Batteries now have a 5 minute charge time.

So tell me if your neighbor's yard is a trash heap do you say "Why should I clean up my yard?"

How much should we waste...err...invest to capture a ton of carbon dioxide when we can see
China just throwing another tire on the fire?
we don't have to capture it we just have to produce less of it.

We should stop wasting money to capture it? Ok.
I never once said anything about capturing CO2

that was all you.

Are you familiar with that monumental waste of time, energy and money?

Yes but that is not the same as doing something as simple as reducing emissions.

reducing emissions isn't expensive

So tell me if your neighbor's yard is a trash heap do you say "Why should I clean up my yard?"

How much should we waste...err...invest to capture a ton of carbon dioxide when we can see

that was all you.

Yes but that is not the same as doing something as simple as reducing emissions.

How much more are you willing to spend to reduce your emissions by one ton?

that was all you.

I don't have to spend more I just have to spend on different things.

that was all you.

Exactly. I bought myself an electric mower awhile back. It wasn't more than a regular mower. It's cool. It's lightweight compared to an ICE mower. It's quiet. I can go out and cut my grass on a Sunday morning and not bother the neighbors.

that was all you.

Exactly. I bought myself an electric mower awhile back. It wasn't more than a regular mower. It's cool. It's lightweight compared to an ICE mower. It's quiet. I can go out and cut my grass on a Sunday morning and not bother the neighbors.

My yard is too big for an electric mower.

But there are many things other than replacing a gas engine with an electric that can be done to reduce a carbon footprint.

that was all you.

How much CO2 does your electric utility emit?

that was all you.

How much CO2 does your electric utility emit?

I guess that is something for you to worry about. I noted the benefits and why I chose it. Why does that bother you?

Which different things?

For one you can get as many things as possible delivered to you because 1 truck stopping at 100 houses uses far less gas than 100 people driving to three or four stores.

You can but products that don't come in single use plastic but rather that come in recyclable or compostable materials.

you can recycle bottles, cans cardboard paper etc.

Compost your organic food waste

turn your thermostat down a couple degrees

there is more to your carbon footprint than just the gasoline you use

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.
An EV can replace a daily driver for most people today.

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

My next car will be electric. The reasons not to seem to diminish every day.
I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.
Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive as shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

That's not a reason not to try to reduce emissions here.

But why?

Just so you can feel less guilty? Because it is completely illogical.......particularly when it takes $ out of peoples pockets and accomplishes nothing..........zero........egg. d0y........if the USA disappeared from the face of the earth for 100 years, temperatures would fall just a fraction of a degree. Scientific fact.

s0n........youve been sold a bag of dog doo. Only programmed people sign on to global warming theory. Time to do a little research outside the matrix and the dots will be able to then be connected.

fake

the analogy is ghey

no it's not it happens to be quite correct.

You say we shouldn't care about pollution or carbon emissions because China doesn't.

So my analogy is just a scaled down version of your statement.

Why?

I will tell you why........

Because there is a steep price to it in the form of significantly higher taxes that are 100% necessary when embracing renewables. People who dont own anything are usually the biggest proponents of the Green New Deal.

So the question becomes........when your car is stuttering and stalling, who gives a mechanic the ok to pop new tires onto the car to fix the problem?

d0y

Now....a sensible idea to support your assertion that we should do everything we can to lower emissions works IF we can build a mammoth lexan window to run to 35,000 feet high and all the way around the world to cut us off from China. I mean dUh......otherwise the idea is insane.

We should base our decision on what China does? Does that really somehow make sense to you?

We should waste trillions to reduce our CO2 when all China does it negate our reduction? Does that really somehow make sense to you?

What we do does not have anything to do with what China does. China has become a crutch with some of you. Anything you do not like the response is "China, China, China. It's a disease.

What we do does not have anything to do with what China does.

Should we waste trillions to filter our rivers to eliminate any trace of toxin when we can see China,
just downstream from us, dumping tons of cadmium and lead into the water?

What have we gained with our trillions in investment?

The river is more polluted than ever.

Buy a geography book. Then stay on topic. This is about a move from the 19 th century technology to 21st Century technology.

Is the geograpy book going to show that China's CO2 doesn't impact us?

We have covered your argument. Rant all you want. The number of electric cars is going to grow.

Yup.

And so are China's CO2 emissions. We're melting!!!
China has committed to tackle this and should be encouraged. You have a very narrow focus on this issue.

Man you are a programmed rube...............a sucker for matrix thinking.

http://gcep.stanford.edu/pdfs/RxsY3908kaqwVPacX9DLcQ/niweidou_coal_mar05.pdf

that was all you.

My yard is too big for an electric mower.

But there are many things other than replacing a gas engine with an electric that can be done to reduce a carbon footprint.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

These people have been programmed by People.com and YahooNews............

Meanwhile in the real world...............

http://gcep.stanford.edu/pdfs/RxsY3908kaqwVPacX9DLcQ/niweidou_coal_mar05.pdf

Hey if people want to buy electric everything, knock yourself out. Im all for it. But dont tell me what I have to buy or choose to use.
Oh.....and if you really cared, you'd open up your wallet and give alot more than youre giving if you believe in this stuff. Amen.......Im all for it.

Hey if people want to buy electric everything, knock yourself out. Im all for it. But dont tell me what I have to buy or choose to use.
Oh.....and if you really cared, you'd open up your wallet and give alot more than youre giving if you believe in this stuff. Amen.......Im all for it.

Hardly anyone cares what you buy. It's a paranoia to believe otherwise. I bought an electric lawn mower. I noted why and what I see as the benefits. Can you go guy a gas mower? Is there anyone stopping you?

By the way, how much extra are you paying for the things you support?

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.
An EV can replace a daily driver for most people today.

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

My next car will be electric. The reasons not to seem to diminish every day.
I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.
Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive as shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

That's not a reason not to try to reduce emissions here.

But why?

Just so you can feel less guilty? Because it is completely illogical.......particularly when it takes $ out of peoples pockets and accomplishes nothing..........zero........egg. d0y........if the USA disappeared from the face of the earth for 100 years, temperatures would fall just a fraction of a degree. Scientific fact.

s0n........youve been sold a bag of dog doo. Only programmed people sign on to global warming theory. Time to do a little research outside the matrix and the dots will be able to then be connected.

fake

the analogy is ghey

no it's not it happens to be quite correct.

You say we shouldn't care about pollution or carbon emissions because China doesn't.

So my analogy is just a scaled down version of your statement.

Why?

I will tell you why........

Because there is a steep price to it in the form of significantly higher taxes that are 100% necessary when embracing renewables. People who dont own anything are usually the biggest proponents of the Green New Deal.

So the question becomes........when your car is stuttering and stalling, who gives a mechanic the ok to pop new tires onto the car to fix the problem?

d0y

Now....a sensible idea to support your assertion that we should do everything we can to lower emissions works IF we can build a mammoth lexan window to run to 35,000 feet high and all the way around the world to cut us off from China. I mean dUh......otherwise the idea is insane.

We can reduce emissions without crashing the economy.

Why is it you people can only consider the extremes of any topic?

Forum List

Back