BBQ, here France it is pretty boring !

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
Well, one day I would like to have at home at Lyon or in Normandy all the cowboys for a real western BBQ evening. LOL

Normandie2.JPG

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Thats a great sentiment!!!!
First thing you'll have to do. Learn what BBQ is.
BBQ is meat slow cooked by in direct heat usually between 220 f and 275 at most.
Large hunks of meat like a brisket can take 20 hours or more.
Your average yardbird takes around 4 hours as does a rack of baby backs.

With American BBQ spreading around the world there are now places in your own country that can come close to Texas traditional BBQ...
THE NEW WORLD SMOKE I Site officiel, avis, prix et réservation en ligne
Just remember....putting a hunk of meat over a fire or charcoal is not BBQ.

BBQ is meat slow cooked by in direct heat usually between 220 f and 275 at most.

With American BBQ spreading around the world there are now places in your own country that can come close to Texas traditional BBQ...
Thank you, we are doing very good BBQ here, the food is very good but the French are all soft LOL, I mean they do not dance, they do not have fun, I'm the only one dancing, and I would really like to meet real cowboys, here they pretend to be cowboys but they are not ... here is a picture of a French "cowboy" during a reconstitution.

SSM17706.JPG

Oh.....
There are certain types of meat that you should BBQ.
The most popular being brisket,ribs,chicken,sausage and pork.
You can smoke many others,which isn't the same as BBQing, like salmon,cheese,oysters,nuts,jerky and a shitloud of other stuff.

Oh.....
You can smoke many others,which isn't the same as BBQing, like salmon,cheese,oysters,nuts,jerky and a shitloud of other stuff.
My favorites are beef skewers:thup:

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Thank you, we are doing very good BBQ here, the food is very good but the French are all soft LOL, I mean they do not dance, they do not have fun, I'm the only one dancing, and I would really like to meet real cowboys, here they pretend to be cowboys but they are not ... here is a picture of a French "cowboy" during a reconstitution.

View attachment 275406

Awww fer fucks sake!!!!!
If you ever get the chance to to travel to Texas I'd be happy to show you the real deal.
I've been BBQing for over 30 years 4 of those in the competition circuit.
I'd love to show ya the real deal.

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!
You aren't calling that BBQ are you?

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!
Yes, it is pretty good but not cook for long time

View attachment 275406

Awww fer fucks sake!!!!!
If you ever get the chance to to travel to Texas I'd be happy to show you the real deal.

View attachment 275406

Awww fer fucks sake!!!!!
Maybe one day I'll go there, I'd like

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!

That's grilling.
It's performed over direct heat.
BBQing is performed over indirect heat using real wood splits.
This is a BBQ pit.....the fire is built in a firebox off to the side and the meat is cooked by indirect heat and smoke.

HARK_TEXAS_PRO_image08_BBQXL.jpg

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!
This is bbq in Tx-

upload_2019-8-21_18-7-42.jpeg

upload_2019-8-21_18-8-6.jpeg

upload_2019-8-21_18-11-17.jpeg

View attachment 275406

Awww fer fucks sake!!!!!

View attachment 275406

Awww fer fucks sake!!!!!
Maybe one day I'll go there, I'd like
Texas is a great place.

Last edited:
Well, one day I would like to have at home at Lyon or in Normandy all the cowboys for a real western BBQ evening. LOL

View attachment 275398

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Well first ya gotta know that barbeque and grilling are different things. Barbeque is cooking things at low temperatures for a long time and smoke is usually involved (not always) while grilling involves hot fires, high temperatures and cooking things fast.
Pork shoulder and beef brisket are tough cuts so benifit from barbeque that takes long hours to cook while more tender beef steaks benifit from grilling that requires only minutes.

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!
This is bbq in Tx-

View attachment 275407

View attachment 275408

View attachment 275409

Ahhhhh...no it's not.

View attachment 275398

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Well first ya gotta know that barbeque and grilling are different things. Barbeque is cooking things at low temperatures for a long time and smoke is usually involved (not always) while grilling involves hot fires, high temperatures and cooking things fast.
Pork shoulder and beef brisket are tough cuts so benifit from barbeque that takes long hours to cook while more tender beef steaks benifit from grilling that requires only minutes.

Yep....
I will say that as a member of many BBQ message boards the yankees are finally catching on to real BBQ.

View attachment 275398

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Yep....
I will say that as a member of many BBQ message boards the yankees are finally catching on to real BBQ.

Well as I'm a southern boy from Carolina country, I have barbeque included in my genetic code.

View attachment 275398

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Yep....

Well as I'm a southern boy from Carolina country, I have barbeque included in my genetic code.

Yall are coded to pork no doubt!
I love the different sauces used in the Carolinas for pork!!
Being a Texan we look to the perfect cooked brisket,no rub other than S and P, and no sauce.

View attachment 275398

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Yep....

Yall are coded to pork no doubt!
I love the different sauces used in the Carolinas for pork!!
Being a Texan we look to the perfect cooked brisket,no rub other than S and P, and no sauce.

I can do both and my meat don't need no stinkin sauce either.

Sauce is for rank amatures that need to hide the taste of the crap they cook.

Wanna start a stick burner vs pellet pooper fight? I can play either side.

Oh.....

brochette_boeuf.jpg

Wait.....Hold up!!!!!
This is bbq in Tx-

View attachment 275407

View attachment 275408

View attachment 275409

Ahhhhh...no it's not.
Yes it is, but I understand what you are saying. Unless you haven’t lived outside Tx for awhile, you don’t understand how hard it is to get even a full brisket here, or any bbq place to serve it. I know, a barrel smoker, like you posted is the most common home use for bbq smoking.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back