Baseball 2015 Thread

Dodgers are going to be very good as the learn to work together. Atlanta has a nice start but will finish at 500.

The Astros starting pitching is as good as I had hoped. The cappers who gave it a 2 out of 5 must have been bribed to put it so low.

KC and Detroit are terrorizing everyone as they should.

Should be a good year.

yeah love it that the Royals have picked up where they left off last year.:banana: sucks about detroit though.I hate them.there a couple posters here that are tiger fans so they wont like this when they see this post.lol

my favorite WINNING team in the national league last year the Pirates arent doing so well so they might have run out of luck this year.

unlike in 85 when the royals won the world series,I am excited about this year.this team is much more talented than that one was.That was just a fluke when they won it in 85,they could not hit worth a shit.Balboni was worthless amongst many other players they had.

It was the dominating pitching staff they had that carried them that far that year and won the series for them.as the front office found out the next season though pitching can only take you so far.

while this team,most are out of the farm system and are only going to get better.Injurys may doom them though.

Mariners are in the midst of a four game losing streak. It's still early but gee, I get tired of hope in the spring and by May it is over.

It is still early but I'm liking A-Rod's performance for the Yankees.

There are a number of idiots out there (probably outnumbering the non-idiots) who forget that A-Rod was the best player in the game before he took his first vitamin pill, and his success was only minimally improved by the steroids and HGH.

Did I read he hit a 470+ foot home run the other day?

Clean?

I love it.

Dodgers are going to be very good as the learn to work together. Atlanta has a nice start but will finish at 500.

The Astros starting pitching is as good as I had hoped. The cappers who gave it a 2 out of 5 must have been bribed to put it so low.

Should be a good year.

yeah love it that the Royals have picked up where they left off last year.:banana: sucks about detroit though.I hate them.there a couple posters here that are tiger fans so they wont like this when they see this post.lol

my favorite WINNING team in the national league last year the Pirates arent doing so well so they might have run out of luck this year.

unlike in 85 when the royals won the world series,I am excited about this year.this team is much more talented than that one was.That was just a fluke when they won it in 85,they could not hit worth a shit.Balboni was worthless amongst many other players they had.

It was the dominating pitching staff they had that carried them that far that year and won the series for them.as the front office found out the next season though pitching can only take you so far.

while this team,most are out of the farm system and are only going to get better.Injurys may doom them though.
You might recall that last year's April was dismal for my beloved Pirates, yet they finished the season only 2 games behind the Cardinals.

This April has been different. The Buccos just swept the Brewers and as of today are 6 and 6 on this new season.

Should be a good year.

You might recall that last year's April was dismal for my beloved Pirates, yet they finished the season only 2 games behind the Cardinals.

This April has been different. The Buccos just swept the Brewers and as of today are 6 and 6 on this new season.

Yeah I just checked the papers today and i see they are only a game behind the cards.not bad.Hope they keep it up.Glad to see the Giants are in last place in their division as well as I'm sure you are also.:banana:

I cant stand them.Not cause they beat the royals in the series but because of Baumgardner.I cant stand that guy.Not because he is dominating and good but because he is an arrogant asshole.
I was watching a Dodgers and Giants game last year and when he hit one of their batters,the guy started walking to the mound yelling at him and Baum motioned on with his arms-Bring it on.

What an arrogant prick the fact he at least was not trying to avoid the confrontation. was disappointed in that hitter though,dont just talk the talk,take action.charge the mound or walk away and ignore it,dont be half assed on it.jeez.

the announcers were saying the same thing as well.lol

Last edited:
Looking forward to when the Royals and A's play each other again in Oakland later this year.there were a couple of incidents over the weekend when the A's were in town that ignited the benchs emptying.No bench clearing brawls but they did empty.In Oakland later this year,there just might be one.

Cubs have a young infield that is really well. Some good bats and some good pitching seems to have righted the ship.

The Mariners, I thought they had a great win on Sunday but now two more losses. I am hoping they get it together soon.

Cubs have a young infield that is really well. Some good bats and some good pitching seems to have righted the ship.

The Mariners, I thought they had a great win on Sunday but now two more losses. I am hoping they get it together soon.

They need to. Suddenly our bullpen has gone to shit. Last years best in MLB has suddenly turned to a pile of shit. Blew four games so far in late innings.

A's have scored 83 runs, tied for third most in baseball. Their on base percentage as a team is kicking ass. So much for the pre-season pundits who called their offense anemic.

Hey, 9/11, how about that Billy Butler you were so happy to see leaving KC? He had a bad year last year, and the Royals did well to bring on Kendrys Morales as a DH. I had my doubts about signing Butler for $10 mil a year, but he's really become a stable hitting machine in the middle of the A's order.

After Sonny Gray and Scott Kazmir, the starters have been inconsistent. They have so many young options though (and two starters returning at some point from injury) that they'll figure something out.

It almost seems like the A's have a 40 man roster. They have so many interchangeable parts and so many different ways to match up against the opponent.

A's have scored 83 runs, tied for third most in baseball. Their on base percentage as a team is kicking ass. So much for the pre-season pundits who called their offense anemic.

Hey, 9/11, how about that Billy Butler you were so happy to see leaving KC? He had a bad year last year, and the Royals did well to bring on Kendrys Morales as a DH. I had my doubts about signing Butler for $10 mil a year, but he's really become a stable hitting machine in the middle of the A's order.

After Sonny Gray and Scott Kazmir, the starters have been inconsistent. They have so many young options though (and two starters returning at some point from injury) that they'll figure something out.

It almost seems like the A's have a 40 man roster. They have so many interchangeable parts and so many different ways to match up against the opponent.

Yeah I am very surprised to see Butler doing so well right now.Im happy for him though.He is a Royal and will retire one I guarantee so I want him to succeed out there.

He is not an asshole like some of the other former Royal players who left the team to go play for another team for the love of the money. I know he wanted to stay here in KC, it just wasnt going to work out though so i wish him the best of success out there.He stayed with the Royals as long he could and thats cool.

speaking of your A'S,I really have a high opinion of A's fans out there just so you know and that is mostly because when they signed Jamie Quirk and he played for them there in the past,I remember how A's fans really embraced him out there and loved him.

I was so happy for him because while I was always a big fan of him here in KC,I did not like it how he never had the chance to play in any of the playoffs or world series games for them when he was here so when he played for the A'S and Tony La Russo DID give him a chance to play in a world series there,I was so happy for him.

La Russo will always be my favorite manager in baseball history for doing that for him. i sure would like to thank him for that someday.:thup:

Someday I plan on seeing an A's game out there sometime.The A's just like the Raiders,just wouldnt fit in another city.Oakland is their identity as it is with the Raiders.The Raiders just never did fit in in LA as you know.

I cant wait to see an A's game out there in Oakland someday.Last year I remember watching an A's game when the Royals played them out there and I always get a big kick out of how some of the fans out there between innings would sway back and forth singing to some kind of song,it was very entertaining. The baseball fans out there are almost as entertaining as Raider fans and thats saying a lot.:lol: Oakland has great sports fans out there.:up:

I wont miss the series games with the Royals and A's when they have a rematch out there on the west coast,there is some bad blood STILL brewing betwen those two teams as you know,so we just may get to see another fight again.:up: you'll probably want to get tickets for all three of those games.lol

speaking of fights,did you hear how my Royals got into ANOTHER one last night with the white sox in chi town?:up: they got into it a little here in kc for the opener so that carried over last night.lol

Last edited:
Getting off topic for a second here Tree in talking about the Raiders, you know the Raiders never did fit in LA.They never had fan support there .the majority of the fans that DID support them out there, were fans that made the trip from oakland to fly down there on the weekends.If they ever left them again,oakland fans wouldnt support them AGAIN.they would be fed up with them leaving them all the time.

The proof is in the pudding that they were never embraced in southern california because the year the OAKLAND Raiders won a superbowl out there " and it WAS Oaklands teamthat won it because the majority of the players came out of the oakland organization that won it for them." when they won the superbowl out there,the next year for their home opener,they only drew a little over a mere 45,000 fans.:lmao:where the Rams in their home opener drew over 65,000 fans which was extremely impressive considering Anaheim stadium was a shithole of a small stadiom.lol. The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl there but nobody in LA cared.:lmao::lmao:They just did not fit out there and would not fit in any other city and neither would the A'S.

That was why traiter Al wisely moved them back to oaktown because he realised that was the biggest mistake he ever made.

The Rams left LA a couple months before they did and he could have kept them there and had LA all to himself but he saw that half empty stadium out there all the time and remembered how Oakland always had sellout crowds there all the time so he got wise and moved them back since nobody out there in southern california cared about them.

Oakland fans made me proud.they had a sellout crowd against the chiefs this year when they had lost like 12 or 13 games in a row INCLUDING a 52-0 blowout to the future LA Rams earlier in the season and through a driving rainstorm downpour cold night,they sold out a thursday night game with the chiefs.

they never supported them out there in southern california when they had WINNING teams,just think how empty that stadium would have been out there this year in a cold driving rainstorm with a losing record having lost 12 games in a row and 12 losing seasons in a row as well.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think you would agree that place would have been a ghost town in southern california.:lmao:

My hats off to the city of oakland,they made me proud.:thup: and Im not even a Raider fan.

Last edited:
Ventura with the Royals a jerk or what? He has be involved with every Royal incident this season, if he were in the NL he wouldn't be so aggressive, he'd have pitchers nailing him every at bat.

I lauded the A's offense and they promptly got shut out. That's fitting. The point is that they're not the pathetic offense that sites like cbssportsline made them out to be.

La Russo will always be my favorite manager in baseball history for doing that for him. i sure would like to thank him for that someday.

In September, LaRussa was hired as president of the Diamondbacks. His first action was to fire Kirk Gibson. That is funny.

Ventura with the Royals a jerk or what? He has be involved with every Royal incident this season, if he were in the NL he wouldn't be so aggressive, he'd have pitchers nailing him every at bat.

People don't like Brett Lawrie, so much so that hitting him once wasn't enough. Lawrie is a high-strung emotional immature guy. Plus, he has a gigantic hole in his swing. He does fine against lefties but he can't see the ball against righties. He's going to have to fix that or the A's are really going to start missing Donaldson (who hit a 500 foot HR yesterday). The silver lining is that Lawrie has played excellent defense, and they got two promising young pitchers in the trade.

Mets on 11 game win streak and best record in baseball

I lauded the A's offense and they promptly got shut out. That's fitting. The point is that they're not the pathetic offense that sites like cbssportsline made them out to be.

La Russo will always be my favorite manager in baseball history for doing that for him. i sure would like to thank him for that someday.

In September, LaRussa was hired as president of the Diamondbacks. His first action was to fire Kirk Gibson. That is funny.

People don't like Brett Lawrie, so much so that hitting him once wasn't enough. Lawrie is a high-strung emotional immature guy. Plus, he has a gigantic hole in his swing. He does fine against lefties but he can't see the ball against righties. He's going to have to fix that or the A's are really going to start missing Donaldson (who hit a 500 foot HR yesterday). The silver lining is that Lawrie has played excellent defense, and they got two promising young pitchers in the trade.

it's just one game,no biggie,dont worry about it,if it was for one week,then its time to panic.lol

btw on my previous comment,is it NORMAL for A'S fans out there all the time that beween innings they sway back and forth to music and all that? dont want to get my hopes up and have them be dashed leaving dissapointed if it was just a one time thing.lol

something else i found really cool i remember in last years game with them,is they would bang a drum and say I believe in billy bean chanting when he would come up. that was wild.:thup: that wasnt the players name or anything,dont remember who it was,just picked a name,im sure you know who it was though no doubt.lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back