Barry Goldwater would have made for fine President

Fyght

Aug 26, 2011
and so won't Ron Paul.

Too bad liberal are shitting their pants once again.

Last edited:
heres your problem.

We live in a democracy and most Americans dont like the goldwater ideas.

normal_oldnews.jpg

Goldwater could never be elected today, what with the radical right/TPM running the GOP:

It's "the Godfather of Conservatism" who said :

"I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."
(in a 1994 Washington Post essay)

"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"

"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."

"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."

"A woman has a right to an abortion."

Goldwater was not always such a staunch separationist. Early in his controversial political career he supported tax breaks for private school tuition and a school prayer amendment. But the rise of the intolerant Religious Right caused him to rethink his views, a change that sparked admiration from Americans who disagreed with him on many other things.

When Sandra Day O'Connor was nominated to the Supreme Court in 1981, some Religious Right leaders suspected she might be too moderate on abortion and other social concerns. Moral Majority founder Jerry Falwell told the news media that "every good Christian should be concerned." Replied Goldwater, "Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."

Goldwater vs Religious Right

and so won't Ron Paul.

Too bad liberal are shitting their pants once again.

snore!

Now a non-troll honest partisan might have gone to the trouble of comparing RP to BG's basic political philosophies.

That might have been something worthy of the ASCII.

But no...instead we get this childish provocation leading absolutely nowhere.

I mean seriously, kid.

Why bother?

Forum List

Back