Barry Goldwater the Godfather of the Tea Party

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Talking points may have been lifted verbatim...

:eusa_whistle:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size.

I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom.

My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden.

I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.

And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.
-Barry Goldwater - Wikiquote

what do you think?

Fiscally, Barry and the Tea Party might be close. I doubt they are on social or even to foreign policy issues to a point.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size.

It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden.

I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is "needed" before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.

And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' "interests," I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.

what do you think?

And WHY do LAWS exist? Control. If you LOVE Liberty as you Liberals say that you do? Then WHY do you applaud MORE LAWS to control others?

You do realize that even from the grave? Goldwater called *you* out?

I think what I see here is not liberalism you are spouting...but STATISM.

Control. Liberal is too kind a word to use against you. Even Liberals love LIBERTY.

Your bullsqueeze here against Goldwater? Cements whom you guys really are. Control Freaks. Goldwater is correct.

No way! He for one would not put up with Palin or Bachmann.

true, but the Tea Party has taken Goldwater's platform and speeches to heart. Read what Goldwater actually said, and then compare with Tea Party proposals.

They might repeat what he said, but they are not Goldwater conservatives. They were closer to it in the beginning, but then they let people like Palin and Bachmann take them over.

Last edited:
ThatsMe.png

No way! He for one would not put up with Palin or Bachmann.

true, but the Tea Party has taken Goldwater's platform and speeches to heart. Read what Goldwater actually said, and then compare with Tea Party proposals.

They might repeat what he said, but they are not Goldwater conservatives. They were closer to it in the beginning, but then they let people like Palin and Bachmann over take them.

read their platform/proposals

what do you think?

i think you're closer to being a goldwater conservative than anyone in the tea party is what i think, d.

go figure

They might repeat what he said, but they are not Goldwater conservatives. They were closer to it in the beginning, but then they let people like Palin and Bachmann over take them.

platform is one thing, reality is another. ;)

what do you think?

i think you're closer to being a goldwater conservative than anyone in the tea party is what i think, d.

go figure

shit happens.

:lol:

platform is one thing, reality is another. ;)

true.

but do not fear similarities between those you might respect and those you abhor. no one is one dimensional...except maybe oscar wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwaooooooooooo

Forum List

Back