Bank of America joins big US Banks refusing to finance drilling in Arctic Refuge

Fossil fuels are the king right now, and will be for a long time.

This is something I find annoying about many progressives. They seem to have no concept of the magnitude of the goal they're trying to achieve and it leads to a lot of stupid assumptions. I'm all about solar and other forms of energy but we really do have a long way to go before we can even flirt with the idea of ending fossil fuel use. I would love to see us invest more in solar R&D so it can get to the point where it doesn't need assistance in competing with fossil fuels. I truly believe that eventually solar will outpace fossil fuels. It's just a matter of developing the technology more.

Yup. But until that happens, if ever, fossil fuel is what we have and use. Hell I live in Florida and if solar panels were viable everyone in the State would be using them.

And the POS in the White House will be gone in a few weeks, so why engage in one of his crazy efforts to turn back the clock to the days when fossil fuel was king. GM just announced a huge investment in EV. The world is changing even as trump is screaming and kicking to return to the 60's.

You sure are an idiot. We should have been drilling there decades ago. Billions of barrels of oil and natural gas in that area. Unlike you I'd like to be oil independent.

We should be drilling off our coasts as well. The Chinese have been slant drilling of the coast of Florida for decades. Oil we should be drilling for.

We didn't become oil independent without drilling there?

The oil and natural gas is there and we are the ones who should be using it.

Thanks for completely avoiding the question.

LMAO Do we still buy from the ME??

Fossil fuels are the king right now, and will be for a long time.

This is something I find annoying about many progressives. They seem to have no concept of the magnitude of the goal they're trying to achieve and it leads to a lot of stupid assumptions. I'm all about solar and other forms of energy but we really do have a long way to go before we can even flirt with the idea of ending fossil fuel use. I would love to see us invest more in solar R&D so it can get to the point where it doesn't need assistance in competing with fossil fuels. I truly believe that eventually solar will outpace fossil fuels. It's just a matter of developing the technology more.

Which is what many of us want. More money invested into sustainable energy and less subsidies for oil. That doesn't mean oil won't still be used.

And the POS in the White House will be gone in a few weeks, so why engage in one of his crazy efforts to turn back the clock to the days when fossil fuel was king. GM just announced a huge investment in EV. The world is changing even as trump is screaming and kicking to return to the 60's.

You sure are an idiot. We should have been drilling there decades ago. Billions of barrels of oil and natural gas in that area. Unlike you I'd like to be oil independent.

We should be drilling off our coasts as well. The Chinese have been slant drilling of the coast of Florida for decades. Oil we should be drilling for.

You don't answer a question with a question. If we are self sufficient we do not need this oil. Correct?

Yup. But until that happens, if ever, fossil fuel is what we have and use. Hell I live in Florida and if solar panels were viable everyone in the State would be using them.

It will happen eventually. Solar is advancing at an unbelievable rate right now. To me it seems impossible that harnessing energy directly from the source won't eventually be more efficient than extracting it from the goo of things that died millions of years ago. The energy from fossil fuel originally came from the sun as well. Solar is cutting out the middleman. In the decades to come I believe those that invested in solar will be quite rich.

It's really difficult to give banks credit but good for them.
Instead of letting wacko greenies decide what America needs why not let the
market decide?

the oil companies are smarter than liberals and they know there will be a market for oil for many generations

why not profuce American oil instead of buying it from the russians and the arabs?

You don't answer a question with a question. If we are self sufficient we do not need this oil. Correct?
I assure you that oil companies do not spend billions of dollars drilling for oil that no one wants to buy

Someone will come along and finance it, and they will make billions of dollars as a result...
Only if gas is sold at $4 bucks a gallon will they make billions. With gas being as cheap as it is and with California banning the sale of internal combustion driven vehicles by 2035 ( the rest of the west coast states will follow along) there isn`t really a big demand for gas these days. People working from home aren`t buying much gas either.

BofA didn’t provide that type of financing to begin with. They just made the announcement so people like yourself would feel better about life.

FTA: Larry Di Rita, head of Bank of America’s BAC, +1.88% public policy and strategy in Washington, told Bloomberg in an interview that the company had not provided finance for natural resource concerns in the protected region historically but that public perception prompted executives to “codify our existing practice” against financing drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Virtue signaling.

The Democrats like China more than they do The US
But, that's a given.

market decide?

Because the "market" can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

A lasting legacy: DuPont, C8 contamination and the community of Parkersburg left to grapple with the consequences

the oil companies are smarter than liberals and they know there will be a market for oil for many generations

why not profuce American oil instead of buying it from the russians and the arabs?

You like others avoid my point. We are self sufficient. We are.

Someone will come along and finance it, and they will make billions of dollars as a result...
Only if gas is sold at $4 bucks a gallon will they make billions. With gas being as cheap as it is and with California banning the sale of internal combustion driven vehicles by 2035 ( the rest of the west coast states will follow along) there isn`t really a big demand for gas these days. People working from home aren`t buying much gas either.
I suspect the california greenies will find that all-electric cars in that state by 2035 is as unrealistic as dreams of flying cars were in the 1960’s

Your "assurances" do not interest me.
Ok

you figure it out

just apply logic

the oil companies see a market for the oil or they would not borrow billions of dollars from the Soy Boys running Bank of America

this is a political decision to deny loans and nothing more

Your "assurances" do not interest me.
Ok

you figure it out

just apply logic

the oil companies see a market for the oil or they would not borrow billions of dollars from the Soy Boys running Bank of America

this is a political decision to deny loans and nothing more

Up to the banks is it not? Would you force banks to do what they have decided is against their best interests?

market decide?

Because the "market" can't always be trusted to do the right thing.

A lasting legacy: DuPont, C8 contamination and the community of Parkersburg left to grapple with the consequences

You like others avoid my point. We are self sufficient. We are.
So you are against Teflon?

that is one of the proudest products to evolve from the government-run Space Program

Since we still buy from the middle east I'd say we aren't oil independent. Drilling in America will make it so.

Oh and you can kiss my ass smartass.

Forum List

Back