Barr Update - ‘Group of People’ Attempted To ‘Topple’ Trump Admin

During an interview last week, Attorney General William Barr gave an update on the criminal investigation into the origin of the Obama-era FBI counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign, saying that a “willful if small group of people” were involved in an attempt to “topple” the Trump administration.

Barr made the remarks in an interview with Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel in which he noted that he was “in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”
-----
so RUSSIA was bullshit the left soaked up and many trolls still cling to. will be interesting to see who is named as i'm sure we can figure out strozk, page and some others.

but it also says papadopolous and flynn were certainly setup in this attempt. at least in my eyes it does.

flat out - we need to clean house and stop the gov from being used as a weapon like was done under obama's administration.

NOW - for barr NOT saying this before the election? good. from comey's screw up we saw the DOJ is NOT supposed to comment *if* it will change things. comey did it anyway cause that's what he does. barr followed process and policy and while it may have helped biden, that isn't the point. the point is as a government we don't do that and comey was wrong to do it, barr was right to hold back.

according to our own laws.

should get fun from here. now i'm sure the trolls will be along to do what trolls do and derail the convo, blast me or the source, scream ORANGE MAN BAD n shit cause that's all they know.

will those who hate trump EVER admit this was bullshit? honesty can hurt some people; that's for sure.

I have no respect or time for US AG Barr anymore.

He was highly praised by both Democrats and Republicans as being a man of integrity and objectivity. He told Americans that enforcing US Law was his #1 goal / rule and that he did so without political bias, that he could not be bought, pressured, swayed, or silenced.

In the end he has demonstrated all of that was bullshit.

As per above, he said he was / is “in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”.

He has concrete physical evidence of multiple extremely serious crimes that have threatened our national security and forced us off of the path established by the Constitution and Rule of Law, evidence provided to him by The FISA Court, released FBI documents, official testimony given under oath before Congress, and from both the DHS and Treasury Departments...

He has chosen to let 'the right thing to do' pass on by as he takes the coward's route out, reportedly stepping down and walking away in the next few days without finishing the job and, reportedly, while refusing to allow the multi-million dollar tax payer-funded Durham report be released, without indicting the Bidens (Hunter and Jack) for their financial scandals and crimes, such as Money Laundering Russian money, taking BILLIONS from the CCP, and Hunter not being registered as a Foreign Agent for China, etc....proven irrefutable by the evidence the DHS and Treasury Departments have publicly declared they have.

IMO, Barr had this huge 'shining knight' reputation because he was an immoveable rock when tasked to face crimes and scandals at a much lower level. When he was forced to proverbially come face-to-face with evidence of historic scandal and crime that would, if completely exposed, rock our federal government and completely undermine the confidence Americans have in our government, when he stared into the flames of the 'monster' he saw something he believed he could not defeat and instead is choosing the cowards' route.

IMO, the USSC did the same exact thing recently. Chief Justice John Roberts acknowledged the Federal and State Constitutional and Rule of law violations committed by states like Pa in this last election that did in fact disenfranchise voters and delegitimize elections. He acknowledged that this was an historic clusterfu@k, one that would take a massive, messy effort to 'UN-FU@K' if the USSC made the actual decision based on the pure facts, US-Constitution, and Law. Roberts and the USSC did not want any part of being the 1st USSC to strip votes - illegal or not - from an election and to be THE deciding factor in the outcome of a US Presidential election....so they 'punted'. They refused to do anything.....

"For evil to succeed all it takes is one good man"...or a USSC..."to do nothing."

* This is not the 1st time the USSC - Roberts - chose to NOT do their job, which is to uphold the Constitution and Rule of law. DACA was clearly a violation of the US Constitution - Obama himself declared he did not have the Constitutional authority to do it but did so anyway. When it came to the USSC, Roberts sent it back to the WH / President Trump's administration to answer more questions about the law suit. Roberts said that his biggest objection to overturning DACA and ruling it UN-Constitutional was based on the fact that doing so WOULD NEGATIVELY IMPACT POTENTIALLY MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

Not to sound cruel, but SO THE FU@K WHAT?!
i can see that - but i take "do the right thing" he is referring to "now" not "not commenting" on the case during the election.

NOW he can say it because the election is over and his statement won't impact the outcome - something the DOJ shouldn't be able to do anyway.

again - i can see where a PRO-TRUMP mindset would be furious that he didn't say this when it mattered, but *IF* policy is you don't, and he followed policy, then he did the right thing according to our laws.

Pro-Trump or Not, as a Tax payer who funded BOTH the billions-of-dollars coup attempted 'investigation run by the Obama administration which was exposed for what it was and the Durham investigation, which we have been told will never be released now, I see the Durham report as partly MINE. As a tax payer, I want to read what Durham's report says because I partly funded the damn thing! It belongs to all the tax payers.

And I take partial offense with your saying 'pro-trump' inference....

I have served my country for over 30 years. I took an oath of office to protect and defend the United States, its citizens, and the Constitution. I never swore an oath to any political party. I served and fought in some of the shittiest places on this globe, sacrificed for EVERY American, for my government, for EQUAL justice, and so that the Constitutional freedoms of EVERY American would be protected.

What I have seen for years now, especially the last decade, are criminal, traitorous, domestic enemies who have openly violated the US Constitution, violated the Rule of Law, violated both Constitutional and Civil Rights of Americans and have gotten away with it without repercussions of any kind while those same people have criminally, hypocritically destroyed 'equal justice'....

....while morons like the rabid p[artisans we have seen and continue to see every day cheer, gloat, and mock others because their own politicians are getting away with it all. They cheer the criminals and traitors because of their party affiliation.

The release of Durham's report is not important due to any political party affiliation but because it is about the existence or not of criminal, treasonous, crime and corruption in our Govt, a f*ing CANCER that needs to be cut out, a domestic threat that needs to be eliminate...not given a 'pass' and allowed to be emboldened and repeated in the future.

This is about making sure no politician ever betrays the trust of the American people again, never illegally spies on, never illegally weaponizes federal agencies and resources to attempt to destroy/undermine democratic elections / governance, and to ensure corrupt would-be 'rulers' remember they are SERVANTS of the people....

Sorry...just went off on my 'patriotic' 'Captain America' flag-waving old-school rant....

It's about COUNTRY...not partisanship or party.
no - this is a point that i think needs to come out of this - should barr have said something?

from an emotional standpoint and to clarify WHO is running? yes. i would think so.

- however -

part of that oath in office is to protect and uphold the laws we have. if our laws say the DOJ does not comment like this during an election, is he not doing what he should be doing? - ie, not commenting?

comey we were told never should have. if this is the case, then no, barr should not have.

i get the emotional tie. i certainly feel it too and am not happy the left looks to be getting away with something - but as barr said, if we keep doing what we feel like doing despite it being against our own laws, where does it end?

or something to that effect.
Barr had plenty of time to indict this “group of people “, but didn’t. Nothing will happen. The fix us in. He’s merely trying to appease the right with bull shit words.

During an interview last week, Attorney General William Barr gave an update on the criminal investigation into the origin of the Obama-era FBI counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign, saying that a “willful if small group of people” were involved in an attempt to “topple” the Trump administration.

Barr made the remarks in an interview with Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel in which he noted that he was “in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”
-----
so RUSSIA was bullshit the left soaked up and many trolls still cling to. will be interesting to see who is named as i'm sure we can figure out strozk, page and some others.

but it also says papadopolous and flynn were certainly setup in this attempt. at least in my eyes it does.

flat out - we need to clean house and stop the gov from being used as a weapon like was done under obama's administration.

NOW - for barr NOT saying this before the election? good. from comey's screw up we saw the DOJ is NOT supposed to comment *if* it will change things. comey did it anyway cause that's what he does. barr followed process and policy and while it may have helped biden, that isn't the point. the point is as a government we don't do that and comey was wrong to do it, barr was right to hold back.

should get fun from here. now i'm sure the trolls will be along to do what trolls do and derail the convo, blast me or the source, scream ORANGE MAN BAD n shit cause that's all they know.

will those who hate trump EVER admit this was bullshit? honesty can hurt some people; that's for sure.

He was highly praised by both Democrats and Republicans as being a man of integrity and objectivity. He told Americans that enforcing US Law was his #1 goal / rule and that he did so without political bias, that he could not be bought, pressured, swayed, or silenced.

As per above, he said he was / is “in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”.

He has concrete physical evidence of multiple extremely serious crimes that have threatened our national security and forced us off of the path established by the Constitution and Rule of Law, evidence provided to him by The FISA Court, released FBI documents, official testimony given under oath before Congress, and from both the DHS and Treasury Departments...

He has chosen to let 'the right thing to do' pass on by as he takes the coward's route out, reportedly stepping down and walking away in the next few days without finishing the job and, reportedly, while refusing to allow the multi-million dollar tax payer-funded Durham report be released, without indicting the Bidens (Hunter and Jack) for their financial scandals and crimes, such as Money Laundering Russian money, taking BILLIONS from the CCP, and Hunter not being registered as a Foreign Agent for China, etc....proven irrefutable by the evidence the DHS and Treasury Departments have publicly declared they have.

IMO, Barr had this huge 'shining knight' reputation because he was an immoveable rock when tasked to face crimes and scandals at a much lower level. When he was forced to proverbially come face-to-face with evidence of historic scandal and crime that would, if completely exposed, rock our federal government and completely undermine the confidence Americans have in our government, when he stared into the flames of the 'monster' he saw something he believed he could not defeat and instead is choosing the cowards' route.

IMO, the USSC did the same exact thing recently. Chief Justice John Roberts acknowledged the Federal and State Constitutional and Rule of law violations committed by states like Pa in this last election that did in fact disenfranchise voters and delegitimize elections. He acknowledged that this was an historic clusterfu@k, one that would take a massive, messy effort to 'UN-FU@K' if the USSC made the actual decision based on the pure facts, US-Constitution, and Law. Roberts and the USSC did not want any part of being the 1st USSC to strip votes - illegal or not - from an election and to be THE deciding factor in the outcome of a US Presidential election....so they 'punted'. They refused to do anything.....

"For evil to succeed all it takes is one good man"...or a USSC..."to do nothing."

* This is not the 1st time the USSC - Roberts - chose to NOT do their job, which is to uphold the Constitution and Rule of law. DACA was clearly a violation of the US Constitution - Obama himself declared he did not have the Constitutional authority to do it but did so anyway. When it came to the USSC, Roberts sent it back to the WH / President Trump's administration to answer more questions about the law suit. Roberts said that his biggest objection to overturning DACA and ruling it UN-Constitutional was based on the fact that doing so WOULD NEGATIVELY IMPACT POTENTIALLY MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS AND THEIR FAMILIES.

i can see that - but i take "do the right thing" he is referring to "now" not "not commenting" on the case during the election.

NOW he can say it because the election is over and his statement won't impact the outcome - something the DOJ shouldn't be able to do anyway.

again - i can see where a PRO-TRUMP mindset would be furious that he didn't say this when it mattered, but *IF* policy is you don't, and he followed policy, then he did the right thing according to our laws.

Pro-Trump or Not, as a Tax payer who funded BOTH the billions-of-dollars coup attempted 'investigation run by the Obama administration which was exposed for what it was and the Durham investigation, which we have been told will never be released now, I see the Durham report as partly MINE. As a tax payer, I want to read what Durham's report says because I partly funded the damn thing! It belongs to all the tax payers.

I have served my country for over 30 years. I took an oath of office to protect and defend the United States, its citizens, and the Constitution. I never swore an oath to any political party. I served and fought in some of the shittiest places on this globe, sacrificed for EVERY American, for my government, for EQUAL justice, and so that the Constitutional freedoms of EVERY American would be protected.

What I have seen for years now, especially the last decade, are criminal, traitorous, domestic enemies who have openly violated the US Constitution, violated the Rule of Law, violated both Constitutional and Civil Rights of Americans and have gotten away with it without repercussions of any kind while those same people have criminally, hypocritically destroyed 'equal justice'....

....while morons like the rabid p[artisans we have seen and continue to see every day cheer, gloat, and mock others because their own politicians are getting away with it all. They cheer the criminals and traitors because of their party affiliation.

The release of Durham's report is not important due to any political party affiliation but because it is about the existence or not of criminal, treasonous, crime and corruption in our Govt, a f*ing CANCER that needs to be cut out, a domestic threat that needs to be eliminate...not given a 'pass' and allowed to be emboldened and repeated in the future.

This is about making sure no politician ever betrays the trust of the American people again, never illegally spies on, never illegally weaponizes federal agencies and resources to attempt to destroy/undermine democratic elections / governance, and to ensure corrupt would-be 'rulers' remember they are SERVANTS of the people....

Sorry...just went off on my 'patriotic' 'Captain America' flag-waving old-school rant....

no - this is a point that i think needs to come out of this - should barr have said something?

from an emotional standpoint and to clarify WHO is running? yes. i would think so.

- however -

Barr found out that the FBI had evidence of Hunter Biden crimes / scandal in regards to Ukraine, providing the evidence showing that President Trump had every right to reach out to Ukraine's PM to investigate crime. Releasing this evidence would have flat-out stopped the Impeachment hearings and the Democrats confessed political partisan-based Impeachment.

Choosing to HIDE the fact that the FBI, DHS, and Treasury Department had irrefutable evidence of Biden family crime was NOT the right decision. By claiming to NOT want to impact the election the election was impacted any way.

I don't give a flying f* WHO was running. Do you think if Trump had been the one in Biden's seat this information would have been withheld? Do you think anyone would have made the argument that informing the American people of the KNOWN / PROVEN crimes committed by the Biden family was the wrong thing to do?

I can't see - taking political partisanship / politics out of the equation - why the DOJ did not indict Joe and James Biden already based on the financial records and criminal evidence the DHS and Treasury Department say / said they have. You can bet your ass that if it had been / if it was you or I we would already be in jail right now....well before the election.

-----

- however -

Barr found out that the FBI had evidence of Hunter Biden crimes / scandal in regards to Ukraine, providing the evidence showing that President Trump had every right to reach out to Ukraine's PM to investigate crime. Releasing this evidence would have flat-out stopped the Impeachment hearings and the Democrats confessed political partisan-based Impeachment.

Choosing to HIDE the fact that the FBI, DHS, and Treasury Department had irrefutable evidence of Biden family crime was NOT the right decision. By claiming to NOT want to impact the election the election was impacted any way.

I don't give a flying f* WHO was running. Do you think if Trump had been the one in Biden's seat this information would have been withheld? Do you think anyone would have made the argument that informing the American people of the KNOWN / PROVEN crimes committed by the Biden family was the wrong thing to do?

I can't see - taking political partisanship / politics out of the equation - why the DOJ did not indict Joe and James Biden already based on the financial records and criminal evidence the DHS and Treasury Department say / said they have. You can bet your ass that if it had been / if it was you or I we would already be in jail right now....well before the election.
again - we are going back to previous bad behavior justifying doing it again.

my question is - when do we stop it? seems barr has chosen to stop it here and not "return the illegal favor".

the question is - remove all names and emotions from this and ask yourself 1 question - if the policy of the DOJ is to not comment on anything that could alter an election (any election any point in time) - should they?

-----

- however -

part of that oath in office is to protect and uphold the laws we have. if our laws say the DOJ does not comment like this during an election, is he not doing what he should be doing? - ie, not commenting?

comey we were told never should have. if this is the case, then no, barr should not have.

i get the emotional tie. i certainly feel it too and am not happy the left looks to be getting away with something - but as barr said, if we keep doing what we feel like doing despite it being against our own laws, where does it end?

Barr had plenty of time to indict this “group of people “, but didn’t. Nothing will happen. The fix us in. He’s merely trying to appease the right with bull shit words.
from what i can tell, barr was following DOJ policy and ignoring the fact people before him did NOT follow said policy.

-----

- however -

I think Barr would have preferred Trump was reelected. Barr's motivation for coming back into govt, after having grown fat and rich in representing corporations feeding at the Swamp, was he really believed the outgoing dems sabotaged Trump's term. And he was right.

But my guess is that he'd welcome a return to supervised feeding of animals at the Swamp

I always viewed the Democrats playing up Russia as means of dragging Trump through the mud in similar fashion that Hillary was on Benghazi and cosidered it shameful that the serious concerns of these matters were placed secondary to politics.

Folks from both sides need to act on situations in same fashion they'd see justice if the shoe was on the other foot. This would eliminate most of the hypocrisy. I like Barr's comment from the article:

“A lot of Republicans think that’s playing by Robert’s Rules — you are being soft on the other side.
And I understand that frustration,” Barr said. “It’s painful that the system is used against Republicans
and there is an AG not willing to do the same thing against Democrats. But that is the only way we
find our way back.”​

Sorry...when one side uses the DOJ as its personal gestapo, there is no way back if you don't punish the criminals. The people in control of biden and harris will go back to the gestapo tactics used by obama and biden, and pretending that there is a way to stop it that doesn't include actually arresting the bad guys and setting aside dumb rules that let these assholes get away, is just stupid. They should have released the report before the election....now, the report means nothing, it will be in the shredder the moment biden officially steals the election. Durham will be fired, and the democrat party gestapo will be back in business................all because Bill Barr is Col. Nichols from the Bridge on the River Kwai.....

-----

- however -

I think Barr would have preferred Trump was reelected. Barr's motivation for coming back into govt, after having grown fat and rich in representing corporations feeding at the Swamp, was he really believed the outgoing dems sabotaged Trump's term. And he was right.

But my guess is that he'd welcome a return to supervised feeding of animals at the Swamp
rest assured i hate what was done to trump. not because i care about or worship trump - but of how indicative it is for us as a country and culture. we hate so we break laws and say our hate made it ok or justified. we think someone is a huge liar, so they deserve it. you see colfax saying that flat out.

and that is our problem. we hate, we are emotional, so our bad actions are ok cause of how we "feel"

tell someone that and you usually a hell of a lot MORE emotion involved.

but if DOJ policy is don't say anything, comey was wrong and barr was right, according to that.

-----

- however -

my question is - when do we stop it? seems barr has chosen to stop it here and not "return the illegal favor".

the question is - remove all names and emotions from this and ask yourself 1 question - if the policy of the DOJ is to not comment on anything that could alter an election (any election any point in time) - should they?

You can't stop it if one side gets the advantages of doing it and none of the consequences......

You stop it by mutually assured destruction...if they do it, you do it back but more. Then, you offer them the deal of actually stopping it for both sides......

Otherwise, why would they stop? They do it...get away with it.....we refuse to do it, and get hammered without consequences for the ones breaking the law....

-----

- however -

rest assured i hate what was done to trump. not because i care about or worship trump - but of how indicative it is for us as a country and culture. we hate so we break laws and say our hate made it ok or justified. we think someone is a huge liar, so they deserve it. you see colfax saying that flat out.

and that is our problem. we hate, we are emotional, so our bad actions are ok cause of how we "feel"

but if DOJ policy is don't say anything, comey was wrong and barr was right, according to that.

Comey suffered no consequences and, in fact, they kept doing it against Trump, again, with no consequences....now, they will keep doing it, again, without consequences and huge rewards in power for doing it....

-----

- however -

Comey suffered no consequences and, in fact, they kept doing it against Trump, again, with no consequences....now, they will keep doing it, again, without consequences and huge rewards in power for doing it....
like i said - i get it. but if it was wrong for comey to do it THEN, how is it RIGHT to do it NOW?

i can't stop the fact comey didn't get punished. but our culture has some insane idea that we can keep breaking laws cause the other guy didn't get punished.

hold my beer.

rinse / repeat / hold my beer.

and we keep driving into an abyss where nothing is illegal anymore cause THEY DID IT FIRST.

most 3 year old way to destroy a country i've ever seen in action.

-----

- however -

You can't stop it if one side gets the advantages of doing it and none of the consequences......

You stop it by mutually assured destruction...if they do it, you do it back but more. Then, you offer them the deal of actually stopping it for both sides......

Otherwise, why would they stop? They do it...get away with it.....we refuse to do it, and get hammered without consequences for the ones breaking the law....
and like i said - people have had enough that simply breaking the law back at them didn't get the desired results.

so we escalate. that will show them. then they escalate.

hold my beer.

-----

- however -

like i said - i get it. but if it was wrong for comey to do it THEN, how is it RIGHT to do it NOW?

i can't stop the fact comey didn't get punished. but our culture has some insane idea that we can keep breaking laws cause the other guy didn't get punished.

hold my beer.

rinse / repeat / hold my beer.

and we keep driving into an abyss where nothing is illegal anymore cause THEY DID IT FIRST.

most 3 year old way to destroy a country i've ever seen in action.

It isn't a matter of right, it is a matter of stopping them from continuing to do it.

The rule for both sides is you don't release reports before an election....this isn't the first time they did this....they did it against Bush the first too...........

Once the rules are broken by one side, you can't keep the rule without consequences.....no consequences and the rule does not exist anymore......so the restrictions are over....until the side that broke the rule in the first place falls back in line.

They won't go back to following the rule if they profit from breaking the rule and suffer no consequences...

To get back to the rules, you must make them pay, and realize that following the rules is good for both sides. So, you do what they did but more...you release the Durham report and smash biden....then, you tell the democrats, you stop doing this and we will be more than happy to return to the rules...if you don't stop, we won't either.....

-----

- however -

and like i said - people have had enough that simply breaking the law back at them didn't get the desired results.

hold my beer.

What incentive do the democrats have to not break the rules going forward? Their sense of fair play?

They derailed Trump and they stole the election from him....they now have power and control.......

Why would they go back?

-----

- however -

hold my beer.

The German socialists and Japanese socialists started World War 2....we didn't end the war by refusing to fight the war.....we didn't end the war by saying we wouldn't fight the war by bombing cities.....

We ended the war by making them suffer to the point they stopped and fell back in line with the rule of law......

That is how you get lawless assholes like the democrats to come back into civilized society.

-----

- however -

hold my beer.

They will escalate anyway...they got away with it the first time, they will go bigger and badder the next time......since there is no reason for them to not go bigger and badder...and every reason for them to think it works for them to go bigger and badder....

-----

- however -

hold my beer.

They will escalate anyway...they got away with it the first time, they will go bigger and badder the next time......since there is no reason for them to not go bigger and badder...and every reason for them to think it works for them to go bigger and badder....
like i keep saying -

i get it. i understand it. and no i don't expect anyone to "stand down" at this point. we seem to have gotten past the safe return zone and at any point we're going to have a global conflict again.

we keep forgetting how bad those are it would seem.

-----

- however -

hold my beer.

like i keep saying -

i get it. i understand it. and no i don't expect anyone to "stand down" at this point. we seem to have gotten past the safe return zone and at any point we're going to have a global conflict again.

we keep forgetting how bad those are it would seem.

I'm not talking global conflict, I'm talking about how we get back to the rule of law and civil society.

the democrats have no reason to go back to the rule of law and civil society....they have only been rewarded for what they did. And now, they are going to do it some more...because they weren't punished for the laws they broke the last time....

and whoever "these people" are - they should all be in prison for the rest of their lives. you do not circumvent our government because you don't like who won. the road ahead of that path none of us want to be on i would hope.
It's called an election. "These people" are the 81M that voted for Biden.
If you believe Biden got 81 million actual votes. You’re a complete idiot.
If you don't believe Biden received 81 million votes, you're a delusional moron.
You're delusional, the man couldn't get more than 10 people to show up at his gatherings. You gonna tell me he got more votes than Obama? Lol

again - we are going back to previous bad behavior justifying doing it again

I disagree with you here. We now know the DOJ had enough evidence to indict. The decision not to was the wrong thing to do, and I would bet it was purely based on political / partisan ramifications and not the law.

The American people deserved to know...NEEDED to know...prior to voting in an election. Withholding the information that the Biden family had been engaged in money laundering for years before they have a chance to vote for President was, IMO, criminal.

Polls taken recently showed a large number of Americans had no idea about any of this and showed enough DEMOCRATS to overturn the election results declared they would never have voted for Biden had they known about these proven crimes.

Forum List

Back