Be kind or be quiet

Listen. People are disappointed, upset, fearful, or anxious that their lives are being upended by this pandemic. But people also need to be mindful of what's important. Getting married? The party itself is not what is important. The celebration is temporary. The love you have for your spouse is (supposed to be) forever. If you value the pomp and circumstance over the relationship, what does that say about you? If you value the memory over the goal, what does that say about you?

My grandmother was married at the courthouse in Anderson, SC. She had broken her arm and crushed the tibia bone in her right leg a few weeks before. She got married while in a cast. Of course she was disappointed, upset even, but she saw past that to what was important. She was going to heal, she was going to be married regardless. The pomp and circumstance was temporary. Or unnecessary.

Did you want to go to the park but discover it's closed? Remember, it is being done for your safety and that of others. If you live at home with other family members, be grateful for their company. It's just as valuable there as it would be at the park you wanted to go to. If you are going through rough times or having a falling out with someone you live with, make an effort to make amends. There's plenty to do that doesn't involve brooding or sitting at the computer wishing this situation weren't so.

Both me and my grandmother are in risk categories for catching COVID-19. We haven't left home for anything other than getting refills on meds for the past month. If you think I don't understand the disappointment of other people not being able to carry on with their lives, guess again. Being cooped up in here having my life suspended due to this pandemic is not fun either. I get it.

But while you are sitting there worrying over the future, you ignore the present. You ignore what's important. You ignore the people around you. You may be setting the mood or the atmosphere for others by how you react to this situation.

Consider that before you tell someone to "be kind" or "be quiet". Don't assume they haven't gone or aren't going through the same pain and suffering you are, that makes you presumptive and somewhat arrogant.

If someone gives you reasonable advice, don't reject it out of hand. If someone offers an opinion, agree politely or disagree politely. Don't make the automatic assumption that they are trying to be mean or unkind, or that they "don't know what you're going through".

This crisis is hurting everyone, not just you.
Good post TK!

I am still trying to find a new normal out of all this....
Why?

This current crisis will be solved in time to have a celebration party for Trump' re-election. :)
:lol:
You wish!
But realistically? I think we are going to be seeing some profound changes coming out of this.

You wish!

No thanks. Myself and millions of other Americans don't do living on our knees in conformity. We Americans do not run from crises, hide from monsters or bow our heads in deference to authoritarianism or the wishes of tyrants. Everyone is suffering, true enough. But that does not mean we will swallow every order they try to shove down our throats. Like many, many, many other Americans I will continue to live as normally as possible. I will hike in the park, make my rounds around the local area and even travel to visit family, up and until the moment the tanks roll out to block interstates. After that happens (and it likely never will) many Americans will breathe new life into Molotov's legacy. Bank on it.
This is the reason that with 5% of the world's population the US has the highest recorded number of Covid-19 cases.
No, that would be because we test A LOT MORE, but still, not nearly enough.

If you dont test, you have no idea what percentage of your population has it

Listen. People are disappointed, upset, fearful, or anxious that their lives are being upended by this pandemic. But people also need to be mindful of what's important. Getting married? The party itself is not what is important. The celebration is temporary. The love you have for your spouse is (supposed to be) forever. If you value the pomp and circumstance over the relationship, what does that say about you? If you value the memory over the goal, what does that say about you?

My grandmother was married at the courthouse in Anderson, SC. She had broken her arm and crushed the tibia bone in her right leg a few weeks before. She got married while in a cast. Of course she was disappointed, upset even, but she saw past that to what was important. She was going to heal, she was going to be married regardless. The pomp and circumstance was temporary. Or unnecessary.

Did you want to go to the park but discover it's closed? Remember, it is being done for your safety and that of others. If you live at home with other family members, be grateful for their company. It's just as valuable there as it would be at the park you wanted to go to. If you are going through rough times or having a falling out with someone you live with, make an effort to make amends. There's plenty to do that doesn't involve brooding or sitting at the computer wishing this situation weren't so.

Both me and my grandmother are in risk categories for catching COVID-19. We haven't left home for anything other than getting refills on meds for the past month. If you think I don't understand the disappointment of other people not being able to carry on with their lives, guess again. Being cooped up in here having my life suspended due to this pandemic is not fun either. I get it.

But while you are sitting there worrying over the future, you ignore the present. You ignore what's important. You ignore the people around you. You may be setting the mood or the atmosphere for others by how you react to this situation.

Consider that before you tell someone to "be kind" or "be quiet". Don't assume they haven't gone or aren't going through the same pain and suffering you are, that makes you presumptive and somewhat arrogant.

If someone gives you reasonable advice, don't reject it out of hand. If someone offers an opinion, agree politely or disagree politely. Don't make the automatic assumption that they are trying to be mean or unkind, or that they "don't know what you're going through".

Good post TK!

I am still trying to find a new normal out of all this....
Why?

This current crisis will be solved in time to have a celebration party for Trump' re-election. :)
:lol:
You wish!
But realistically? I think we are going to be seeing some profound changes coming out of this.

You wish!
The death of the Republic

I say that when the left stops being dicks like they have been for decades and cleans up thier nasty act youd be surprised how many right wingers will return the favor

Until then we'll see those leftards where they live and breed ...in the gutter ......wit thier mamas

Except... It isn’t hurting me...

Forum List

Back