BBC Confesses and Vows To Reform

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/06/17/nbbc217.xml

BBC report finds bias within corporation

By Gary Cleland
Last Updated: 1:04pm BST 17/06/2007

The BBC has failed to promote proper debate on major political issues because of the inherent liberal culture of its staff, a report commissioned by the corporation has concluded.

The report claims that coverage of single-issue political causes, such as climate change and poverty, can be biased - and is particularly critical of Live 8 coverage, which it says amounted to endorsement.

I that is one way for this corporate news station to excuse not reporting on certain things anymore?

I wonder if Faux Noise will follow suit and confess their liberal bias and reform?

I that is one way for this corporate news station to excuse not reporting on certain things anymore?

I wonder if Faux Noise will follow suit and confess their liberal bias and reform?

Is that an 'I' or a '1'?

Where does it say they are going to stop reporting on things? All it says is that they recognize theat what that the manner ion which they are reporting is biased to the left and that they will attempt to adjust accordingly.

I humbly remind you to read what is written and accept that and stop following the wild tangents your mind takes you on. Every repsonse you give seems to propose the most extreme action or reaction that can be taken will be the most likely one. Come on, is it realistic to think that the BBS is going to stop covering all together the political topics it has identified a bias towards?

That fox is to the right of most all other media outlets does not in of iteself mean they are biased as well. The difference between fox and the other channels is that when there is right wing bias in their reporting or pieces they say so. Where PMSNBC and CNN pretend that thir left wing bias is objective and neutral

Why should Fox News reform?

The fact is, you see bias because you are brainwashed by the MSM to the liberal POV. Anything to the right of that gets labelled "conservative-biased."

You don't question some of pure left-wing slanted garbage, but because Fox News doesn't march in lockstep with MSM it's somehow the one that's dishonest.

Well, I call bullshit.

Have you seen te studies which show those who get their news from Faux Noise are the lest informed of viewers?

Well, I knew that the Telegraph is a Murdoch publication - in essence, the "Fox News" of the UK.

So, instead of reading what they tell me to think about the report, I went to the actual report itself:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/asset...ity_business/business_impartiality_report.pdf

The conclusions state that while there have been some, individual lapses in the impartiality of BBC coverage, overall BBC coverage is quite good, well trusted, and impartial.

Forum List

Back