Banning words on campus

My Mom spent years telling me what I could not say...........you had to be very polite and not insulting.....There were no racial slurs, cussing or hateful words spoken in her house....

Last edited:
My Mom spent years telling me what I could not say...........you had to be very polite and not insulting.....There were no racial slurs, cussing or hateful words spoken in her house....

Too bad she spent no effort on teaching critical thinking skills.

aww , I certainly disagree with these rules and codes that are springing up all over the place . That being said , these new rules , codes and ways of thinking mostly affects the young and their future off spring so I pretty much see these new rules , codes as revenge on the younger people [mrobama supporters and libs] . He11 , most of these younger people agree with more rules and laws so let them live in the society they are creating .

Too bad she spent no effort on teaching critical thinking skills.
As far as you don't know, she is a wonderful women and my banter with you posters is no reflection upon her...

aww , I certainly disagree with these rules and codes that are springing up all over the place . That being said , these new rules , codes and ways of thinking mostly affects the young and their future off spring so I pretty much see these new rules , codes as revenge on the younger people [mrobama supporters and libs] . He11 , most of these younger people agree with more rules and laws so let them live in the society they are creating .
We had to live under social rules from our parents, and we changed the rules also...That's life.....

Your mom's house isn't state property where the first amendment applies
No it isn't, but all public domains have rules,,,accept them, change them or leave..As I was told in college when I did not like the rules was to join the student counsel and change them, until then I had to follow them.....

glowworm is in his manic phase this morning.....dozens of nonsensical posts having nothing to do with the threads' topics.....glowworm is what the word "troll" is about.

parents rules have nothing to do with this discussion in my opinion Moonglow . That being said , I smile when I see these new rules and codes by ' nanny state ' [big mom] as revenge on mrobama supporters and their children . Someday these little oppressed youngsters might ask , what is this thing called Freedom and what is Freedom of Speech ??

Your mom's house isn't state property where the first amendment applies
No it isn't, but all public domains have rules,,,accept them, change them or leave..As I was told in college when I did not like the rules was to join the student counsel and change them, until then I had to follow them.....
First thing I was told, was, take a look at the guy on the left, and the guy on the right.

They won't be here next semester.

We had compulsory ROTC, so it was an all male meeting.

They had all sorts of bullshit I would not put up with, and, second semester I quit.

parents rules have nothing to do with this discussion in my opinion Moonglow . That being said , I smile when I see these new rules and codes by ' nanny state ' [big mom] as revenge on mrobama supporters and their children . Someday these little oppressed youngsters might ask , what is this thing called Freedom and what is Freedom of Speech ??
When in the USA have you had complete and utter freedom? I have never seen it occur...If it isn't institutionalization it is the law of nature which afflicts freedom...Also to mention religion in govt....it has a problem with censorship of others and denies freedom also...

I see that no one bothered to actually read the article, as usual.

You leftists hate liberty in general, but nothing is hated by the left more than freedom of speech.

"Words are more powerful than guns; we do not allow our enemies to have guns, why would we allow them to speak freely?" - Joseph Stalin (FDR's "Uncle Joe.")
Stalin was the Koch families best employer....

so just more Regulation ehh Moonglow , like I said , more regulation makes me smile . Like I've said , I disagree with more regulation but it is the younger libs and their kids that will live with it . Me , I say what I want to say but that will soon be brainwashed out of people [youngsters] by this PC brainwashing , speech regulation .

Forum List

Back