Batteries now have a 5 minute charge time.

In a decade we will even laugh at that.
Imagine how much laughing we'll be doing at a LOT of tech-oriented stuff in 10, 20, 30 years.
Watch tv shows from the 80s and look at the phones they were using, or the computers. Floppy discs,betamax and walkmans. All stepping stones.

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.

I've said this for a long time when people complain about the shortcomings of electric vehicles. The reply has been that they are simply a stepping stone to the next thing. Oddly many think staying in the 19th century is the answer.
An EV can replace a daily driver for most people today.

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

In a decade we will even laugh at that.
Imagine how much laughing we'll be doing at a LOT of tech-oriented stuff in 10, 20, 30 years.
Watch tv shows from the 80s and look at the phones they were using, or the computers. Floppy discs,betamax and walkmans. All stepping stones.
in the mean time the morality of mankind has gone in which direction

When I get rid of my truck I an considering an EV for my daily driver but I don't think I will get rid of my Jeep any time soon.

My next car will be electric. The reasons not to seem to diminish every day.

My commutes are far too long, being in construction I work all over the place. An SUV or Truck is a requirement. Need towing capabilities with 4X4 for work and recreational purposes.
I see no EV that fits the bill for me.

I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.

I have a Volt, I will be getting rid of it and will not be replacing it with an electric. The state charges more for EV with an additional $250 tax over the tag costs. Almost $400 a year for my electric as opposed to my Denali and K900 at $130 a piece.
but if you add up the gas taxes you would have paid is it less than the additional fees for the EV?

Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.

Thats a bizarre set up. Our taxation is geared to encouraging lower emission cars. The lower the emissions the lower the tax. I would expect this to become more pronounced.
Our highway system is funded by gasoline taxes.

federal and state governments will need to replace the revenue lost as fewer people buy gasoline.

So we will either see higher excise taxes or some sort of per mile driven tax to make up for the lost revenue

Tom never asks the obvious question that people with even half a brain do ask, which is...........

"At what cost?"

d0y

Business drives societies. Nobody wants electric shit that costs a fortune. That is exactly why solar power continues to provide only miniscule amounts of electricity to our country.

federal and state governments will need to replace the revenue lost as fewer people buy gasoline.

So we will either see higher excise taxes or some sort of per mile driven tax to make up for the lost revenue
Im sure I paid road tolls when I drove in the US.

I suppose someone has to pay for the upkeep of the roads. What about a tax on Amazon profits ? Or take it out of the defence budget.

Im sure I paid road tolls when I drove in the US.

I suppose someone has to pay for the upkeep of the roads. What about a tax on Amazon profits ? Or take it out of the defence budget.
tolls don't even come close to what the gas tax brings in

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive as shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

Quick ?

Why go to an expensive a shit car that is electric, presumably to reduce emissions and tackle global warming while China continues to open all of these coal plants every single year?

Connect the dots for me s0n.............

We should base our decision on what China does? Does that really somehow make sense to you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back