Batteries now have a 5 minute charge time.

So tell me if your neighbor's yard is a trash heap do you say "Why should I clean up my yard?"

How much should we waste...err...invest to capture a ton of carbon dioxide when we can see
China just throwing another tire on the fire?
we don't have to capture it we just have to produce less of it.

We should stop wasting money to capture it? Ok.
I never once said anything about capturing CO2

that was all you.

Are you familiar with that monumental waste of time, energy and money?

Yes but that is not the same as doing something as simple as reducing emissions.

reducing emissions isn't expensive

How much more are you willing to spend to reduce your emissions by one ton?

I don't have to spend more I just have to spend on different things.

Exactly. I bought myself an electric mower awhile back. It wasn't more than a regular mower. It's cool. It's lightweight compared to an ICE mower. It's quiet. I can go out and cut my grass on a Sunday morning and not bother the neighbors.

My yard is too big for an electric mower.

But there are many things other than replacing a gas engine with an electric that can be done to reduce a carbon footprint.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

These people have been programmed by People.com and YahooNews............

Meanwhile in the real world...............

http://gcep.stanford.edu/pdfs/RxsY3908kaqwVPacX9DLcQ/niweidou_coal_mar05.pdf
yes we know China uses coal so we should all just pollute as much as we want because it doesn't matter

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.
An EV can replace a daily driver for most people today.

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

My next car will be electric. The reasons not to seem to diminish every day.
I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.
Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive as shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

That's not a reason not to try to reduce emissions here.

But why?

Just so you can feel less guilty? Because it is completely illogical.......particularly when it takes $ out of peoples pockets and accomplishes nothing..........zero........egg. d0y........if the USA disappeared from the face of the earth for 100 years, temperatures would fall just a fraction of a degree. Scientific fact.

s0n........youve been sold a bag of dog doo. Only programmed people sign on to global warming theory. Time to do a little research outside the matrix and the dots will be able to then be connected.

So tell me if your neighbor's yard is a trash heap do you say "Why should I clean up my yard?"

fake

the analogy is ghey

no it's not it happens to be quite correct.

You say we shouldn't care about pollution or carbon emissions because China doesn't.

So my analogy is just a scaled down version of your statement.

Why?

I will tell you why........

Because there is a steep price to it in the form of significantly higher taxes that are 100% necessary when embracing renewables. People who dont own anything are usually the biggest proponents of the Green New Deal.

So the question becomes........when your car is stuttering and stalling, who gives a mechanic the ok to pop new tires onto the car to fix the problem?

d0y

Now....a sensible idea to support your assertion that we should do everything we can to lower emissions works IF we can build a mammoth lexan window to run to 35,000 feet high and all the way around the world to cut us off from China. I mean dUh......otherwise the idea is insane.

We can reduce emissions without crashing the economy.

Why is it you people can only consider the extremes of any topic?

At a cost of 71 trillion ( UN estimate, not mine )

I'll go with thats not going to work :113:

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.
An EV can replace a daily driver for most people today.

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

My next car will be electric. The reasons not to seem to diminish every day.
I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.
Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive as shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

That's not a reason not to try to reduce emissions here.

But why?

Just so you can feel less guilty? Because it is completely illogical.......particularly when it takes $ out of peoples pockets and accomplishes nothing..........zero........egg. d0y........if the USA disappeared from the face of the earth for 100 years, temperatures would fall just a fraction of a degree. Scientific fact.

s0n........youve been sold a bag of dog doo. Only programmed people sign on to global warming theory. Time to do a little research outside the matrix and the dots will be able to then be connected.

fake

the analogy is ghey

no it's not it happens to be quite correct.

You say we shouldn't care about pollution or carbon emissions because China doesn't.

So my analogy is just a scaled down version of your statement.

Why?

I will tell you why........

Because there is a steep price to it in the form of significantly higher taxes that are 100% necessary when embracing renewables. People who dont own anything are usually the biggest proponents of the Green New Deal.

So the question becomes........when your car is stuttering and stalling, who gives a mechanic the ok to pop new tires onto the car to fix the problem?

d0y

Now....a sensible idea to support your assertion that we should do everything we can to lower emissions works IF we can build a mammoth lexan window to run to 35,000 feet high and all the way around the world to cut us off from China. I mean dUh......otherwise the idea is insane.

We can reduce emissions without crashing the economy.

Why is it you people can only consider the extremes of any topic?

At a cost of 71 trillion ( UN estimate, not mine )

I'll go with thats not going to work :113:

Thank you for proving my point that you cannot think in any other terms but the absolute extremes

How much should we waste...err...invest to capture a ton of carbon dioxide when we can see

that was all you.

Yes but that is not the same as doing something as simple as reducing emissions.

Exactly. I bought myself an electric mower awhile back. It wasn't more than a regular mower. It's cool. It's lightweight compared to an ICE mower. It's quiet. I can go out and cut my grass on a Sunday morning and not bother the neighbors.

But there are many things other than replacing a gas engine with an electric that can be done to reduce a carbon footprint.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

yes we know China uses coal so we should all just pollute as much as we want because it doesn't matter

yeah thats kinda the idea you dummy!! :hello77:

BTW........most voters ( by far ) dont care about climate change.

that was all you.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

yeah thats kinda the idea you dummy!! :hello77:

BTW........most voters ( by far ) dont care about climate change.
yeah why should we care if our air and water are a little cleaner after all China uses coal so it doesn't matter

It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?

It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?
It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV

It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV

The ignorance of electricity is appalling!

Didn't you read the details yet?

If you bothered to read what I said you would see that I never once said it would work with an EV battery bank did I?

If you bothered to read what I said you would see that I never once said it would work with an EV battery bank did I?

Who wrote this nonsense?

Who wrote this nonsense?

once again if you bothered to read the link in the OP you would see that whatever company it was has introduced fast charging cell phone batteries

Who wrote this nonsense?

once again if you bothered to read the link in the OP you would see that whatever company it was has introduced fast charging cell phone batteries

Oh jeez are you awake?

I am the one who posted a better link on the topic at post 53, where the basic details makes it clear it is expensive and requires a large increase in power production..

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

I am the one who posted a better link on the topic at post 53, where the basic details makes it clear it is expensive and requires a large increase in power production..
Really a fast charging cell phone battery will require a large increase in power production?

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Really a fast charging cell phone battery will require a large increase in power production?

Sigh, I am talking about CAR batteries, you are really slow and thick today.

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

And you might notice I never said it would work on car batteries.

So you are attributing to me things I never said.

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

:auiqs.jpg:

The article starts off with this statement:

"Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes have been produced in a factory for the first time, marking a significant step towards electric cars becoming as fast to charge as filling up petrol or diesel vehicles."

The only mention of phone batteries in the entire article, it was mentioned in passing:

"StoreDot has already demonstrated its “extreme fast-charging” battery in phones...."

You are one dishonest jerk!

The headline of the article was primarily about CAR batteries:

Electric car batteries with five-minute charging times produced

I never talked about the goddam phones! but YOU originally stated, post 3 :
It's a big leap from a cell phone battery to a battery bank in an electric car

I pointed out that people are not paying attention to the details to which YOU responded with babble about phone batteries, while I was responding to the ARTICLE about CAR batteries being fast charged, phone batteries was barely mentioned:

I wrote: "It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?"

Your reply,

"It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV."

You have yet to realize the details...., and the high cost of the fast charging CAR batteries

You are an asshole!

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

"Batteries capable of fully charging in five minutes have been produced in a factory for the first time, marking a significant step towards electric cars becoming as fast to charge as filling up petrol or diesel vehicles."

The only mention of phone batteries in the entire article, it was mentioned in passing:

"StoreDot has already demonstrated its “extreme fast-charging” battery in phones...."

I pointed out that people are not paying attention to the details to which YOU responded with babble about phone batteries, while I was responding to the ARTICLE about CAR batteries being fast charged, phone batteries was barely mentioned:

I wrote: "It appears no one here has realized how unfeasible the 5 min battery charge idea is, haven't anyone realized what is required to make it work?"

Your reply,

"It might work on a cell phone battery but Like I said there is a huge difference between a cell phone battery and the battery bank of an EV."

You have yet to realize the details...., and the high cost of the fast charging CAR batteries

You are an asshole!
yes they were cell phone batteries, and batteries for drones.

you might want to read past the first line.

And I never once said that there would be 5 minute charging car batteries did I?

Who wrote this nonsense?

Oh jeez are you awake?

Your reply,

You are an asshole!
yes they were cell phone batteries, and batteries for drones.

you might want to read past the first line.

And I never once said that there would be 5 minute charging car batteries did I?

It was mentioned in passing, the article HEADLINE was about CAR batteries!

You wrote this:
It's a big leap from a cell phone battery to a battery bank in an electric car.

You didn't say there wouldn't be either..... :rolleyes:

Why are you being dishonest here, trying to backpedal?

New Topics

Forum List

Back