his NON throwing arm completing a pass ten yards down the filed UNTIL a game i saw last year on prime time against the Broncos.

I was at a resteraunt that night with a buddy of mine the game just happened to be on so i decided to watch it, That night Mahomes SINGLE HANDEDLY put that game on his shoulders and won it all by himself.that is no exageration in the least. the defense was horrible,he had no protection from the offensive line,no running game,and the receivers were dropping balls all over the place.He had to win that game ALL BY HIMSELF.

The guy in his second year has already shattered previous records as well.the ONLY thing that keeps him from going down as the greatest ever is a career ending injury.

It really IS on par with the worst mistake in sports history of the Red Sox departing with Babe Ruth for the Yankees. I cant believe I am saying this about Mahomes but despite what the media have said over the years that Joe Montana was the greatest ever to play the game,I disagree with that.

Matter of fact I have ALWAYS disagreed with the media spin that Montana was the greatest ever.I never went along with the media spin that Montana was the best ever. I have always said that Johhny Unitas was the best ever so I am obviously not one of those people like some around here are that bill a quarterback who wins many superbowls as the greatest ever.:D

Matter of fact I never saw myself thinking that there would EVER be a quarterback that could come along and topple Johnny U as the best ever but I am saying that right here right now that Mahomes is indeed the best EVER. I mean the guy is just in his second year and he already plays like a ten year veteran in his prime.

The thing that had me already saying it last year that he was the best ever was in all my years of watching the NFL,i have NEVER seen a player throw a ball with his NON throwing arm completing a pass ten yards down the filed UNTIL a game i saw last year on prime time against the Broncos.

I was at a resteraunt that night with a buddy of mine the game just happened to be on so i decided to watch it, That night Mahomes SINGLE HANDEDLY put that game on his shoulders and won it all by himself.that is no exageration in the least. the defense was horrible,he had no protection from the offensive line,no running game,and the receivers were dropping balls all over the place.He had to win that game ALL BY HIMSELF.

The guy in his second year has already shattered previous records as well.the ONLY thing that keeps him from going down as the greatest ever is a career ending injury.

The Bears have never been known to draft great QB's...

They draft great LB and RB but never drafted a great QB in my time...

Mitch is another Rex and will flame out in a few years...

This is not a fair assessment. Since it assumes, that Mahomes would have been this good without the extraordinary weapons that Chiefs' GM & HC supplied him with.

Give Mahomes the same lo-quality WR TE RB & OL which Mitch has had, then you'd have a legitimate case if Mahomes still played at this same level/same output.

The one thing that the new NFL has allowed fans to learn, is that a QB is not as big a part of the circuitry of success as it has always appeared.

QB's that go to good situations are at an advantage. However, Mahomes has a different style then Trubisky. A style that has been seen with very few Super Bowls. A style where the QB is vulnerable while he is exciting. For decades I believed the NFL would move to this type of play. When hit though, the injury factor comes into play. Some guys are also more injury prone then others. Whatever, Mahomes forever has at least one Super Bowl ring and possibly more. After that, it is longevity.

QB's that go to good situations are at an advantage. However, Mahomes has a different style then Trubisky. A style that has been seen with very few Super Bowls. A style where the QB is vulnerable while he is exciting. For decades I believed the NFL would move to this type of play. When hit though, the injury factor comes into play. Some guys are also more injury prone then others. Whatever, Mahomes forever has at least one Super Bowl ring and possibly more. After that, it is longevity.

If he does a good job of accomplishing what russel wilson has who has remained injury free all his time playing,then you ca count on him winning many more superbowls down the road.i thought wilson was going to but he has a corrupt coach who throws games all the time as we all learned in the superbowl against the patriots when he did not not use Lynch to run the ball in for the winning touchdown.

Andy Reid is not corrupt.

This is not a fair assessment. Since it assumes, that Mahomes would have been this good without the extraordinary weapons that Chiefs' GM & HC supplied him with.

Give Mahomes the same lo-quality WR TE RB & OL which Mitch has had, then you'd have a legitimate case if Mahomes still played at this same level/same output.

The one thing that the new NFL has allowed fans to learn, is that a QB is not as big a part of the circuitry of success as it has always appeared.

Mahomes would indeed struggle more so if he played for the bears and not be near the player he is I am sure with that kind of cast around him but he would still win many more games though because as i said,in that playoff game against the broncos up in denver,he SINGLE HANDEDLY won that game putting it all on his shoulders,he had no running game,no protection from the offensive line always running for his life,receivers dropping balls all over the place and he STILL won the game for them. I cant ever recall seeing a quarterback in my lifew that under those circumstances were able to win the game all by himself with no help fron ANY of his teammates.

Mahomes also can do what Mitch CANT do where if the line protection breaks down on the offensive line,he can make something out of nothing,make a negative into a positive running for the first down if not passing for it so he while he would be on bad team and not be in the playoffs every year,he would be like warren moon who was always in the pro bowl all the time most his career even though he was on some really bad teams most his career cause he also was able to scramble and make things happen when the offensive line could not protect him which was most the time.

Mahomes while he would also be missing the playoffs every year if playing for the bears,he would STILL be a pro bowl on a bad team same as warren moon.

He is very capable of being a ONE MAN WRECKING show who can do it all by HIMSELF. The kid is amazing.

Last edited:
At the time, Mahomes was viewed as a project who was at least a year away.

KC was criticized for trading up to get him.

At the time, Mahomes was viewed as a project who was at least a year away.

KC was criticized for trading up to get him.
Years ago QB's were drafted and most of them spent some time on the bench before they played. But now it seems a good percentage step in to play their first year.

Forum List

Back