Bank of America joins big US Banks refusing to finance drilling in Arctic Refuge

It's really difficult to give banks credit but good for them.
Instead of letting wacko greenies decide what America needs why not let the
market decide?

Because the "market" can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

A lasting legacy: DuPont, C8 contamination and the community of Parkersburg left to grapple with the consequences

the oil companies are smarter than liberals and they know there will be a market for oil for many generations

why not profuce American oil instead of buying it from the russians and the arabs?

You like others avoid my point. We are self sufficient. We are.
So you are against Teflon?

that is one of the proudest products to evolve from the government-run Space Program

Brought to you by the same asshoes who make agent orange, green, red, blue, pur.....

Teflon Toxicity in Humans
In humans, Teflon toxicity causes polymer fume fever, a temporary, intense, though not very serious influenza-like syndrome. Only a few cases have been reported of people going to the hospital from overheated Teflon. Since the fever mimics the flu, it is likely doctors would not realize the origin of the illness coming from overheated Teflon. Polymer fume fever is only caused from exposure to PTFE breakdown products. Further alarm comes as PTFE residuals, known as perfluorocarbons (PFC’s) were found in breast milk from all 45 nursing mothers tested in this study.

DuPont, the original inventor and manufacturer of Teflon-coated products have known for over 50 years the toxic health effects of exposure to heated Teflon. When their workers were becoming ill on the job, DuPont conducted a study on humans with Teflon-laced cigarettes. Nine out of the ten participants developed polymer fume fever. DuPont has exhibited questionable behavior including sending many letters to bird owners who have publicly spoken or blogged about the connection of Teflon to their bird deaths. The company claims it is a trademarked name, so perhaps the PTFE coating was from another company.

Birds dying is enough for me to know Teflon is not safe in my food. Polymer fume fever and all the breakdown products just make the whole Teflon story even worse.

Yup. But until that happens, if ever, fossil fuel is what we have and use. Hell I live in Florida and if solar panels were viable everyone in the State would be using them.

It will happen eventually. Solar is advancing at an unbelievable rate right now. To me it seems impossible that harnessing energy directly from the source won't eventually be more efficient than extracting it from the goo of things that died millions of years ago. The energy from fossil fuel originally came from the sun as well. Solar is cutting out the middleman. In the decades to come I believe those that invested in solar will be quite rich.

I hope you are right. The sun shines bright in Florida almost 365 days a year. Would be nice having NO electric bills. LOL

It's really difficult to give banks credit but good for them.
Instead of letting wacko greenies decide what America needs why not let the
market decide?

Because the "market" can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

A lasting legacy: DuPont, C8 contamination and the community of Parkersburg left to grapple with the consequences

the oil companies are smarter than liberals and they know there will be a market for oil for many generations

why not profuce American oil instead of buying it from the russians and the arabs?

You like others avoid my point. We are self sufficient. We are.
So you are against Teflon?

that is one of the proudest products to evolve from the government-run Space Program

I am against putting these chemicals into the environment in a irresponsible manner and then lying about it. Yes.

Up to the banks is it not? Would you force banks to do what they have decided is against their best interests?
Is that all you can say?

if the banks are stupid enough to let a handful of wackos with no life dictate dictate company policy I call that a sign of impending decline in our economy

I hope you are right. The sun shines bright in Florida almost 365 days a year. Would be nice having NO electric bills. LOL

Hopefully the government and big energy won't start charging you for using the Sun. Don't get your hopes up.

The reason solar seems to be expanding is because the government is subsidizes it

without massive giveaways solar would be a sick puppy

And the POS in the White House will be gone in a few weeks, so why engage in one of his crazy efforts to turn back the clock to the days when fossil fuel was king. GM just announced a huge investment in EV. The world is changing even as trump is screaming and kicking to return to the 60's.

You sure are an idiot. We should have been drilling there decades ago. Billions of barrels of oil and natural gas in that area. Unlike you I'd like to be oil independent.

We should be drilling off our coasts as well. The Chinese have been slant drilling of the coast of Florida for decades. Oil we should be drilling for.

We didn't become oil independent without drilling there?

The oil and natural gas is there and we are the ones who should be using it.

Thanks for completely avoiding the question.

LMAO Do we still buy from the ME??

You don't answer a question with a question. If we are self sufficient we do not need this oil. Correct?

Since we still buy from the middle east I'd say we aren't oil independent. Drilling in America will make it so.

Oh and you can kiss my ass smartass.

OK, so Trump lied.

Up to the banks is it not? Would you force banks to do what they have decided is against their best interests?
Is that all you can say?

if the banks are stupid enough to let a handful of wackos with no life dictate dictate company policy I call that a sign of impending decline in our economy

Seems odd that all I can get for answers to my questions is more questions in return. If you do not want to answer questions on your opinions what is the point?

I am against putting these chemicals into the environment in a irresponsible manner and then lying about it. Yes.
So you want to do away with Teflon the same way you’re trying to get rid of oil

what a bad idea

The reason solar seems to be expanding is because the government is subsidizes it

without massive giveaways solar would be a sick puppy

The government does and has long subsidized oil also.

This is the way change SHOULD happen. Not by the statists eroding away our freedoms having big brother wipe all our asses.

So instead of big government over reach, we should have big business overreach?
I assume you think businesses should be forced to use their property against their will?

I do not
Then why did you say that? You made it sound negative for a business to conduct business how they see fit.

This is the way change SHOULD happen. Not by the statists eroding away our freedoms having big brother wipe all our asses.

I assume you think businesses should be forced to use their property against their will?

I do doubt that the founders intended for Business to run the country or force submission to the business's beliefs.

We have put Google, Facebook, and Twitter in charge of the Government and allowed Big Banks to control what can be produced, oil, gas, firearms -

I do not
Then why did you say that? You made it sound negative for a business to conduct business how they see fit.

If a bank decides it's not in their best interest to give a loan then that's their decision.

I do doubt that the founders intended for Business to run the country or force submission to the business's beliefs.

We have put Google, Facebook, and Twitter in charge of the Government and allowed Big Banks to control what can be produced, oil, gas, firearms -
So banks shouldnt be able to choose who they do business with? lol

Forum List

Back