Be Honest, Who All Is Bad At Math?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I was just wondering because I still use my fingers, paper, and calculator most of the time lol

When I was a kid I was horrible at math. I actually once got a "0" on a test in Mr. Busielo's 8th grade math class.

When I joined the Navy, I needed a solid foundation for working on electronics. Being a Sonarman, I also had to have a grip on math because that's how we would figure out the daily range predictions.

I'm much more adept at mathematics now that I'm almost 60 than I was 45 years ago...

It doesn't help that I have special needs either, but I'm better at math then I used to be,.. I still have trouble with multiplication and division but I'm pretty good with addition and subtraction now. :)

I can do math, but I take a long time to do it, so you can say I'm not good at it. I used to hate, loathe, despised, abhorred, resented, and detested math. As I got into higher levels of high school, I took business math and found that I really liked it, especially since the other options were Geometry or Calculus. Do I remember half of what I was taught in math class? No. That's what fingers and toes are for.

Surprisingly I used to be like that towards history, government, and social studies,.. that's before I realized how much we needed it.

I was a history nut, but not at first. I watched the movie Gettysburg when I was 12. It changed my life forever. I started reading about the civil war a lot. I would mow a lawn, get some money and run out and buy memoirs written by the soldiers themselves. Not the modern history books, I didn't care for those, but the memoirs. I wanted to hear what the soldiers had to say, both North and South. Then I started getting interested in WWII, and I started buying memoirs written by American and German and Russian soldiers. It's amazing how similar the average soldier is in three different armies fighting for vastly different causes are.

I also started collecting relics from the battlefields. I bought a lot of relics from the old Iva Rosensteel collection. She would walk the Gettysburg battlefield as a little girl with her uncle, John Rosensteel, and they would find all sort of relics after the rains washed the dirt in plowed fields. This was back in the 1890s. I started metal detecting (private property with permission) and finding my own artifacts.

Then I started collecting WWII artifacts like helmets, uniforms, and a multitude of knick knacks.

All because I watched an old war movie that non-history loving people usually are bored by.

When I was a kid I was horrible at math. I actually once got a "0" on a test in Mr. Busielo's 8th grade math class.

When I joined the Navy, I needed a solid foundation for working on electronics. Being a Sonarman, I also had to have a grip on math because that's how we would figure out the daily range predictions.

I'm much more adept at mathematics now that I'm almost 60 than I was 45 years ago...

Myself.
I hated math in school and my grades reflected that hate.
Once I became a machinist I constantly had to use math so I learned it right quick.
I was never all that good at something I couldnt apply in real life.

Myself.
I hated math in school and my grades reflected that hate.
Once I became a machinist I constantly had to use math so I learned it right quick.
I was never all that good at something I couldnt apply in real life.

Yeah, to this day I would be hard-pressed to tell you anything about the Ming Dynasty or Attila the Hun, although is was covered in the curriculum. They just don't come up in casual conversation all too often...

Yeah, to this day I would be hard-pressed to tell you anything about the Ming Dynasty or Attila the Hun, although is was covered in the curriculum. They just don't come up in casual conversation all too often...

I liked History but I couldnt tell you names and dates for shit. To me it was just interesting to read about.
Also loved science and chem class although I dont remember much of that either.
With the internet you dont need to remember that stuff these days.

I liked History but I couldnt tell you names and dates for shit. To me it was just interesting to read about.
Also loved science and chem class although I dont remember much of that either.
With the internet you dont need to remember that stuff these days.

True 'dat.

I love traveling to historic places. I used to think that living near the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine, was cool. Then I traveled to Europe and my perspective was drastically altered.

St. Augustine, Florida was founded in 1565. Sure, that's kinda' old, I guess. In 43 more years St. Augustine will be 500 years old. Rome, where I went for a solo photo excursion in 2019, was founded in 753 BC. I learned more about Roman history more during the eight days I was there than I ever did in high school...

True 'dat.

I love traveling to historic places. I used to think that living near the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine, was cool. Then I traveled to Europe and my perspective was drastically altered.

St. Augustine, Florida was founded in 1565. Rome, where I went for a solo photo excursion, was founded in 753 BC. I learned more about Roman history more during the eight days I was there than I ever did in high school...

I'll never forget going to Greece and seeing the Acropolis up close and personal.
It awe inspiring just thinking about how old it is and seeing it in real life.
I really want to go to Rome and see the Colosseum.

I'll never forget going to Greece and seeing the Acropolis up close and personal.
It awe inspiring just thinking about how old it is and seeing it in real life.
I really want to go to Rome and see the Colosseum.

I stayed outside of the city at the Holiday Inn. A short walk to the metro and, in about a half hour, I was stepping out of the train station, quite literally, right next to the Coliseum. It is, along with the Vatican, the two most crowded places in all of Rome. If you go, beware of the Kenyans and Nigerians who wnat to "give a you a gift", which is usually a thin leather bracelet, and then they hound you until you give them money.

I didn't do the tour there, but it was still an amazing thing just to be there...

rome02.jpg

I stayed outside of the city at the Holiday Inn. A short walk to the metro and, in about a half hour, I was stepping out of the train station, quite literally, right next to the Coliseum. It is, along with the Vatican, the two most crowded places in all of Rome. If you go, beware of the Kenyans and Nigerians who wnat to "give a you a gift", which is usually a thin leather bracelet, and then they hound you until you give them money.

I didn't do the tour there, but it was still an amazing thing just to be there...

View attachment 648751

Jamaicans do the same shit...
The first thing they ask you is if this is your first time visiting Negril.
You always say no I've been here dozens of times. That clues them in that you wont be falling for their shit.
They'll also as where you're staying so they know how much money you have. After the 10th time of being asked if you need any weed you either tell them you're a cop in America or you have to take a piss test for work.

We have our own tricksters in the US. If a black man in New Orleans tells you he knows where you got your shoes you tell him on your feet.

Back in school years ago I started getting lost when I reached Calculus 3. Got to the point where a major test was literally one problem that took two hours to figure if you didn't screw up.

Still pretty quick with numbers and fractions being a carpenter. Also still use geometry and basic algebra for work. So I use some of it after all.

I am really stupid at math.

I could blame my elementary teachers, but I won't.

I am just stupid.

In high school, algebra was beyond my ability. (Those questions about if two trains travel at .... drove me crazy. The teachers at my private school took pity on me and passed me. My parents were paying a high tuition!)

By the way, physics class was also beyond me.

I am really stupid.

Forum List

Back