Banning ammo that can defeat body armor...?

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Much has been made of the BATFE decision to ban 5.56mm SS109 “green tip” ammunition, as it is “armor piercing” and able to defeat the typical soft armor vests worn by police.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

Presuming that you support this move by the BATFE, do you then believe that all ammunition capable of defeating the typical soft armor vests worn by police should be banned as well?

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Much has been made of the BATFE decision to ban 5.56mm SS109 “green tip” ammunition, as it is “armor piercing” and able to defeat the typical soft armor vests worn by police.

http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

Presuming that you support this move by the BATFE, do you then believe that all ammunition capable of defeating the typical soft armor vests worn by police should be banned as well?

If so, why?
If not, why not?
Almost any good elk or moose rifle will penetrate body armor.

This is a step to declare all ammunition illegal.

Hell,a .22 will defeat body armor.
Just shoot em in the head.
We can easily profile the vast majority of violent criminals by 14.

We know who they are just from school records.

Gun laws are not the answer, dealing with these people is the answer.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

We both know why the 5.56 was singled out. It's the round that fits into those "scary guns"

I'm actually fine with the ban. MOST people who want such ammunition probably can't even legally own a gun anyway; which of course begs the question of why are we not enforcing current law.

Guns are just one of those thing where hard liners on BOTH sides are going to have to give some in order to come up with any reasonable solutions.

Or the thigh....femoral artery tear is a dead man hopping.
Slip a high powered rifle bullet inside that vest through the shoulder, and it will bounce around in the body cavity like a BB in a barrel.

Remember the old cowboy shows, where "it was only a flesh wound in the shoulder".

Man, a bullet in the shoulder meant your arm got cut off in those days, due to infection.

High velocity bullets of today just amputate on impact.

Last edited:

If so, why?
If not, why not?

We both know why the 5.56 was singled out. It's the round that fits into those "scary guns"

I'm actually fine with the ban. MOST people who want such ammunition probably can't even legally own a gun anyway; which of course begs the question of why are we not enforcing current law.

Guns are just one of those thing where hard liners on BOTH sides are going to have to give some in order to come up with any reasonable solutions.
Oh bullshit.

It is cheaper than lead, and this is all because some menopausal old bitches like Feinstein think green tipped ammo looks scary.

Same reason they banned bayonet lugs, too phallic for dried up crones in power.

Last edited:

Or the thigh....femoral artery tear is a dead man hopping.
Slip a high powered rifle bullet inside that vest through the shoulder, and it will bounce around in the body cavity like a BB in a barrel.

Remember the old cowboy shows, where "it was only a flesh wound in the shoulder".

May, a bullet in the shoulder meant your arm got cut off in those days, due to infection.

High velocity bullets of today just amputate on impact.

They say that helmets are only good for holding whats left of your head after the bullet penetrates it.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Oh bullshit.

It is cheaper than lead, and this is all because some menopausal old bitches like Feinstein think green tipped ammo looks scary.

Same reason they banned bayonet lugs, to phallic for dried up crones in power.

See , you're completely irrational on the topic. Have a good day RR

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Any 30-30, .306, 7.62mm, etc. rifle round will defeat body armor.

The ban of M855 rounds is simply a move by Obama to try and render AR-15's and other popular rifles useless.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

I guess that could be said of any of our rights listed in the Bill of Rights.

Hardliners on the pro-gun side have been giving up rights since machine guns were banned.

You Army guys scared of civilians with machine guns, then keep your asses in the barracks and off the streets.

Problem solved.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Oh bullshit.

No, but for the first time I might actually believe you were a fuckin' low life MP.

SS109 rounds are in demand, and being banned, because they are relatively cheap and plentiful - the idea that only kids want them is utterly unsupportable.
If the anti-gun loons had anything to offer in return for my giving away part of my rights, I'd listen.

You are dead wrong.

M855 green tip is the most popular .223 round because it is cheap. I've used it for target shooting for years. Criminals want a 9mm handgun to hold sideways.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Oh bullshit.

No, but for the first time I might actually believe you were a fuckin' low life MP.

no one, least of all I,cares what you think Road Runner. You're just a crusty old man who has nothing left in his life except the internet and his guns.

Not even smart enough to figure out that if you fight every little sensible gun regulation people will just feel less inclined to deal with you.

If so, why?
If not, why not?
Almost any good elk or moose rifle will penetrate body armor.

This is a step to declare all ammunition illegal.
My 7 mm mag will do that at 500 yards, 00 buck at 20 yards same thing

SS109 rounds are in demand, and being banned, because they are relatively cheap and plentiful - the idea that only kids want them is utterly unsupportable.
If the anti-gun loons had anything to offer in return for my giving away part of my rights, I'd listen.

i wasnt implying that kids want them. I meant criminals.

If so, why?
If not, why not?

Oh bullshit.

no one, least of all I,cares what you think Road Runner. You're just a crusty old man who has nothing left in his life except the internet and his guns.

Not even smart enough to figure out that if you fight every little sensible gun regulation people will just feel less inclined to deal with you.
This is not a sensible little gun regulation and your Fascist ass knows it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back