Baseball is back on!!!!

Play ball

Whoopie dee fucking do. Bunch of over paid shits, who sit there all day, hit a ball maybe 1/3 of the time if lucky, and then in the field stand around doing nothing most of the game. At one time it was the American Past Time, but when the players went on strike, prices rose for tickets, so the cheaters could use Roids, no longer is it the game people love, just another bunch of greedy fucks who stick it to the normal people. I contribute nothing to the organized sports...

Good news, Bear! It isn't summer without baseball.

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks....

No fans in the stands, but at least they'll be playing.

I don't understand why all these rule changes, like tie games and such--they want to keep the games short? How come

I don't understand why all these rule changes, like tie games and such--they want to keep the games short? How come
Agreed! I've about had it with the NBA and the NFL but I still want to see baseball. Hopefully they'll relax the no fans rule toward the end of the season. After all of the crap that 2020 has brought us, I would dearly love to sit in the stands at Chase Field and watch my Diamondbacks play live.

Agreed! I've about had it with the NBA and the NFL but I still want to see baseball. Hopefully they'll relax the no fans rule toward the end of the season. After all of the crap that 2020 has brought us, I would dearly love to sit in the stands at Chase Field and watch my Diamondbacks play live.
Paying 6 dollars for a beer and 3.50 for a bag of peanuts. Oh the days of the Reds, when a ticket was 2 bucks, you could bring your own popcorn and buy a soda for 50 cents. Players played for the fun of the game, because they loved to play, now they love that all mighty dollar, couldnt give a shit if they win or lose, just pay their obscene salaries. If every fan went on strike for 1 year demanding that the ticket prices be lowered by 75% , then those players would realize their worth....

Paying 6 dollars for a beer and 3.50 for a bag of peanuts. Oh the days of the Reds, when a ticket was 2 bucks, you could bring your own popcorn and buy a soda for 50 cents. Players played for the fun of the game, because they loved to play, now they love that all mighty dollar, couldnt give a shit if they win or lose, just pay their obscene salaries. If every fan went on strike for 1 year demanding that the ticket prices be lowered by 75% , then those players would realize their worth....
True, but that's not going to happen. And I still love the game and just want to see some live baseball. As long as they don't kneel during the anthem I'm good with a 6 dollar beer. Just speaking for myself of course.

To each his own, but nothing like Wrigley Field on a summer day in the bleachers

Yeah that’s the part I hate to honest. A couple of years ago I went to a game at citi field. It was 90 + and seats were metal. It was unbearable hot and the stupid game went to extra innings. After the game the par lot was a shit show and I literally didn’t move for 2 hours. Neve again will I go to a baseball game.

To each his own, but nothing like Wrigley Field on a summer day in the bleachers

Yeah that’s the part I hate to honest. A couple of years ago I went to a game at citi field. It was 90 + and seats were metal. It was unbearable hot and the stupid game went to extra innings. After the game the par lot was a shit show and I literally didn’t move for 2 hours. Neve again will I go to a baseball game.

All about atmosphere, hell us cubbies don't even bother to watch the game half the time. Just there for the party

All about atmosphere, hell us cubbies don't even bother to watch the game half the time. Just there for the party

10 years ago I got to watch a game at wrigley. It was awesome. My second favorite next to Fenway

Uhm...where is Wrigley Field again?

Summer in Chicago? Do you know what has been going on in Chicago? Do you think the BLM is going to let YOU watch a game?
yep, summer in chicago is fun. sorry to break your bubble. wrigley feild is awesome and cub fans are the most poleasant people on earth. They travel better than any baseball team on the planet. I have sat with them in cincinatti many times and they adopt my whole familiy into thier group every time even though we root for different teams. Also great fishing and boating in chicago. I am pleased your worthless ass that does nothing but complain will not be showing up at games. Sit with your pecker in your hands for all i care real people like sports and the out doors and even like some o f the people they meet at these outings. Glad your bitching ass does not show up.

Play ball

Thank you bear! i have missed listening to reds and indians on the radio. For years I and my clientel have listened on my fishing charters while slaying the walleye. I have a grat many clients that fish with me from chicago every year and cubs fans tend to be the nicest people on earth. I have a buddy that charters with me every year who played in the cubs farm club. he has a tatoo of Abraham Lincold in a cubs uni on his right fore arm. I look forward to his group coming every year. They fish like hell then we head out to south bass and tear up that island. My favorite charter every year. I love thise guys.

Summer in Chicago? Do you know what has been going on in Chicago? Do you think the BLM is going to let YOU watch a game?
yep, summer in chicago is fun. sorry to break your bubble. wrigley feild is awesome and cub fans are the most poleasant people on earth. They travel better than any baseball team on the planet. I have sat with them in cincinatti many times and they adopt my whole familiy into thier group every time even though we root for different teams. Also great fishing and boating in chicago. I am pleased your worthless ass that does nothing but complain will not be showing up at games. Sit with your pecker in your hands for all i care real people like sports and the out doors and even like some o f the people they meet at these outings. Glad your bitching ass does not show up.
I am not talking about cub fans or white sox fans(isnt white a racist term?) I am talking about the murdering of hundreds in the local area. Again, do you think that it wont spill over to the north side?

I am not talking about cub fans or white sox fans(isnt white a racist term?) I am talking about the murdering of hundreds in the local area. Again, do you think that it wont spill over to the north side?
I have been to chicago many many times and have never felt any sort of fear from my surroundings ever. Just like in the

That is why you park at a park and ride at the edge of the city and take a bus down town to the stadiums avoid all of that stuff Same strategy is used for festivals. Com fest in columbus brings in 2 million people at times no way you find a parking spot. Park and ride soolves these issues just know when the last bus leaves. If I go to Boston I park in Needham and train my way into city. Chicago I typically take a boat and dock then taxi. Every city has a way to not bring our car in with you exceot LA. You must have a car to get around LA. If ya go to islands make sure you know when the last ferry leaves. I have a habit of drinking a bit to much on the island miss the last ferry and end up sleeping in a park. I am never the only one to make that mistake. Gotta learn the secrets of travel.

When things are to expensive you stop going to it, limit your times to see it, or stop altogether. Where I live, why spend a few hundred bucks at a basketball game for one night when I can spend a few days at the beach at a motel. Its all about wha tyou find favorable. I did the same thing when I live up North and took vacations. The South Jersey are became to expensive. I just drove further away and found guaranteed warmer weather and ocean water. The dollar goes further when you think things out to other things you like. There will be more transitions as the coastal areas become to expensive. The rural areas can build large complexes for vacationing as an example. The prices will be competitive as in more foe the money, and it will be safe if they do so.

Forum List

Back