Barbie Reshaped

I hear also they are coming out with a black Barbie It comes with 12 kids, AIDS and a welfare check.

Barbie could be given away free and Mattel would make a profit. The real money is in clothes and accessories. The beauty about Barbie is that no matter what incarnation you choose, everything you got for Barbie will fit new Barbie. Now, each Barbie has to have their own line.

Barbie has remarkable power over how we view our bodies! At least that is what we keep hearing. She must be redone so no one will feel bad or something.

I played with Barbies as a child. Never did it occur to me that I ought to look like a toy.

They Just Changed Barbie's Body Shape. No, This Won't Help Little Girls.

Our politically-correct-saturated culture just spilled over into our dolls. On Thursday, TIME ran the announcement that Barbie’s body shape has been changed. Now the dolls are being offered up in new body types, which include, "petite," "curvy," and "tall" in addition to "original."

This much over-hyped Barbie announcement is giving liberals a Chris Matthews-esque thrill up their leg and causing do-gooder Barbie executives everywhere to uncontrollably pat themselves on their back for changing the world. Well, they’re idiots. This will not help little girls, only their millennial parents and liberals in general who are obsessed with image and political correctness. And, of course, Mattel's bottom line.

See pictures of Barbie at link

Do you still play with dolls?

Don't like the dolls, don't buy them. Problem solved.

This has nothing to do with political correctness. Mattel's #1 job is to MAKE MONEY. They aren't making these new dolls if their bottom line suffers. It's why they used little girls in focus groups. They needs to make sure the dolls would sell. This is capitalism at it's finest. Mattel makes money, they get to pretend like they are on the side of diversity and political correctness and people are talking about their product.

sofierce-771a210d2a29dc43882fca5f17aa6275.gif

Barbie has remarkable power over how we view our bodies! At least that is what we keep hearing. She must be redone so no one will feel bad or something.

I played with Barbies as a child. Never did it occur to me that I ought to look like a toy.

They Just Changed Barbie's Body Shape. No, This Won't Help Little Girls.

Our politically-correct-saturated culture just spilled over into our dolls. On Thursday, TIME ran the announcement that Barbie’s body shape has been changed. Now the dolls are being offered up in new body types, which include, "petite," "curvy," and "tall" in addition to "original."

This much over-hyped Barbie announcement is giving liberals a Chris Matthews-esque thrill up their leg and causing do-gooder Barbie executives everywhere to uncontrollably pat themselves on their back for changing the world. Well, they’re idiots. This will not help little girls, only their millennial parents and liberals in general who are obsessed with image and political correctness. And, of course, Mattel's bottom line.

See pictures of Barbie at link

Do you still play with dolls?

Don't like the dolls, don't buy them. Problem solved.
Have nothing efficacious to say? Don't talk to me. Problem solved.

My sister used to have a "No Arms Barbie" as well as a "Bad Haircut Barbie"

She still doesn't know I did it

Last edited:

Forum List

Back