Baseball is back on!!!!

Play ball

Whoopie dee fucking do. Bunch of over paid shits, who sit there all day, hit a ball maybe 1/3 of the time if lucky, and then in the field stand around doing nothing most of the game. At one time it was the American Past Time, but when the players went on strike, prices rose for tickets, so the cheaters could use Roids, no longer is it the game people love, just another bunch of greedy fucks who stick it to the normal people. I contribute nothing to the organized sports...
That and when players stopped playing for one team their whole careers and started playing musical chairs jumping from one team to another for the next best paycheck along with the owners tearing down classic ballparks the game lost its magic as America’s favorite pastime.

Same as you,I contribute nothing to organized sports now.I thought I would get excited about the NFL again with the Rams finally coming back to LA but the game is far more corrupt now than it was back then before they left for St. Louis that I just buy games from yesteryear over the net and watch them now for both these sports that I loved playing.

playing the last 60 games of the year.wtf.? That rivals anything the NFL has done over the years as plain asinine and stupid and that’s saying a lot with all the crap they have pulled. It’s pointless at this point of the year to have a baseball season.unless it was maybe the cubs,nobody is going to tune into watch the World Series this year :uhoh3:

the only one good thing that does come out of all this is that in a much shorter season,the small market teams have every bit as much a chance to be in the World Series as the next guy does so hopefully will see someone like the twins and the padres play in a World Seriesesd the like the good old days back in the 60,s and 70”s where everybody had as much chance as the next guy to go to the World Series.

Good news, Bear! It isn't summer without baseball.

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks....

No fans in the stands, but at least they'll be playing.

I don't understand why all these rule changes, like tie games and such--they want to keep the games short? How come
Agreed! I've about had it with the NBA and the NFL but I still want to see baseball. Hopefully they'll relax the no fans rule toward the end of the season. After all of the crap that 2020 has brought us, I would dearly love to sit in the stands at Chase Field and watch my Diamondbacks play live.
Paying 6 dollars for a beer and 3.50 for a bag of peanuts. Oh the days of the Reds, when a ticket was 2 bucks, you could bring your own popcorn and buy a soda for 50 cents. Players played for the fun of the game, because they loved to play, now they love that all mighty dollar, couldnt give a shit if they win or lose, just pay their obscene salaries. If every fan went on strike for 1 year demanding that the ticket prices be lowered by 75% , then those players would realize their worth....
:thankusmile::yes_text12::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

that’s what I have been saying for several years now.MLB and the NFL suck balls. Back in the seventys and eightys and before then,players from both sports played the game for the love of the game,now they just play it for the love of the dollar.George Brett in his final years in baseball,he witnessed how the game had changed towards the end of his career from the beginning when he first came up.In his book he talked about how it was disgusting to him watching these players come into the game who would jog down to first base when they hit a grounder to third base.most his career playing he never saw that.back when he was playing,players never thought about the money,they were just thrilled to be in the big leagues able to play the game they loved.

I don't understand why all these rule changes, like tie games and such--they want to keep the games short? How come
Agreed! I've about had it with the NBA and the NFL but I still want to see baseball. Hopefully they'll relax the no fans rule toward the end of the season. After all of the crap that 2020 has brought us, I would dearly love to sit in the stands at Chase Field and watch my Diamondbacks play live.
Well I’m glad you have had it with the NFL :yes_text12: I just wish you had said you have had it with the NFL and MLB as I have.with the cubs finally Winning the world series,there is nothing about baseball to look forward to anymore. After the owners ruined the game getting rid of classic ballparks,that was the one thing that held my interest to baseball was wanting to see the cubs win the World Series someday,we’ll now that that’s happened,there is nothing in baseball to look forward to anymore.

its interesting that the cubs are being talked aa out here cause as it turns out,I put on my cubs shirt today.they have always been my second favorite team after the royals.2015 and 2016 were perfect years for me the fact my royals won the World Series and the the cubs the next season,I could not have scripted it better :yes_text12: :dance:

Last edited:
Play ball

Whoopie dee fucking do. Bunch of over paid shits, who sit there all day, hit a ball maybe 1/3 of the time if lucky, and then in the field stand around doing nothing most of the game. At one time it was the American Past Time, but when the players went on strike, prices rose for tickets, so the cheaters could use Roids, no longer is it the game people love, just another bunch of greedy fucks who stick it to the normal people. I contribute nothing to the organized sports...
Mark mcguire,Sammy Sosa,Barry bonds and roger Clemons should all have astereks next to their last names in the hall of shame which is what the sport is.

Play ball

And zero fucks given. Same or less with the NBA.

I was hoping you would say with the NFL.

If the teams don't maintain their discipline, they'll be joining the list.

To each his own, but nothing like Wrigley Field on a summer day in the bleachers
Uhm...where is Wrigley Field again?

Summer in Chicago? Do you know what has been going on in Chicago? Do you think the BLM is going to let YOU watch a game?
yep, summer in chicago is fun. sorry to break your bubble. wrigley feild is awesome and cub fans are the most poleasant people on earth. They travel better than any baseball team on the planet. I have sat with them in cincinatti many times and they adopt my whole familiy into thier group every time even though we root for different teams. Also great fishing and boating in chicago. I am pleased your worthless ass that does nothing but complain will not be showing up at games. Sit with your pecker in your hands for all i care real people like sports and the out doors and even like some o f the people they meet at these outings. Glad your bitching ass does not show up.
Nice post, thanks.

Yes! Chase Field IS quite nice, I've been there probably a dozen times or so. It's one of the few things I miss about Phoenix. But I DO like it VERY much here in Valparaiso, Indiana, and I hope you DO get to go to some games this season, Mike.

To each his own, but nothing like Wrigley Field on a summer day in the bleachers
Uhm...where is Wrigley Field again?

Summer in Chicago? Do you know what has been going on in Chicago? Do you think the BLM is going to let YOU watch a game?
yep, summer in chicago is fun. sorry to break your bubble. wrigley feild is awesome and cub fans are the most poleasant people on earth. They travel better than any baseball team on the planet. I have sat with them in cincinatti many times and they adopt my whole familiy into thier group every time even though we root for different teams. Also great fishing and boating in chicago. I am pleased your worthless ass that does nothing but complain will not be showing up at games. Sit with your pecker in your hands for all i care real people like sports and the out doors and even like some o f the people they meet at these outings. Glad your bitching ass does not show up.
Nice post, thanks.
no problem.

So here's my issue with it. They are starting over with 60 man rosters and three-plus weeks of "Spring Training."

This is bullshit. What for? They know how to play, they can be taught the signals. Their skills will not improve a bit during this three weeks of wasted time.

If they wanted to play, they could be playing REAL games within four or five days.

I've been jonesing for the sound of ash connecting with horsehide since last October....been PAINFUL not to have my Tigers on MLB.com to bridge the afternoon and the evening. 60 games is better than nothing....They reported TODAY and start working out on Friday....I am AMPED to see the young Tabbies start to grow their claws.

Last edited:
It was a blast in the sixties. People were great.....even the out of towners who may have lost... Fist bumps and "Ya'll kicked some ass tonight". Lets go over to the Home Run Inn at O'hare and get some pizza, man.....Stones jammin in the background...a lil weed,lotsa good beer. Mini skirts.....no aids

Hey bear513 my two favorite teams are the royals since I live in kc and the cubs.i was hoping the royals and cubs would face each other in the 2015 series since one of them would be assured of winning it all but it went even better than I planned having the royals win the series in 2015 and the cubs next year in 2016.i could not cave scripted it any better :thup:

the irony is the cubs won that World Series the same way the royals won their first World Series both having to come back from a three to one deficit. have you ever taken in a game in Kansas City at a royals game.

You have to someday in your life,the cubs and the royals have the two most beautiful ballparks in the country.pac bell ballpark where the giants play however gives the royals a run for their money as the most beautiful modern day ballpark but before they came along,the royals easily had the most beautiful modern day ballpark in the major leagues no contest.

I hate to compare a modern day ballpark like royals stadium to wriggled field but they are the two nicest ballparks in the country.the. UBS with their classic old park with ivy walls and neighborhood buildings behind the outfield wall and the royals for their fountains at night.when you see a game at nighttime with the fountains lit up its beautiful.you may think you have an idea what the ballpark looks like with the fountains at nighttime but trust me,watching a game on tv and looking at the fountains does not do you any justice,you only get to really appreciate how beautiful the stadium is if you see it at night.:cool::)

Yes! Chase Field IS quite nice, I've been there probably a dozen times or so. It's one of the few things I miss about Phoenix. But I DO like it VERY much here in Valparaiso, Indiana, and I hope you DO get to go to some games this season, Mike.
:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :abgg2q.jpg:

you cannot be serious. I got a brother that lives out there and I saw a game out there one time and that place is nothing like a ballpark in the least,it feels more like a shopping mall.Ive seen a lot of ballparks in the country That are nice that I would love to go back to again but chase field is not one of them. That stadium is ugly,most sports fans agree with me as well,it’s ranked in the bottom five of the worst stadiums in mlb baseball:abgg2q.jpg: most of these modern day ballparks like chase field are ugly as hell a few exceptions like the giants stadium of course.

There is a small but growing list of players who have decided to opt out of this shortened season, due to concerns about the Corona Virus.

Presumably, this is because they don't want to become infected, then bring it back to wives and kids. Don't want to get sick and die. On the surface, this seems prudent.

But statistically, it is...stupid. The younger and healthier you are, the less chance that you will suffer ANY effects from this virus. For a professional athlete in his 20's or 30's the chances of getting sick enough to die from it are basically non-existent (same for his wife and kids). No worse than the chances of the chartered plane going down in a fiery crash when traveling from home to an away-game. If they are concerned about Granny, they can keep separate from Granny with minimal inconvenience.

I predict that this season, as well as the basketball and football seasons WILL NOT HAPPEN. A couple players will become infected, others will panic, others will drop out because without the key players the games will be meaningless, and each of the three houses of cards will crumble to the ground, so to speak. And life will go on.

Can someone post a link to a story about a professional athlete who has gotten seriously sick from CV-19 anywhere in the world? Any sport. I've been looking, and haven't seen any. I see stories about athletes testing positive, but that's it. No sicknesses and certainly no deaths.

Forum List

Back