baseball players should be allowed to fight each other, like in hockey, my friends

there's already a precedent to this. check this pic out!

It is time to face some facts about baseball.

1. It is seen as boring by the populace that needs stimulated by violent acts and faced paced action.

2. Baseball is a sport of have and have nots, which means about half of baseball teams have no chance due to the payroll discrepancies, leading to more and more disinterest.

Baseball is dead, but if they begin to allow violent attacks on the field maybe more will tune in.

This is a personal opinion, any professional player would agree this takes away from the game and serves no purpose whatsoever

There is a difference. Hockey players wear pads whereas baseball players do not.

I went to the fights last Friday night. Wouldn't you know? A hockey game broke out. Yeah, that's an old Rodney Dangerfield joke but hockey as a professional sport is simply a joke.

Hockey fights are often staged. Watch the hockey officials on the ice stand back and watch the action. The referee will then shoot the other linesman nearby a glance and a nod that it is time to break it up!

95% of the crowd at a hockey game and on TV can never tell a goal has even been scored until the light on the goal comes on! The game is too fast and the puck is too small for anyone to see much. Hockey looks like a beginner's figure skating class with both halves the class dressed like each other.

It is time to face some facts about baseball.

1. It is seen as boring by the populace that needs stimulated by violent acts and faced paced action.

2. Baseball is a sport of have and have nots, which means about half of baseball teams have no chance due to the payroll discrepancies, leading to more and more disinterest.

Baseball is dead, but if they begin to allow violent attacks on the field maybe more will tune in.
Baseball's biggest issues are,

1) Takes too long to play the game. It just gets worse every year.
2) Games are scheduled for times that most kids can't watch them. Therefore, their parents don't either.

There are already bench clearing brawls in baseball. Doesn't add to enhancing the environment.
Just delays the game more. :)

Baseball's biggest issues are,

1) Takes too long to play the game. It just gets worse every year.
2) Games are scheduled for times that most kids can't watch them. Therefore, their parents don't either.

There are already bench clearing brawls in baseball. Doesn't add to enhancing the environment.
Just delays the game more. :)
You need to watch the movie Moneyball.

It is a true story that splains things better.

You need to watch the movie Moneyball.

It is a true story that splains things better.
I've watched Moneyball many times. Great movie. Still no World Series for Billy Beane. One of the most overrated GM's of our era.
Hell, Tampa Bay has been closer to the big prize more times than the A's have been.

Moneyball was primarily about the method of building a winning team.
Not about the pace of play or attracting new and younger fans.

Remember the 70's? I watched two World Series games in 1975 that were finished before 5PM in the afternoon.
Sure they were weekend games but the point holds. Lots of kids and younger fans watching the game.

I've watched Moneyball many times. Great movie. Still no World Series for Billy Beane. One of the most overrated GM's of our era.
Hell, Tampa Bay has been closer to the big prize more times than the A's have been.

Moneyball was primarily about the method of building a winning team.
Not about the pace of play or attracting new and younger fans.

Remember the 70's? I watched two World Series games in 1975 that were finished before 5PM in the afternoon.
Sure they were weekend games but the point holds. Lots of kids and younger fans watching the game.
All you have to do is go down the list of teams that make the playoffs and who win a world series.

It all points to big market team domination.

Winning brings fans and teams that never win slowly have died.

So who has more fans who buy tickets? Is it the Yankees or the Reds? The Yankees do by far, and all because of winning.

Speaking of the Reds, in the 70's they were a winning team who had a myriad of fans show up every game and had a national following. In fact, the Reds are the only team to sweep the Yankees in a World Series in 1976. But today in Cincinnati, you are more apt to have more fans in the stands for winning teams at their own stadium than fans of their own.

All you have to do is go down the list of teams that make the playoffs and who win a world series.

It all points to big market team domination.

Winning brings fans and teams that never win slowly have died.

So who has more fans who buy tickets? Is it the Yankees or the Reds?

Speaking of the Reds, in the 70's they were a winning team who had a myriad of fans show up every game and had a national following. But today, you are more apt to have more fans in the stands for winning teams at their own stadium than fans of their own.
A big market does not always guarantee a World Series win. Best example I can think of is the Yankees 2001 loss to the Diamondbacks.
One of the most satisfying World Series endings in my memory.

The problems with pro baseball are the replay reviews, the conferences, the endless substitutions, conferences on the mound, etc. No reason why most pro teams couldn't pair it down and get it done within 2 hours.

There is a difference. Hockey players wear pads whereas baseball players do not.

I went to the fights last Friday night. Wouldn't you know? A hockey game broke out. Yeah, that's an old Rodney Dangerfield joke but hockey as a professional sport is simply a joke.

Hockey fights are often staged. Watch the hockey officials on the ice stand back and watch the action. The referee will then shoot the other linesman nearby a glance and a nod that it is time to break it up!

95% of the crowd at a hockey game and on TV can never tell a goal has even been scored until the light on the goal comes on! The game is too fast and the puck is too small for anyone to see much. Hockey looks like a beginner's figure skating class with both halves the class dressed like each other.
You are right about the crowd not being able to tell. However it is the set up of the goal that is artistic. 95% of everything that leads to the goal itself in those situations is a work of excellence. Hockey ice is about 4 times larger then Basketball. Looking at it from a higher perspective from the lower bowl and the upper bowl of a stadium shows you the development of plays. Hockey is considered a regional sport or a localized one. With a smaller percentage of people as avid fans. Unlike Basketball, Hockey has less drama queens. Hockey has legislated most fights out of the sport. Why they fight I do not know. All i know is that the greatest era for me was the Philadelphia Flyers for about five or six years starting around 1970 or so. Incredible.

If chess players were allowed to fight each other it might add some excitement to the games.

Forum List

Back