Barr ordered officials to clear area around Lafayette Square before Trump’s protest remarks, officials say

Actually, the "Big Guy" does have more rights than you do. He has the right to be protected by the Secret Service and you don't. He has the right to sit in the Oval Office and you don't. He has the right to lock down entire cities, and you don't. He has the right to send our troops into battle and you don't. If you want all the rights POTUS has then you'd best run for public office.
Happens all the time does it. You can of course point to all the times teargas and rubber bullets were used to clear a path for POTUS?

Actually, the "Big Guy" does have more rights than you do. He has the right to be protected by the Secret Service and you don't. He has the right to sit in the Oval Office and you don't. He has the right to lock down entire cities, and you don't. He has the right to send our troops into battle and you don't. If you want all the rights POTUS has then you'd best run for public office.
Who ever claimed he doesn't have more rights? I claimed he doesn't have this particular right. By the way, you know who also agreed? The leaders of the religion you claim to adhere to, to the point of taking the Bible at face value, at least when it comes to the stories it contained. Seems your sense of Christianity stops somewhere left of your political affiliation.

Except that those are not really rights, they are perks of his job.

I was going to suggest the same as they showed Barr surveying the area before hand. This decision is on him.

Trump needs to use this as a foil if anyone asks him about him not supporting peaceful protests. He has to say, quite honestly, "I wasn't aware of what security measures they took before hand. I planned on visiting this church to show solidarity with people of faith and anyone who was a victim of the riots as this church had been vandalized. I need to be clear that as president and as Americans, we will not back down to those who exploit this mans death by those seeking chaos, sometimes violent efforts against all of us. It's that simple".

Barr ordered officials to clear area around Lafayette Square before Trump’s protest remarks, officials say

Attorney General Bill Barr ordered law enforcement officials to extend the perimeter of Lafayette Square before President Trump ventured outside the White House on Monday to visit sites vandalized during violent protests, administration officials tell Fox News.

According to one senior administration official, the plan had been made to extend the perimeter of the park -- which is across the street from the White House -- by one block. Both peaceful and violent protests have taken place at Lafayette Square in recent days.

The order was executed Monday afternoon just minutes before the president gave a public address on the nationwide unrest following the death of George Floyd. The act -- which came shortly before a city curfew went into effect -- has ignited outrage from critics who claim protesters were moved so the president could participate in a photo opportunity.

He is the President. It is his responsibility. He could have waited until the protestors were gone. However he wanted to look tough so the protestors had to go. This was nothing but a scripted reality show segment.

It was done on Trumps behalf

They operate as they must, Trump isn't responsible for security details. Were citizens not inconvenienced whenever Obama went for a burger?

When Ronald Reagan was President, the Marine Barracks in Beirut was blown up killing 241 marines. Ronald Reagan took the blame because while he wasn't responsible for security, it happened on his watch so he was responsible. That is called leadership. Trump always has someone else to blame.

A President's rights have limits. Whether he can lock down cities is unknown. Congress can defund any military action a President can take and they are the only ones who can declare war.

Who ever claimed he doesn't have more rights? I claimed he doesn't have this particular right. By the way, you know who also agreed? The leaders of the religion you claim to adhere to, to the point of taking the Bible at face value, at least when it comes to the stories it contained. Seems your sense of Christianity stops somewhere left of your political affiliation.

Such nonsense. I'm always amazed at your silly statements. Never any proof of anything, but that doesn't seem to stop you. LOL

A President's rights have limits. Whether he can lock down cities is unknown. Congress can defund any military action a President can take and they are the only ones who can declare war.

Not talking about declaring war, was I? No, I said POTUS has the right to send our troops into battle.

It was done on Trumps behalf

They operate as they must, Trump isn't responsible for security details. Were citizens not inconvenienced whenever Obama went for a burger?

When Ronald Reagan was President, the Marine Barracks in Beirut was blown up killing 241 marines. Ronald Reagan took the blame because while he wasn't responsible for security, it happened on his watch so he was responsible. That is called leadership. Trump always has someone else to blame.

Nice try. Trump does not have to, nor should he, take responsibility for the looting and the riots. Those are occurring in, almost exclusively, Democrat led cities.

Such nonsense. I'm always amazed at your silly statements. Never any proof of anything, but that doesn't seem to stop you. LOL

Here you go added moving pictures for you. Also speaking of making unfounded assertions. Show me the instances where the President of The United States movements were preceded by teargas and rubber bullets since according to you "it happens all the time"

Here's the leader of the Roman Catholic church saying that "nothing is gained by violence and so much is lost"This includes rubber bullets and teargas on peaceful protesters I presume.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back