Bank of America joins big US Banks refusing to finance drilling in Arctic Refuge

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

And the POS in the White House will be gone in a few weeks, so why engage in one of his crazy efforts to turn back the clock to the days when fossil fuel was king. GM just announced a huge investment in EV. The world is changing even as trump is screaming and kicking to return to the 60's.

And the POS in the White House will be gone in a few weeks, so why engage in one of his crazy efforts to turn back the clock to the days when fossil fuel was king. GM just announced a huge investment in EV. The world is changing even as trump is screaming and kicking to return to the 60's.

BofA didn’t provide that type of financing to begin with. They just made the announcement so people like yourself would feel better about life.

FTA: Larry Di Rita, head of Bank of America’s BAC, +1.88% public policy and strategy in Washington, told Bloomberg in an interview that the company had not provided finance for natural resource concerns in the protected region historically but that public perception prompted executives to “codify our existing practice” against financing drilling in Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

When did you stop using fossil fuels?

Tell us how you did it.

You voted to pay 5 bucks a gallon soon. Bet you can't wait. I bet you consume twice as much energy as a normal one would. Bet me?

The banks are concerned that Biden's plan to eliminate American Energy Independence will result in the leases being cancelled. I can see their point.

You voted to pay 5 bucks a gallon soon. Bet you can't wait. I bet you consume twice as much energy as a normal one would. Bet me?

There is no lack of fossil fuel. As a matter of fact, there is a glut of fossil fuel. How do you justify a price increase? Oh yeah....you are one of the trump cult. HAVE YOU SENT THE DON ALL YOUR MONEY YET? He needs all your savings!

There is no lack of fossil fuel. As a matter of fact, there is a glut of fossil fuel. How do you justify a price increase? Oh yeah....you are one of the trump cult. HAVE YOU SENT THE DON ALL YOUR MONEY YET? He needs all your savings!
Wait a minute. You start a thread on stopping oil production and say there is plenty of oil.........NOW!!!!...Otay Buckwheat.

Wait a minute. You start a thread on stopping oil production and say there is plenty of oil.........NOW!!!!...Otay Buckwheat.

No one has been to the Arctic frontier yet to drill. No one is STOPPING anything Donald. You sure can spin words to meet your needs, huh? Let's see...is that called "alternative facts?"

You Lose again, Spanky!

They are not going to stop drilling in the artic. They are trying to prevent Putin from mining up there while they are playing these games with this climate change.

You sure are an idiot. We should have been drilling there decades ago. Billions of barrels of oil and natural gas in that area. Unlike you I'd like to be oil independent.

We should be drilling off our coasts as well. The Chinese have been slant drilling of the coast of Florida for decades. Oil we should be drilling for.

You sure are an idiot. We should have been drilling there decades ago. Billions of barrels of oil and natural gas in that area. Unlike you I'd like to be oil independent.

We should be drilling off our coasts as well. The Chinese have been slant drilling of the coast of Florida for decades. Oil we should be drilling for.

We didn't become oil independent without drilling there?

The oil and natural gas is there and we are the ones who should be using it.

Fossil fuels are the king right now, and will be for a long time.

This is something I find annoying about many progressives. They seem to have no concept of the magnitude of the goal they're trying to achieve and it leads to a lot of stupid assumptions. I'm all about solar and other forms of energy but we really do have a long way to go before we can even flirt with the idea of ending fossil fuel use. I would love to see us invest more in solar R&D so it can get to the point where it doesn't need assistance in competing with fossil fuels. I truly believe that eventually solar will outpace fossil fuels. It's just a matter of developing the technology more.

The oil and natural gas is there and we are the ones who should be using it.

Thanks for completely avoiding the question.

Forum List

Back