Banning Critical Race Theory in Public Schools is Useless

The only use I think think for cursive is if you're a serious historical scholar and would need to know how to read it, from journals of long ago.

I believe in my district our students spend a very limited amount of time on it--mostly to shut up the really old folks and also, probably to learn how to sign their names. That's it.

The only use I think think for cursive is if you're a serious historical scholar and would need to know how to read it, from journals of long ago.

I believe in my district our students spend a very limited amount of time on it--mostly to shut up the really old folks and also, probably to learn how to sign their names. That's it.
I don't think any instruction is necessary to read it.

You don't think so? Huh. I never thought about that tbh. Maybe for adults you're right. Children certainly wouldn't be able to but then why would they NEED to?

You don't think so? Huh. I never thought about that tbh. Maybe for adults you're right. Children certainly wouldn't be able to but then why would they NEED to?
Any child of normal intelligence past the critical period should be able to figure it out in a matter of minutes.

What is it that you want?

Ban and burn all books on slavery, or on the Jim Crow era or the civil war, or slavery or the civil rights movement or the 13th, 14, 15th amendments etc?
NPR described CRT and they don't know what it is either.
So what do you think the Rs are trying to ban in our schools, teaching American History?
That is a leftist lie. CRT isn't history. Now putting the Frankfort School guys under the microscope and studying their evil ways and theories would be studying history.
Now CRT is in the American History Books so something got accomplished.
I thought they called history books social studies now?
You thought wrong, like everything else about education.

Ban and burn all books on slavery, or on the Jim Crow era or the civil war, or slavery or the civil rights movement or the 13th, 14, 15th amendments etc?
So what do you think the Rs are trying to ban in our schools, teaching American History?
That is a leftist lie. CRT isn't history. Now putting the Frankfort School guys under the microscope and studying their evil ways and theories would be studying history.
Only up through middle school, and not every state or district is the same.

racist2.jpg

You thought wrong, like everything else about education.
That's what they called it when I was in eighth grade and for every grade after that.

States can ban it, but it’s the same Leftists who like the racist CRT still teaching young minds and will just get around it other ways.

Home school your kids. Public education is the equivalent to child cruelty.

Richard Hanania on the ideological capture of state education:

[T]he movement to ban Critical Race Theory is naive if it thinks it’s going to change much about public schools… A CRT ban might mean a teacher won’t say “Ok, kids, today we’re going to learn about Critical Race Theory!” but they’ll still teach variations of the same ideas. Neither Robin DiAngelo nor Ibram X. Kendi, the two thinkers that seem to offend conservatives the most, identifies as a Critical Race Theorist. In fact, the American Federation of Teachers just announced a campaign to bring Kendi’s teachings to every student in the country, and they don’t appear to be deterred by CRT bans. This is their full-time job, and they’ll still beenever public attention has moved on from the controversy of the day… A state can ban CRT, but if it does, kids are still being taught by the same people who thought CRT for kindergartners was a good idea in the first place.

States can ban it, but it’s the same Leftists who like the racist CRT still teaching young minds and will just get around it other ways.

Home school your kids. Public education is the equivalent to child cruelty.

Richard Hanania on the ideological capture of state education:

[T]he movement to ban Critical Race Theory is naive if it thinks it’s going to change much about public schools… A CRT ban might mean a teacher won’t say “Ok, kids, today we’re going to learn about Critical Race Theory!” but they’ll still teach variations of the same ideas. Neither Robin DiAngelo nor Ibram X. Kendi, the two thinkers that seem to offend conservatives the most, identifies as a Critical Race Theorist. In fact, the American Federation of Teachers just announced a campaign to bring Kendi’s teachings to every student in the country, and they don’t appear to be deterred by CRT bans. This is their full-time job, and they’ll still be at it whenever public attention has moved on from the controversy of the day… A state can ban CRT, but if it does, kids are still being taught by the same people who thought CRT for kindergartners was a good idea in the first place.
Home schooling is very good. Teach them this: We are made in God's nude image, that is very good, just like everything else in nature. Whoever harms that image will harm God, who is our heavenly Father.

Why not offer it as an elective? Those parents that want their kids to get it take it. Those that don't well don't. Problem solved. It's simple.

That's what they called it when I was in eighth grade and for every grade after that.
History is one of the social studies, just like Algebra is part of math. History is a social studies category, but social studies is not necessarily history.

Social studies include history, geography. government/civics, political science, economics, psychology sociology, etc. depending on who you ask.

Sometimes classes combine these subjects. In one school district, I taught American Government, geography and economics in one high school required course.

When I taught middle school I taught math for 7th graders, which was very basic Algebra, and then the next year, in order to remain at the same school, I taught 8th grade World history. My third and final year, I taught 8th grade Geography to most of the same students I had for World History in 7th grade. In order to teach history, you must have a social studies certification.

Some of you say it is not being taught. Oh yes it is.

and they ARE getting around parents' objections. They drill this in the heads of teachers. They have infiltrated and dominate private businesses that care for children and i mean young mothers who earn extra money by caring for children in their homes. They are now under the department of education, they are harassed into taking money so that the Dept of Education has MORE control over them. They are told they cannot use anything but gender neutral terms in speaking to the children. Authorities are going to make sure that your children are doused in this hatred before they even GET to kindegarten or first grade. It is insidious. Get your children out of public schools. Educate them yourselves or ban together with other parents.

Some of you say it is not being taught. Oh yes it is.

and they ARE getting around parents' objections. They drill this in the heads of teachers. They have infiltrated and dominate private businesses that care for children and i mean young mothers who earn extra money by caring for children in their homes. They are now under the department of education, they are harassed into taking money so that the Dept of Education has MORE control over them. They are told they cannot use anything but gender neutral terms in speaking to the children. Authorities are going to make sure that your children are doused in this hatred before they even GET to kindegarten or first grade. It is insidious. Get your children out of public schools. Educate them yourselves or ban together with other parents.

Exaggerate, exaggerate, lie, and then exaggerate. That's your post in a nutshell.

You can't even spell kindergarten correctly!

Forum List

Back