Bare Bones Car

amiam*

Dec 5, 2008
N42 07.187' W87 49.820'
Bare Bones Car

I have not had a bare bones car since I owned a 1960 VW. I tried to buy a bare bones car in 1980 because I needed the physical exercise. I was talked out of it by the salesmen.

Today I wonder if you can buy a bare bones car now? Any ideas anyone?

Bare Bones Car

I have not had a bare bones car since I owned a 1960 VW. I tried to buy a bare bones car in 1980 because I needed the physical exercise. I was talked out of it by the salesmen.

What is a bare bones car?

Even todays "bare bones" cars have standard features that would have been considered high priced options back in the day.

Land Cruncher

Attachments

• $P7160006.JPG
    $P7160006.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 55
Bare Bones Car

You allowed a salesman to talk you into or out of something??!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bare Bones Car

A bear bones car has stick shift, clutch, no power steering, and no power brakes. Can you by a car like that today?

Bare Bones Car

A bear bones car has stick shift, clutch, no power steering, and no power brakes. Can you by a car like that today?

negative. not new.

Bare Bones Car

As an after thought.....improve our physical fitness.(Or mine at least)

This $600 car is no toy and is ready to be released in China next year.
The single seater aero car totes VW (Volkswagen) branding.

Volkswagen did a lot of very highly protected testing of this car in Germany, but it was not announced until now where the car would make it's first appearance.

The car was introduced at the VW stockholders meeting as the most economical car in the world is presented.

The initial objective of the prototype was to prove that 1 liter of fuel could deliver 100 kilos of travel.

Spartan interior doesn't sacrifice safety

The aero design proved essential to getting the desired result. The body is 3.47 meters long and just 1.25 meters wide, and a little over a meter high. The prototype was made completely of carbon fiber and is not painted to save weight.

The power plant is a one cylinder diesel positioned ahead of the rear axle and combined with an automatic shift controlled by a knob in the interior.

Safety was not compromised as the impact and roll-over protection is comparable to the GT racing cars.

$600 car gets 258 mpg

The Most Economic Car in the World will be on sale next year:

Better than Electric Car – 258 miles/gallon: IPO 2010 in Shanghai

This is a single seated car

From conception to production: 3 years and the company is headquartered in Hamburg , Germany ..

Will be selling for 4000 yuan, equivalent to US$600..

Gas tank capacity = 1.7 gallons

Speed = 62 – 74.6 Miles/hour

Fuel efficiency = 258 miles/gallon

Travel distance with a full tank = 404 miles

Volkswagen 258 mpg car on sale in 2010

att2f.jpg

att3i.jpg

att4.jpg

att5.jpg

att6.jpg

att7.jpg

Looks like they also have a two seater.